The Jest

Welcome to the Writer's Block!

11 posts in this topic

Welcome, I am the Jest, and as you very well, I like to RP a lot. It use to just be for entertainment when I was still 14 or 15. Nowadays though, it has evolved for me, and became a part of my exercises. For I have started my occupation, as some of you may know, as an Author. Many people have many gifts, and mine just happens to be outside the laws of reality. (Ironic, since one of my main characters manipulates those laws.) But, unfortunately I have a case of ADD, and can't get myself into a book to read unless I'm somewhere without distractions, and sadly that's not place I can go to in a snap at any time. So, I make my reading, my mental exercise, be the reading of my friends' writings and their RPs as well as my own.

However, there may be some of us who want to make something other than RPs, someone who may not want to be with others, but do have that sense of writing urges. My own opinions on that aside, I do understand that. There are some projects I personally can't do in RP form, but can do in writing form. Those kinds of Fan Fictions, Short-stories, or simple novels are why this place exists.

Now normally, this is the part where I state the rules. Well, this place only has one rule:

- Stick to the General Rules. (No Spamming, Flaming, etc. Double-/Triple-/Quadruple-/etc Posting IS allowed for the Topic creators so that they may dish out their chapters one-by-one.)

Besides that, and maybe making a "[MATURE]" Tag for anything that isn't...."Clean" material. There are really are no rules.

However, I do have 3 things to give you....All of them being advice in one way or another as to make a fan fiction you want to be incredibly proud of.

http://z9.invisionfree.com/Sonic_Turbine/index.php?showtopic=4547

http://z9.invisionfree.com/Sonic_Turbine/index.php?showtopic=4

http://z9.invisionfree.com/Sonic_Turbine/index.php?showtopic=1271

Other than that, do enjoy. :D

It's not a problem. It benefits all writers such as you and me. ^_^

So essentially, this area is mainly for people who wish to write short stories and such in topics, and then people can read and give feedback on them. Just confirming I understand this correctly, because it's something I could really get into, with all the daydreaming I come up with when listening to music.

That's the basic gist of it, yes. It's fun for those who just want to let their imagination run wild, and it's good practice for Writer-to-be like myself.

Hey, if you want to continue a tale, go to my "You're all Fired!" story. I won't post there again until I see what the reactions of Ken's former employees written down. Remember, they might not all complain.

Question. Is there a limit to how long the story should last? Because I'm thinking about making a crossover story with combined franchises like Yu-gi-oh! franchises and Sonic franchises, and may include myself in it as a possibility.

How long it lasts? No, not really. There's a limit to how short an entry/chapter of it can be. (Though I'm somewhat lenient on that.) But it can be as long as you like it to be.

However, you also have to have a good sense of Spelling and Grammar. Just remember that.

Oh, okay. Thanks for the tip, and I'll make sure I have spelling and grammar insurance, too. (^-^)