Prelate

What audio or video player do you use

14 posts in this topic

I always use VideoLAN. I find it easiest to use out of the ones I've tried

I've heard that the best video player is Media Player Classic - Home Cinema because you can set up custom filters and tweaks. I don't always run a system that can use Windows, so I usually use VLC for its portability, small size, and relatively few dependencies, especially if you just use the curses interface instead of Qt.

Well for me is Media Player Classic with SVP (Shows videos in 60 FPS) And VLC for some Videos as VLC can just play anything. For audio as i'm a bit of an audiophile so i spend hours and hours for the best music player i can find and it comes down to AIMP3 with many filters and customizability it was perfect.

Windows Media Player and VLC.
Whenever the other one doesn't work properly mostly...

'MPC-HC': It can play most types of files, and is rather reliable complared to 'VLC Media Player'.

I just install the K-Lite Codec Pack for Windows Media Player, and use that. Though it does install Media Player Classic - Home Cinema as a sort of backup in case Windows Media Player ever flips you off. I only install a codec on editions of Windows with Media Center, because I am one of the few who like it. It relies off of Media Player, so installing a codec for Media Player means Media Center can utilize it as well. However, if a system I'm using doesn't have Media Center, I just install VLC, because it's simple and why the hell not.

VLC wins anyday for me, mostly because I am a simple music and video person, BUT, a musician friend (with huge standards and such) said that for music, winamp is good and 
 for video, Media Player Classic Home Cinema.

VLC or MPC-HC, definitely. Newer OS', the browser has support for videos currently online, codec packs not needed. I do keep a codec pack ready to install if needed, for old/bad videos that require obsolete codecs to play.