Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Warp7hedgehog

The Differences between the American Archie comics and British Fleetway comics

18 posts in this topic

This is Warp7hedgehog, I've been reading some of the british fleetway comics as well as the sonic comic by Archie comics. I found out that some things are similar between both series while others are completely different, like for example, the fleetway comic says that Tails came from another dimension or "zone" while the Archie comic has tails be from normal Mobius. There's other diferences, you can find out about them in the comic section, but guys, I'm kinda newly signed up here.

Archie Mobius=Post-apocalyptic Earth

Fleetway Mobius=Separate planet

I know, in the fleetway comic, Earth is not mentioned at all! (But still I don't know why in the Archie comic the planet's name was changed from Earth to Mobius, it really makes little to no sense)

I know, in the fleetway comic, Earth is not mentioned at all! (But still I don't know why in the Archie comic the planet's name was changed from Earth to Mobius, it really makes little to no sense)

Why the planet got called Mobius is yet a mystery but it could be reference to a shape called the Möbius strip. As far as I'm aware, the words Mobius and Earth are barely used in the games, but we can asure that they live on Mobius. Strangely enough, the overlanders got 5 fingers there... Oh meh, we shouldn't compare the comics and games too much, they should have their own storyline :P. Oh, and if you're looking for a pretty way past cool reference in the Archie Comics from the Fleetway, in STH #126 Sonic and Super Sonic are apart for a short time.

Very interesting, but about one particular character who is a squirrel as far as I know who is in both comics.

Main differences I can think of is Super Sonic, who is my favourite villain in the comics, the lack of freedom fighters (I can only think of seven who have been freedom fighters at all) and the fact that Sonic has no love life like he does in Archie comics.

I do wish I could see more of evil Super Sonic.

I guess you could say that's "waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy past cool" you so called "dragon lord"(by the way, are you from Britain? Because you spelled "favorite" with the U in it and I'm american by the way) but what about common characters between both comics (Sonic and Tails obviously)? But the differences would be major. Well, I'm out of ideas (for now at least).

1 person likes this

I guess you could say that's "waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy past cool" you so called "dragon lord"(by the way, are you from Britain? Because you spelled "favorite" with the U in it and I'm american by the way) but what about common characters between both comics (Sonic and Tails obviously)? But the differences would be major. Well, I'm out of ideas (for now at least).

I am, and you're right about the common characters. Plus some of the characters from both Archie and Fleetway have cameos or small parts for characters in the other comic. If I remember correctly, Techno and Shortfuse have a cameo in Archie and Sally appears in one comic from Fleetway. Although she is a lot different from Archie.

And yes, I would agree that it's "waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy past cool" :)

Fleetway's drawing style is nothing against Archie's.

yup , in fact here is the easiest difference between fleetway annd archie : sonic kept his "attitude" in fleetway, while he started having loads of feels in archie .

And, Amy thinks Sonic is a pain in STC. We all know what the other Amies think.

And, Amy thinks Sonic is a pain in STC. We all know what the other Amies think.

She does think Sonic is a pain, but she still seems to <3 him, more at the beginning than in the end, but that may just be because she thinks Sonic has betrayed them and she knows Sonic better than in the beginning.

She does think Sonic is a pain, but she still seems to <3 him, more at the beginning than in the end, but that may just be because she thinks Sonic has betrayed them and she knows Sonic better than in the beginning.

Sorry. Must have misread that picture on Deviantart.

OK but why check THERE when we HAVE a whole collection of the fleetways ON THIS WEBSITE?

Different people interpret things differently. I haven't seen the picture on Deviantart so I can't make a judgement on what he is seeing. If you look around the beginning of STC, it shows Amy telling the world that she and Sonic are dating, which suggests she does love him. The last STC online that is on the website does show her shooting at Sonic. However, to me it seems quite clear that she still holds some love for him.

The DeviantART pic is called "Amy meets Amy".

Saw it, she does seem a little fed up with him. Probably because he is so grumpy all the time. I suggest that she does like Sonic, she just hides it or doesn't show it as in the later Fleetway comics than she does in the Archie comics.

Yeah, I know how she is but I would like to know why fleetway design her so that she's intolerant of sonic instead of the other way around where amy is often waaaay into sonic's spikes (I know that the expression is in.his hair but sonic has spikes, NOT FUR).