Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
arekpowalan

How would you improve "Sonic EXE"?

7 posts in this topic

Before you get triggered by the topic, no. I am NOT trying to expand upon the character Sonic.EXE or promote whatever JCTheHyena wanted to make considering his unadulterated ego. What I am interested in is only the mystery behind the murder plot. Since if we operate on the supernatural, it certainly has potential.

If you are not familiar with Sonic EXE, you should know that in the sequel, "Round Two", the story structured like a detective story. It was poorly done and there wan't much crime solving going on, but it do bring in some mystery on how a murder case can be committed. According to the story, a group of terrorist distributes a game disc to clueless gamers. This disc is a computer virus disguises itself as a Sonic rom hack. But in reality, it acts as a "mirror" that allows user to look into an alternative, hellish dimension. This dimension slowly corrupts the gamer's apartment room, plaguing the gamer with cryptic messages and turning him/her depressed or insane. At the height of the haunting, the entity inside the disc invades the real world and snatch user's soul into said dimension, leaving an empty corpse behind. Afterward, the virus completely destroys the computer and most potential evidence leading to the crime.

If we're only to think about how a murder can be committed and how the murderer can get away, I am interested in how to improve upon the story. That said, I want you to imagine yourself as either Batman, Sherlock Holmes, or Phoenix Wright, cracking the case with potentially supernatural at work. The megalomaniac killer can stay, but the outline of the new plot should be marked by the following:

1) Use the perspective of the detective or the police, try to focus primarily on the case instead of the murderer's identity.
2) The detective and the police are not incompetent. They are not Sonic fans and the police order all suspicious items deposited at the police department once the crimes start escalating.
3) Only necessary evidences can be found, which may include the disc and the evil Sonic doll.
4) The main character and any possible assistants never use the disc, therefore are never haunted.
5) The crime can be supernatural as long as it is logical and can be followed (e.g. Batman vs. comic super villains logic).

1 person likes this

So, you mean how we could improve the "real-life" part? The urban legend, instead of the evil reversion of Sonic?

I haven't read the full creepypasta, so I have no clue how to improve that, but I'm sure less obvious demonic references could help build a more realistic setting.

How about taking out the awful ritual part, and spirit part where Sonic.Exe has like these spirit guardians helping him (I can't remember if it was in the original or the sequel) but anyway NAMING them with Japanese names does not help at all. 

1 person likes this

Wait, there's A SEQUEL??

I think going full satanic doesn't work. It needs to establish some relation between technology and killing. And as @Shinomi-chan said, a reference to the japanese version sounds more fitting, considering Sonic the Hedgehog originated in Japan. What about something in the programming code? Some subliminal message that activates some occult brain function?

As I've said, haven't read the Sonic.exe story, so maybe these elements already show in it.

Wait, there's A SEQUEL??

I think going full satanic doesn't work. It needs to establish some relation between technology and killing. And as @Shinomi-chan said, a reference to the japanese version sounds more fitting, considering Sonic the Hedgehog originated in Japan. What about something in the programming code? Some subliminal message that activates some occult brain function?

As I've said, haven't read the Sonic.exe story, so maybe these elements already show in it.

Yes. A sequel exists, and it becomes even more cultist mess.... ugh... Comedy value becomes high though.. I think Exe should kill his victims HIMSELF, instead of using like Sonic dolls and merch to do it. (so far a doll at least has killed someone or it was implied.) Maybe get a physical form, with enhanced technology?

Sonic dolls? A CULT?? 

Okay, I must check that out before posting here again. Anyone knows where I can find the necessary info?

Sonic dolls? A CULT?? 

Okay, I must check that out before posting here again. Anyone knows where I can find the necessary info?

By checking maybe the official Creepypasta page? It has thousands of stories