Geoffrey St John

The Mobian mystery Dungeon

10 posts in this topic

For a while now I have been planning a kind of computer game based scenario role play but after a bit of a discussion with my sidekick. I came to realize it wouldn't work out as I had planned but it could make a fun community activity.

Now to explain how it works. It begins with the choice of a leader character who will be the protagonist of a story. As the story progresses I will give you all a set of three choices on what action the character will take. Each action will have a different outcome and in some events it is possible for other characters to join the lead character's team. In some story events characters will join the team in a temporary basis but could become permanent if the correct actions are taken. So think of the level set up for the Shadow the Hedgehog game.

Before I can begin with the story I need a protagonist. So I ask my fellow members to post in this thread what character you nominate as the protagonist. Any Canon character is allowed to be nominated so feel free to nominate anyone. The only character I must refuse nominations for is Geoffrey St John. I am too biased on my opinions of him thus could not write his fairly.

Nominations are open until the end of the month.

Edited by Geoffrey St John

So it's like a "choose your path" game? Cool. I love these kind of storytelling. It's very inmersive, and having you as "game-master", this will be a very enriching experience.
Before I nominate a character, will this be like a tabletop RPG? I mean, will every poster have a different character, or will we all play as one single character through all the story?

When it comes to the choices I will activate a poll with each choice. The one with the most votes will be the action taken within the story. That means everyone will be able to get involved with the story by voting. 

So it's 'choose your own' adventure by committee! ;-p 

Yes it is! I wonder who will be nominated to be a protagonist in this new adventure.

I'll choose Bunnie. Because reasons. 
Actually, I think it's a good character to make a "choose-your-own-adventure" story. She has a conflicting backstory with her cyborg body, a romance with Antoine, she can engage battle with easy, or take things from the emotional side... 

But yeah, Nicole would be a great protagonist too. The only problem I see is that Geoffrey would have to write stories revolving technology all the time, so that the holo-lynx can be around!

Actually Chaos the stories I write would depend on what you my audience decide when it comes to the three choices. And so far we have two protagonists for two stories. And in this case since Kat nominated first it means Skye still has his nomination.

Aaaaaalright, I thought you already have written the storyline.