Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geoffrey St John

Discussion about true heroes

3 posts in this topic

The title of this thread may be confusing but allow me to explain what it means.

Let me make it clear that this will contain spoilers so read on at your own risk.

Recently I have been watching Naruto Shippuden and I came to my own views of who is the true hero of the show. Yes many people would say that the namesake is the true hero but I disagree. While the show does have several heroic characters such as the sacrificial Obito Uchiha and the bad##s Kakashi  Hatake. The true hero for me is the Prince of dark peace Itachi Uchiha .

I mean just look at his story. We first learn he murdered his entire clan except Sasuke and managed to evade capture for years. Yes in time we learn that he didn't act alone and only killed his clan because he was under orders to do so from the village. But still he had a choice and he made it knowing that his actions would lead his only family left into hating him. His hometown naming him a villain and his heart to become tainted by darkness. He embraced the darkness and fashioned himself into a monster so Sasuke was motivated to kill him. Itachi mentally tortured his brother for years even though it broke his heart every single time.

He joined the Akatsuki to stop them from attacking the leaf village and protect Sasuke from danger. And even his final living act was to give Sasuke his powers to stop Tobi from controlling Sasuke. To really highlight Itachi's heroics just think about his actions after he regained himself during reanimation. He sought out the very man responsible for him being "alive" again and had him reverse the jutsu in order to save the world. So he used his second chance to get rid of it and let his soul return to the darkness to save his home and many people who deemed him a monster. Yet even with that hatred and being branded a monster he still considered himself Itachi of the leaf and passed on with a smile on his face knowing he did what he could to protect all that mattered to him.

That is why Itachi Uchiha is the true hero of Naruto.

Now that I have made my case above I invite you all to say who you think is the true who of any anime or show. But let me be clear about one thing while you are free to disagree with others you can not personally attack anyone for their opinions and anyone who does will be dealt with swiftly. This thread is for friendly discussion and not for insulting or attacking others. 

1 person likes this

The title of this thread may be confusing but allow me to explain what it means.

Let me make it clear that this will contain spoilers so read on at your own risk.

Recently I have been watching Naruto Shippuden and I came to my own views of who is the true hero of the show. Yes many people would say that the namesake is the true hero but I disagree. While the show does have several heroic characters such as the sacrificial Obito Uchiha and the bad##s Kakashi  Hatake. The true hero for me is the Prince of dark peace Itachi Uchiha .

Hidden Content

That is why Itachi Uchiha is the true hero of Naruto.

Now that I have made my case above I invite you all to say who you think is the true who of any anime or show. But let me be clear about one thing while you are free to disagree with others you can not personally attack anyone for their opinions and anyone who does will be dealt with swiftly. This thread is for friendly discussion and not for insulting or attacking others. 

I agree with you 100%

In my case I want to talk about Ciel Phantomhive from Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler and why I think he's actually misunderstood hero/hidden hero, instead of anti hero.

all of the facts have spoilers, so read at your own risk.

First of all, the fact that all of his servant who he hired after Sebastian: Mey-Rin, Bardroy,  & Finnian were all suffering because of their conditions.

SPOILERS for the anime:

(Bardroy in war, seeing all his comrades getting killed, Mey-Rin assassin, probably trained to be cold hearted and not to trust anyone or stay at one place since young age, and Finnian a human guinea pig for probably army use to make super soldiers, having to fight other prisoners in order to survive, getting injections every day. No freedom.)

and later on Snake no matter how hard he tries to fool others by saying he simply wanted "a pet" It must have been from the guilt he felt for having to kill all of his former family members, for opposing the Queen, and the peace.

He took all of them as his servants, the ones who had nothing, just like him at the point. He gave them a home, a purpose, and FREEDOM.

Secondly, the fact that he has risked his own life to protect his fiance.

MORE SPOILERS for those who have not read the manga/seen the show

(even though he says he doesn't care for the whole arranged marriage thing.) We have seen the proof many times, first in season 1, during his birthday, a bear is about to attack Elizabeth, however Ciel quickly pushes her out of the harms way protecting her.

When he goes to investigate a series of disappearances, and possible kidnappings, ONLY after he knows that Elizabeth is in danger as well.

in Season 2, Ciel jumps to save Elizabeth from a river during a storm nearly drowning in the process.

In the movie/manga, when the ship is sinking, Ciel willingly goes to save Elizabeth, even though he knows the risks, and that he could very well die doing so. Still he does not leave her.

Thirdly the fact that he took in a person, in similar situation as himself. Even though he knows almost nothing about her. (Though the methods seemed more like threatening)

This includes stuff from The Green Witch arc from the manga:

Sieglinde Sullivan known as the "Green Witch/Emerald Witch" who had been living in a lie, having to go through torture such as mutilation of her feet, in order to prevent her from escaping. She believed she lived in a village full of werewolves, and that she was the Witch, whose "spells" kept them at bay, and away from the village. She was used to create a deadly gas (mustard gas) in order for Germany to win a war. Later on she understood everything, and with Ciel's help, FINALLY got a home where she could study the outside world, that was always out of her reach.

and fourth reason:

in season 1 and in the manga during Jack The Ripper arc, he could not kill his aunt. He even ordered his demon butler to stop the attack. Even though his aunt was an enemy against the Queen, and Ciel had vowed to always serve the Queen as her loyal Guard Dog. He couldn't kill what was left from his family.

Ciel always shows either cold or uninterested face, but deep down, he's just a child who had to go through awful torture, losing his family, and having to do the best he could in the worst situation.

Edited by Shinomi-chan

The Lord of the Rings series, Sam.

Frodo was the one to be chosen to deal with the ring, yet Sam volunteered to help his friend. Throughout the story, Frodo ditches the rest of the fellowship, and then tries ditching sam another 2 times, yet Sam always comes back, facing dangers well beyond what he should, and it was ultimately thanks to him and gloom that the day and world were saved. Thats my 2 bits.

*Please insert quarter for more*

2 people like this