Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frostryu

Thoughts on Shard possibly coming back

9 posts in this topic

Felt like trying to start a Discussion.

OK, I was a big fan of Shard the Metal-Sonic, and was greatly depressed at his ending/ not appearing in the rebooted cannon. But then I noticed that during the Flurrie arc, we are treated ot the reminder that Neo-Metal sonic had already happened and had shown signs of personality growth, and that generally Sonic Heroes had happened. Why I bring this up is that at the end of Heroes, Neo-Metal is left in the care of Team Dark, who report to G.U.N, who are always looking for new ways to defend themselves, beat Eggman, and otherwise up their arsenal. Would it be too much to hope that Neo-Metal got taken back to G.U.N., opened up and experimented on, and perhaps could be showing up in a future arc, perhaps as the new Shard? I've got more, but I wanna hear some feedback first.

I think I heard Ian Flynn had plans for Shard coming back...could be wrong though

I think I heard Ian Flynn had plans for Shard coming back...could be wrong though

That was VERY early on in the reboot when Ian said that. Since then, he’s been slowly back-peddling on that quote (mostly due to Shard's connection to Mecha Sonic in the original timeline). Nowadays, the answer is a straight "no" from him.

Basically, Shard ain't coming back. The closest thing you'll get to him is Gemerl.

Pity. Was really hopng Neo-metal was going to become him.

I REALLY hope Shard comes back, it was A HUGE development when one of the original metal sonic's became a good guy! No one but Shard has done that before, and I am NOT going to give him up now! (I mean I DO have the comics he's in but... I NEED more Shard!!) I pray they bring him back.. He's awesome. 

Perhaps we could get not Shard?

I mentioned above how I thought Ian could bring Shard to the new continuity, but we could do that, not call him Shard, and we'd technically be in the clear. We already have not-A.D.A.M. in the form of Phage, who just needs a little more time and development to fill those shoes. Just call him (or is it technically 'it' " Neo or something, have it get to the same level of conversation and cognitive skills as Shard over an arc or two, and we Shard fans could fell fulfilled without Ian having to risk major reprisals. Having him and Omega talk to each other could be fun.

Any thoughts on my thoughts?

To be fair though we haven't seen much of him yet