Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hazerddex

Was Doctor Finitevus removed with the rest of the dark legion?

6 posts in this topic

i was wondering if doctor finitevus was the one of the characters to fall victim to that law suit a while back he was one of my favorite villains in the archie sonic comics so i was wondering if hes gone for good or if they still can use him. i know most the echidna characters got removed due to the law suit i just hope he was not one of them

Dr Finitevus was a Karl Boller creation so while he was not a direct casualty, he would've been an indirect one (ie: He was not a Penders creation but he wasn't a Flynn one either)

The general rule of thumb is if the character was not made by Ian Flynn, they will not show up (even then some of them wont). Not at all. So yes, he is probably gone for good

1 person likes this

i was wondering if doctor finitevus was the one of the characters to fall victim to that law suit a while back he was one of my favorite villains in the archie sonic comics so i was wondering if hes gone for good or if they still can use him. i know most the echidna characters got removed due to the law suit i just hope he was not one of them

Dr. Finitevus was actually created by Carl Bollers (if you doesn't count his earlier nameless appearance as random echidna scientist), so technically he doesn't fall under Penders' lawsuit. Regardless Archie still not allowed to use him anymore because he's not a Sega or Flynn's creation. Besides, in a new continuity Knuckles is pretty much the same as his video game counterpart - the only remaining echidna in his kind (exept for Tikal who's a spirit). Insertion of another echidna in a story is highly unlikely at this point. 

Dr. Finitevus was actually created by Carl Bollers (if you doesn't count his earlier nameless appearance as random echidna scientist), so technically he doesn't fall under Penders' lawsuit. Regardless Archie still not allowed to use him anymore because he's not a Sega or Flynn's creation. Besides, in a new continuity Knuckles is pretty much the same as his video game counterpart - the only remaining echidna in his kind (exept for Tikal who's a spirit). Insertion of another echidna in a story is highly unlikely at this point. 

i can understand why they cant use panders but why cant they use Carl Boller's characters? whats stopping them did carl boller also leave/lawsuit them?

awh **** that means hopes gone as well doesn't it

Edited by hazerddex

What's stopping them is a chance of another lawsuit. If only Penders' characters were remover and Karl Boller turned around and went "hey. I want money for you using my characters" then they're back in the same situation and yet another reboot would have to occur and it'll be a mess. The only reason Flynn's creations areokay is because he still works there

And yes. That does mean Hope is gone too. As is Mina Mongoose. And every non-Flynn or non-Sega character... Oh. And non SatAM character

1 person likes this

Dr Finitevus was a Karl Boller creation so while he was not a direct casualty, he would've been an indirect one (ie: He was not a Penders creation but he wasn't a Flynn one either)

The general rule of thumb is if the character was not made by Ian Flynn, they will not show up (even then some of them wont). Not at all. So yes, he is probably gone for good

Welp there goes one of my favorite villains... bye bye Fini.