teamrandom21

Another Worlds Collide?

9 posts in this topic

so earlier today, i watched BW ross (a guy on youtube who talks about wrestling and sonic comics.) and he mentioned that at the end of worlds unite there was a hint at a 3rd one. what do you guys think of this?

personally, i really don't want anther worlds unite or worlds collide. unless it's like my fan fic crossover with sonic and nights into dreams or freedom planet if archie and sega and the company that made freedom planet can work something out. other then that and maybe sonic boom i'm not really looking for anther big crossover with everyone from who knows where, and i think the same can be said for archie as Ian (the great bumbleking) said the licenses for everything cost money and stuff.

but what are you're guys thoughts. should anther worlds unite happen, or shouldn't it.

The problem is today beside Archie, DC, Marvel, and IDW their isn't really a lot of comic books of different heroes being release nowadays and the selection is very small as well. I would love a crossover with Batman or the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles someday but after World's Unite left a bad taste in my mouth with the confusing story and the Sonic 06-esque ending with wasting the whole event from existed minus kissing a princess *cough* Elise *cough*

No... no... no...

Don't want another. No more pls. I wanna see the new stuff. Not more crossovers with random other... peoples. I've had enough

TOO SOON! We don't need another one! We need problem solving! Like Clove's and Cassie's situation! No more genesis waves no more random characters who the heroes won't remember either way!!! No no no!

4 people like this

i agree with all of you guys. I want to see new stuff and possible shipping come back if the fan base can not riot about it and wine. Point begin no more crossovers, unless it's small like i mentioned with nights into dreams let's just have the story go on along with ian flynn's plans to have characters have there own set of stories.

I would rather reread the whole Pre-Genesis Sonic than looking forward for another World Collide. I feel I have attained more literary enjoyment and benefits out of them than any of these crossovers.

...You're talking about that little 'Nexus' thing that Sticks was talking about, right? If anything, that world is probably there more as a hint towards something else, not necessarily another Sonic/Mega Man crossover. Maybe some kind of miniseries or new comic allowing small crossovers with other franchises. Though I do have one potential theory as to what it may be used for: (SPOILERS FOR THE LATEST SONIC UNIVERSE ARC!)

At the end of the 'Silver Age' story arc in Sonic Universe (issues 79-82) Silver, Gold and Professor Von Schlemmer fell into a Genesis Portal, but we don't find out where they went. However, we at least know that Silver will eventually team up with Sonic twice (first to deal with the Ifrit on Sonic's World, then to stop Metal Sonic and get the Chaos Emerald in another world) and even meet the Maverick Hunters in 21XX (that part of Worlds Unite is still canon).

So... maybe the world where Silver and Co. end up after 'The Silver Age' is, in fact, the Nexus world hinted at in Worlds Unite? It may be a stretch, but it could help to further explain why Silver is going to all these different worlds to stop the Genesis Portals, rather than just Sonic's world. Heck, if I were to make an even crazier guess, what if the Nexus world is actually Gold's HOMEWORLD?! (...Okay, that one might be pushing it...)

Either way, I'm near-certain that we're not getting any more crossovers anytime soon. The Unleashed arc is priority one for the Sonic comics now.

...You're talking about that little 'Nexus' thing that Sticks was talking about, right? If anything, that world is probably there more as a hint towards something else, not necessarily another Sonic/Mega Man crossover. Maybe some kind of miniseries or new comic allowing small crossovers with other franchises. Though I do have one potential theory as to what it may be used for: (SPOILERS FOR THE LATEST SONIC UNIVERSE ARC!)

Hidden Content

Either way, I'm near-certain that we're not getting any more crossovers anytime soon. The Unleashed arc is priority one for the Sonic comics now.

if that's the case that would be nice or awesome.

i agree. no more crossovers for awhile, i want to see some sonic action without being interrupted by a crossover [sorry megaman]