teamrandom21

Who do you think is most likely to return?

29 posts in this topic

Hey, don't diss fan-fiction!  A lot of Star Wars fans are hoping that the new fan-fiction will be better than what they had before! ;-p

Fanfiction can be done pretty well. The old series is what I'd consider to be a really good fanfiction. And while I like the old one and I think it has SOME moments of being better than the old one, I still like the old one a lot too

But... like N'egga, I am a little tired of the constant "oh the new one is awful because its not exactly the same as before!" Which I'm sorry I am but it does bug me after a while. Its tge same with the games. Ive seen people online complain when they haven't actually played it (I wonder how the Sonic fanbase got its bad rep...)

Really... I just want people to get passed it. It isnt going to change unless someone else sues and we get another reboot. Just miss them in your own way and accept it is my feeling

Wow... this moved from one convo to another. I didn't mean for that to happen

Hey, don't diss fan-fiction!  A lot of Star Wars fans are hoping that the new fan-fiction will be better than what they had before! ;-p

Exactly! It's not like I write Star wars fan-fic...OK I do.

And I like the new universe so I'm also getting a little fed up with complaining about how awful it is and how it sucks.

Edited by Seviper

you all need to remember archie is just a huge paid fanfiction buying permission from sega. people are so invested in the archie version they think its superior and better than the original sega counterpart even when they dont portray the game characters correctly or incorporate something that does not fit in the original universe. people think its better because it picks up fanfiction elements that fangirls think in their heads, like shipping, shipping, and shipping. oh yeah and what i think people call "headcanons"?

at first sega was accepting toward archie even when sonic was kissing girls here and there, tails transformed into a muscular thing, and stuff like politics and drama. the only thing they got angry was archie drawing sonic so sad and crying when sally died or something.then penders happened, and sega realized they cant risk another problem, even if it seem there is no more problematic people. and whats safer than making them stick closer to the game? im more surprised they didnt do this earlier. while im not fond of the post-reboot version i think its waaaaaaaaay better than pre-reboot because its more like an adaption and not a ridiculous fanfiction with all the cast swapped into sonic characters. 

sonic cannot have a girlfriend because thats his nature. hes the type of guy who does not get into romance. you see that in the game because the creators and staff for sonic intended it to be like that. if he did, he's going to have amy as his gf in the game, sally in the comic, madonna in the cartoon, or whatever...he cant just have different girlfriends. i think tails got a girlfriend in the boom cartoon, but i think its safe because boom is a different universes than the main one.

i still like and don't mind if archie does go fan fic on this. that and why is it that something is only offical when the company releases it? esepcially if that company is dead and gone, then what? 

that's also why i like the pre-boot. so what if it doesn't follow the games, the games leaves out a lot of stuff, and we don't see characters from the games like bean and bark and other stuff...