teamrandom21

Who do you think is most likely to return?

29 posts in this topic

Sorry guys on here if topics surrounding mr.panders lawsuit are making you hate me, but one thing i can't help but ask is who (who was not made by panders) do you think we could see return in the comics again. we have storm back which took me by surprise, and i think/hope that others we may see include

-ash mongoose

-mina

-li moon

-snively

-iron nicole.

what's your say in this guys.

Snively IS back. He just works for GUN now.

As for the others, I doubt it. Archie isn't using any pre-Penders original characters to avoid more lawsuits.

Triforce is right. Snively is in under the name Julian Snively working for GUN

Iron Nicole is just a form off Nicole. They are the same person and there's no reason for that form to be in this without the Iron Queen

No one else is going to come back so as to avoid any other lawsuits or problems. That's just the way it is.Only people who are still in are Flynn's OCs such as Mordred

Actually there MIGHT be one more, Shard.  As Ian has stated earlier he had plans for him.  But he's.... got a complicated origin, so I wouldn't bet on him.

Triforce is right. Snively is in under the name Julian Snively working for GUN

Iron Nicole is just a form off Nicole. They are the same person and there's no reason for that form to be in this without the Iron Queen

No one else is going to come back so as to avoid any other lawsuits or problems. That's just the way it is.Only people who are still in are Flynn's OCs such as Mordred

dylan, hear me out here. we're getting conquoring storm back, and flynn said his book lost hedgehog tales is going to tell or make it obiouse who may come back and who won't.

Conquering Storm was a Flynn creation. 

Basically, any character introduced after issue 160 has a chance as long as they are not a relative of another character.

And not there for the purpose of being with another character who's definitely out I suspect.Such as Ash Mongoose

He did? Whoops! I forgot he appeared before issue 180 ;P

No worries.  I just remember cause he was part of the mass "LOOK HOW MUCH STUFF HAS CHANGED" panic once Sonic came back from space.

No worries.  I just remember cause he was part of the mass "LOOK HOW MUCH STUFF HAS CHANGED" panic once Sonic came back from space.

my appologise if i get fustrated with you guys on this subject (dylan and skye) but it really is ticking me off. all's i ask is archie says "hey (insert name of dude who made this character) are you ok with us using him. that's all! it doesn't have to be a panders character, it can be someone from some other writer. is it too much for them to ask permission to use the character, cause then if they do, no lawsuits will happen or should happen. it just baffles me and i've still yet to get an answer on why this can't be.

Okay... say they did. And then later the person who made the character changes their mind for whatever reason and decide to be another Pendersman. Then there are problems

It's just easier to be done with all of them. They will be missed but really... it's getting to the point where it's just easier to let them go than to hold on to them and to constantly get annoyed with them not returning

Okay... say they did. And then later the person who made the character changes their mind for whatever reason and decide to be another Pendersman. Then there are problems

It's just easier to be done with all of them. They will be missed but really... it's getting to the point where it's just easier to let them go than to hold on to them and to constantly get annoyed with them not returning

that's still a bit hard to do for some, which is why they don't read the comics anymore. i still do, but it's because of this incident that I wrote the sonic fan fic sonic multiverse. sorry if i'm getting off point here dylan, but, what i'm trying to get to is not everyone wants to deal with this truth. why do you think so many people attack panders? they don't want to believe it's archie's fault that these guys are gone. imagine if (i forget his name but the dude who made fiona fox) sued archie. he would get attacked wouldn't he? also i feel as though all of this is the beginning of the end for the comics.

I think almost everyone is upset seeing so many characters killed off.  I still am.  But dwelling on it isn't going to bring them back.  And leaving the comics is a little extreme, assuming you don;t hate the basic class.

The trouble is there ARE no angels in this story.  Everyone been an ass, and I'm always amazed that people don't get that SEGA/Archie are in the wrong as Penders was.

But comics have been a mess like this for years.  This is NOTHING compared to some of the stuff that went on with Marvel, DC, Image and some of the other comic producers.  The one thing comic book writers seem to love best is lawsuits.

And this is why it's best to let go and start afresh.  Otherwise we could have the same situation further down the line.

I think almost everyone is upset seeing so many characters killed off.  I still am.  But dwelling on it isn't going to bring them back.  And leaving the comics is a little extreme, assuming you don;t hate the basic class.

The trouble is there ARE no angels in this story.  Everyone been an ass, and I'm always amazed that people don't get that SEGA/Archie are in the wrong as Penders was.

But comics have been a mess like this for years.  This is NOTHING compared to some of the stuff that went on with Marvel, DC, Image and some of the other comic producers.  The one thing comic book writers seem to love best is lawsuits.

And this is why it's best to let go and start afresh.  Otherwise we could have the same situation further down the line.

thanks for that skye and you are very true with the panders thing. i have heard about archie not paying panders his royalties and i didn't know that things like this were somewhat the norm for comics.

Eh... I know there were issues with Archie and SEGA in this. It might not come out that I'm irritated with all but for me it comes down to who would I prefer to blame more in the end. Given I still enjoy reading Archie comics so I try to put things aside with them. Sega... eh... its Sega. Of course they're going to be the way they are. Penders sued and got rid of a load of characters only for some to be remade into horrific abominations in his series. So yeah... I blame the Pendersman... I'm just getting to the point where I know there's no good sticking to the past. If Penders does sue again then I'll be hapoy to attack again. But I know the characters aren't coming back and the reboit is not bad if given a real chance. Characters are coming in again and there'll be a whole new community. I'll keep the old one in my heart but accept the new too

Eh... I know there were issues with Archie and SEGA in this. It might not come out that I'm irritated with all but for me it comes down to who would I prefer to blame more in the end. Given I still enjoy reading Archie comics so I try to put things aside with them. Sega... eh... its Sega. Of course they're going to be the way they are. Penders sued and got rid of a load of characters only for some to be remade into horrific abominations in his series. So yeah... I blame the Pendersman... I'm just getting to the point where I know there's no good sticking to the past. If Penders does sue again then I'll be hapoy to attack again. But I know the characters aren't coming back and the reboit is not bad if given a real chance. Characters are coming in again and there'll be a whole new community. I'll keep the old one in my heart but accept the new too

i know, i guess i can't help but not want to because i just got into them (the comics) and now the characters are gone? that's why i was glad to see conquoring storm. flynn character or not i feel she's under rated greatly, i don't agree with her robotic eyes though...

i know, i guess i can't help but not want to because i just got into them (the comics) and now the characters are gone? that's why i was glad to see conquoring storm. flynn character or not i feel she's under rated greatly, i don't agree with her robotic eyes though...

I think that was everyone's problem back then we got to invest into the world the pre-reboot offer us to the point where the reboot happen people has been throwing fires under Archie, Sega, Ian, and Pender, yeah even though Ian didn't like the change he had to make to the comics he get attack because he's the writer and he the one who writes these stories and events that transpire.

I don't like the reboot universe at all and I'm one of those people that gave this universe too many chances to get me invested into again and redeem itself every time I had a good issue I like I'm always reminded of bad issues and arc I didn't care for. Plus everything happen too fast and it seen like Archie isn't truly invested into any of these stories expectantly the Unleashed Arc, they were so quick to jump to Sonic the Fighters Arc which wasn't even that good a laughing stock if any and World's Unite which I choice to forget. It's for these very reason I drop the Sonic comics all together not Archie as a whole because I like the Mega Man comic, but even that going on a halius with a 5% chance of it return or being the same if the 2017 cartoon is a reboot.

I still miss the past characters I know where at this point where we should move on, but it's not that easy to just move on an accept a new world that just came out of nowhere. I also compare Ian's pre-reboot characters to his post-reboot characters and I noticed his characters started to get real genetic (I made get hated for that.) But this whole thing dealing with penders isn't entirely his fault the company also have a hand in it too. If Sega or Archie knew their former writers or someone close to them made take certain thing the wrong way then it would be better to take precaution and ask first instead of jumping the gun like everything is cool and all just look at Archie they though by removing penders and the other writers characters everything was going to be smooth sailing a couple of months later *bang* Archie and or Sega is getting hit by another lawsuit.

I think that was everyone's problem back then we got to invest into the world the pre-reboot offer us to the point where the reboot happen people has been throwing fires under Archie, Sega, Ian, and Pender, yeah even though Ian didn't like the change he had to make to the comics he get attack because he's the writer and he the one who writes these stories and events that transpire.

I don't like the reboot universe at all and I'm one of those people that gave this universe too many chances to get me invested into again and redeem itself every time I had a good issue I like I'm always reminded of bad issues and arc I didn't care for. Plus everything happen too fast and it seen like Archie isn't truly invested into any of these stories expectantly the Unleashed Arc, they were so quick to jump to Sonic the Fighters Arc which wasn't even that good a laughing stock if any and World's Unite which I choice to forget. It's for these very reason I drop the Sonic comics all together not Archie as a whole because I like the Mega Man comic, but even that going on a halius with a 5% chance of it return or being the same if the 2017 cartoon is a reboot.

I still miss the past characters I know where at this point where we should move on, but it's not that easy to just move on an accept a new world that just came out of nowhere. I also compare Ian's pre-reboot characters to his post-reboot characters and I noticed his characters started to get real genetic (I made get hated for that.) But this whole thing dealing with penders isn't entirely his fault the company also have a hand in it too. If Sega or Archie knew their former writers or someone close to them made take certain thing the wrong way then it would be better to take precaution and ask first instead of jumping the gun like everything is cool and all just look at Archie they though by removing penders and the other writers characters everything was going to be smooth sailing a couple of months later *bang* Archie and or Sega is getting hit by another lawsuit.

bro, i agree with everything you say, and i agree and glad you pointed that up there for anther argument on why we should see them back. that and would it hurt for the former writers to oh i don't know? say "lesson archie, i don't like this or that" instead of just hitting them with a lawsuit.

anther reason why i hate the post wave is because of lack of shipping. guys look, hate me all you want, dylan i know you like this this way but i don't. we already deal enough of that in the games and i hate how ian can't establish any relationships or try to. tails could be with fiona fox or nicole in a touching love story angle, and sally and sonic could get back together, but instead no, we can't have that happen, we probably can't even have stories that take place in the future. I hate and hope this changes, so what if the sega ship fans are out of control? ignore them, you already have fans leaving the comics simply because of the reboot, and i'm sure that sega doesn't give to (bleeps) about how fans feel about sonic boom, other wise why the hell are we getting a squeal to it?

as blue comet said, i know it's time to move on but we can't, some of us really can't. this universe came out of no where all because of a crossover with mega man, and i blame archie because of this situation and how things are running. we could still be having panders and other writers characters, hell, panders even ALLOWS it and doesn't mind, but instead they have to do this out of worry. i get that to some degree but if they really knew there writers they would continue and just make up some excuse for why panders characters are gone, it really ticks me off, and it's why i hate archie and just want to beg sega to take the rights away sometimes. Poor flynn is stressing his heart out cause old archie with there stupid blond haired mascot who can go (bleep) himself had to mess up and give the piper panders his money, and you all wonder why i don't hate him, cause archie had as much as a say in the distruction of there own comics, and could dispute the copyright claims on panders instead of just suing him! panders said it himself on his forms! archie, i hope you're happy with yourselves.

Sheesh. I leave the forums for a while, and THIS is what I see when I get back?

Look, I get it. People still don't like the reboot for various reasons. But constantly complaining about it won't change a single thing. Archie made a big mistake with the whole Penders fiasco, so they're gonna make sure not to make the same mistake again. If that means the loss of comic characters, then so be it. We can't change that. Ian Flynn's already given at least a few reasons why he doesn't 'ship' characters (I should note that there's a difference between shipping and actual romance) that I'll gladly look up and quote here if it's necessary. Also, one thing that should be noted above all is that, despite the stories having original/semi-original elements in the Sonic comics both old and new, the comic is still just a form of advertisment for the Sonic games. I've seen a lot of people argue against that statement many times (I imagine some of you do, too) but I find it to be true.

Teamrandom, I'm sorry if this post seems harsh towards your views on Archie or the Sonic comics (especially since this is my first post since you joined these forums). I'm honestly just a little sick and tired of hearing the same/similar complaints about the reboot, despite the fact that it's been just over 2 years since the whole thing began. As for everyone else, sorry for the long wait. I'm hoping to fully join in the discussions once again very soon.

Also, one thing that should be noted above all is that, despite the stories having original/semi-original elements in the Sonic comics both old and new, the comic is still just a form of advertisment for the Sonic games. I've seen a lot of people argue against that statement many times (I imagine some of you do, too) but I find it to be true.

The shame is the advertisement is often superior to what it's advertising!

1 person likes this

Sheesh. I leave the forums for a while, and THIS is what I see when I get back?

Look, I get it. People still don't like the reboot for various reasons. But constantly complaining about it won't change a single thing. Archie made a big mistake with the whole Penders fiasco, so they're gonna make sure not to make the same mistake again. If that means the loss of comic characters, then so be it. We can't change that. Ian Flynn's already given at least a few reasons why he doesn't 'ship' characters (I should note that there's a difference between shipping and actual romance) that I'll gladly look up and quote here if it's necessary. Also, one thing that should be noted above all is that, despite the stories having original/semi-original elements in the Sonic comics both old and new, the comic is still just a form of advertisment for the Sonic games. I've seen a lot of people argue against that statement many times (I imagine some of you do, too) but I find it to be true.

Teamrandom, I'm sorry if this post seems harsh towards your views on Archie or the Sonic comics (especially since this is my first post since you joined these forums). I'm honestly just a little sick and tired of hearing the same/similar complaints about the reboot, despite the fact that it's been just over 2 years since the whole thing began. As for everyone else, sorry for the long wait. I'm hoping to fully join in the discussions once again very soon.

neo, thanks for the appology, it shows that you don't mean to be mean, and us fans can't help it. like skye said, it's superior to what it's advertising and we want the comics to be more then just some advertisement, hence the shipping and stuff. flynn not shipping characters i can see and have heard about before, but there's a part of me that wants fan out cry to change that, and i know not everyone is gonna look to fan fiction because of stories or other bad experinces that will or have put a bad taste in their mouth. 

Also, one thing that should be noted above all is that, despite the stories having original/semi-original elements in the Sonic comics both old and new, the comic is still just a form of advertisment for the Sonic games. I've seen a lot of people argue against that statement many times (I imagine some of you do, too) but I find it to be true.

The shame is the advertisement is often superior to what it's advertising!

It's sad because it's true. lol XD

you all need to remember archie is just a huge paid fanfiction buying permission from sega. people are so invested in the archie version they think its superior and better than the original sega counterpart even when they dont portray the game characters correctly or incorporate something that does not fit in the original universe. people think its better because it picks up fanfiction elements that fangirls think in their heads, like shipping, shipping, and shipping. oh yeah and what i think people call "headcanons"?

at first sega was accepting toward archie even when sonic was kissing girls here and there, tails transformed into a muscular thing, and stuff like politics and drama. the only thing they got angry was archie drawing sonic so sad and crying when sally died or something.then penders happened, and sega realized they cant risk another problem, even if it seem there is no more problematic people. and whats safer than making them stick closer to the game? im more surprised they didnt do this earlier. while im not fond of the post-reboot version i think its waaaaaaaaay better than pre-reboot because its more like an adaption and not a ridiculous fanfiction with all the cast swapped into sonic characters. 

sonic cannot have a girlfriend because thats his nature. hes the type of guy who does not get into romance. you see that in the game because the creators and staff for sonic intended it to be like that. if he did, he's going to have amy as his gf in the game, sally in the comic, madonna in the cartoon, or whatever...he cant just have different girlfriends. i think tails got a girlfriend in the boom cartoon, but i think its safe because boom is a different universes than the main one.