teamrandom21

Do you think we can see ships in the series again?

7 posts in this topic

so ships in the series can no longer happen due to archie fearing sega will take the license away from them (the comic book is more closer to the series.) if this situation ever blows over or ends, do you think we'll see couples in the series again?

I expect it to be left even more to audience interpretation than before. They can't stop people shipping characters even if they cannot directly do it in the comics.So... not seeing couples would depend whether you look for them to ship or give up on how they're not completely obvious anymore ;)

(And honestly that's how I'd prefer it on the most part so the internet freaks out less with how the characters being shipped in the comics are wrong)

1 person likes this

I expect it to be left even more to audience interpretation than before. They can't stop people shipping characters even if they cannot directly do it in the comics.So... not seeing couples would depend whether you look for them to ship or give up on how they're not completely obvious anymore ;)

(And honestly that's how I'd prefer it on the most part so the internet freaks out less with how the characters being shipped in the comics are wrong)

that is true dylan, and sorry if this topic seemed like a dumb one to bring up, but i remembered that the restrictions that sega/archie put on the comics, and non ships and not having families was one of them. sega why? just why?

To have total creative control stay with Sega.  And because Sonic is  'brand' he must stay Static and not evolve in order to not offend any of his character base.

Same with Mario.

To have total creative control stay with Sega.  And because Sonic is  'brand' he must stay Static and not evolve in order to not offend any of his character base.

Same with Mario.

Isn't that what Lost World, 06, and Boom did

That is why Boom is a 'spin off' rather than a reboot.  Let's see how fans take to a Sonic redesign.

The vocal ones hated it, so don't expect any more character development. 

That is why Boom is a 'spin off' rather than a reboot.  Let's see how fans take to a Sonic redesign.

The vocal ones hated it, so don't expect any more character development. 

still, i can't help but want to see some relation ships in the comics. then again...looks at sonic couples forms and i wonder why...tear falls from my eye sadly