teamrandom21

could scourage make it into sonic boom.

20 posts in this topic

i know this is pretty much impossible but i still want to see this. Scourage is one of the characters i really want to come back in the comics or other media, and even with what the director or whoever runs sonic boom said they only use the characters from the series and not archie comic characters, they mind as well throw scourage in the ring since he's out of the comics. what do you guys think?

He's out of the comics but he still counts as a Sonic character so it won't happen. Though with the craziness that happens in Sonic Boom I wouldn't be surprised if we suddenly had a Boom Sonic from another universe show up. But it definitely won't be Scourge

(Is Scourge even allowed to e used anymore?)

He's out of the comics but he still counts as a Sonic character so it won't happen. Though with the craziness that happens in Sonic Boom I wouldn't be surprised if we suddenly had a Boom Sonic from another universe show up. But it definitely won't be Scourge

(Is Scourge even allowed to e used anymore?)

technically yes. i know people are blaming panders but after his statement that he can use his characters except for the 3 in his new comic, i'm calling sega on it. i would say archie but flynn said "out of my hands" or something like that on that infamous reboot post. 

If I remember correctly, they can use it but they have to pay Penders and he has to have a say in how they are shown

If I remember correctly, they can use it but they have to pay Penders and he has to have a say in how they are shown

kind of hoping that's not true. good god this whole situation is confussing as all he-double hockey sticks.

Short version TR.  Penders is a jerk.  Sega are jerks.  And Flynn is caught in the middle.

Basically Flynn is caught in a war that he want no part of

Short version TR.  Penders is a jerk.  Sega are jerks.  And Flynn is caught in the middle.

reminds me of the house of cards comic. and i agree with blue comet. i feel bad for flynn, him and the whole comic series is turned upside down because panders woke up one morning and said "i think i'll sue archie for no reason" or because he wanted to make his own spinoff series or something.

Actually, if I remember correctly (and could be wrong so take this with a pinch of salt.

Penders found out the Sonic Chronicles bad guys were a homage to his Dark Legion in the comics.

He tries to sue Sega for stealing his ideas, even though most of HIS ideas were blatant copies.

He lost (I think) which prompted him to go after the comics instead.

I'm not 100% sure as everything about this just makes me sigh in frustration, but I think that's what happened.

Edited by Skye Prower

Actually, if I remember correctly (and could be wrong so take this with a pinch of salt.

Penders found out the Sonic Chronicles bad guys were a homage to his Dark Legion in the comics.

He tries to sue Sega for stealing his ideas, even though most of HIS ideas were blatant copies.

I'm not 100% sure as everything about this just makes me sigh in frustration, but I think that's what happened.

trust me i know how you feel. while i'm not saying i won't read the comics i still can't help but want to go on and on venting about how it sucks that we can't see these characters anymore. and panders opening a go fund me account to have his characters back in the comics is probably his way of saying "man i fudged up", and he really did.

Actually, if I remember correctlyarrow-10x10.png (and could be wrong so take this with a pinch of salt.

Actually Penders won and as a result Sega wanted everything dealing with him remove including other writers characters like Mina.

Actually, if I remember correctlyarrow-10x10.png (and could be wrong so take this with a pinch of salt.

Actually Penders won and as a result Sega wanted everything dealing with him remove including other writers characters like Mina.

that would explain why even though he's allow them to use the characters sega won't, because they pretty much are p***ed at the dude.

It much easier too erase someone creation from existed then to pay someone. It's not Sega can't pay him they have a lot of money to do so it just that their cheapskate and won't pay why Roger Craig Smith is Sonic, even though Ryan Drummond won in 2010 due to Sega's cheap nature he had to give it up because Sega gave him some bs and penders kinda no different. 

Pretty sure Archie would be the one who'd have to pay. Not SEGA

Lets be fair though, if a guy sued you, would you want to pay him more money just to use characters he created and have him looking over your shoulder and saying whether you are and aren't allowed to use those characters in that way? Or would you be creative and make new characters and give a fresh start removing anything to do with that person or will give you reminders of him in an attempt to move on?

Pretty sure Archie would be the one who'd have to pay. Not SEGA

Lets be fair though, if a guy sued you, would you want to pay him more money just to use characters he created and have him looking over your shoulder and saying whether you are and aren't allowed to use those characters in that way? Or would you be creative and make new characters and give a fresh start removing anything to do with that person or will give you reminders of him in an attempt to move on?

good point. i'm already making a fan fiction series using those characters anyway, and i see the whole thing as karma to panders since he couldn't make like elsa and let it go

They're allowed to use Scourge since Evil Sonic was introduced prior to Penders joining the team. However, since he was massively influenced by Penders, they're avoiding him despite having the rights.

They're allowed to use Scourge since Evil Sonic was introduced prior to Penders joining the team. However, since he was massively influenced by Penders, they're avoiding him despite having the rights.

from what i read it's more out of spite.

No. It wouldn't be out of spite. That would be unprofessional

Triforce is right in this case

A lot of the old characters who aren't created by Penders are being avoid in case there is a repetition from other writers.  That's why all the non Tv/game character prior to Flynn arriving are gone, not just Penders.

And evil Sonic is kinda messy in originals and character, so it's not surprising Scourge is being left behind.

No. It wouldn't be out of spite. That would be unprofessional

Triforce is right in this case

good point. sigh let's face it guys like the judge said, this really is one big mess, and it still is just thinking about it.