Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blue Comet

What I would change about the sonic series

4 posts in this topic

Every since sonic was release in 1991 for the Sega mega drive/genesis sonic was love by all and I been a part of this ever growing fanbase with my first game being sonic adventure dx for the GameCube but I do think the series as cool as it made be has some flaw that sega other don`t care about or waited to long to acknowledge them so I want to hear what you want to change about the series.

1. Give all the main characters some backstory besides tails, knuckles, and shadow no one in the sonic series have any backstory we don`t know why sonic is fast or why Amy have feeling for sonic in the first place I think sonic was lacking in that backstory department Archie and mostly of the sonic cartoon like Aosth and SatAM explains it.

2. Make the characters have family members some of my favorite characters have family members that brings more depth to the character Sega for one reason don`t like happy family because none of the characters except for cream, knuckles, shadow, and dr.eggman have any family members and it get really weird when somebody ask who their parents some made think they appear out of then air.

3. Give sonic has own world I like the 90`s cartoon because they gave sonic has own world instead of using earth I find it hard to believe we exist in the same timeline with mutant animals and a fat guy who turn animal into robots I`m just not buying it.

4. Were`s the romantic at Sega I`m saying this because one of Sega Archie mandate said he`s not allow to have a girlfriend that`s bad in my opinion because some of the best characters have boyfriends or girlfriends or someone they really care about because sonic got too many friends like sincerely who have that many friends and no girlfriend SatAM and Archie knew this was a problem so they gave sonic sally who is in my opinion the best choice for sonic besides blaze but that for another topic.

5. Stop recycling the same stages in every Sega crossover game I can`t tell you how many time Sega use green hill zone from sonic 1 or seaside hill from sonic heroes in every game I think sonic generations really drive that recycling stages home.

6. Stop making all this characters that your just not going to use every again there are too many sonic characters who are still lock in a closet somewhere never to be uses again.

7. What year it I would do like zelda who have an official timeline but sega wants to crack all the events in one year there must be a hundred months in a year for all these games I would at least put a year on so of the title.

Well those are the things I can improve the sonic series a little but these are my personal opinion.

Edited by Blue Comet

I think you mean the games world right? because we Sonic's timeline in the comics is about 1000 years after our time... so we don't exist on the same timeline with them... not sure how it was in the original or nowadays games though..

I`m talking about the game world because that the one with all the major flaws in the series.

yep ok. that's what I was thinking... though I'm not sure... I think it's the same timeline as in the comics...?