Tesseract

Sonic X - parody?

9 posts in this topic

Hi there again, community! :)

Many of you might have seen videos like

on YouTube.

The idea is simple - take a video with a foreign language and put subtitles on it.

Matching them with the voice and actions of the character, but assigning a totally different meaning can lead to some hilarious results!

What I'd like to do is to do a similar thing with episodes of Sonic X, maybe writing a script with some jokes in it. Would you like to give me a hand with this?

Edited by Tesseract

Hmm... Sounds interesting. There's one thing that comes to mind though

There's already something out there where people have taken Sonic X and changed the script making it really funny, but used actual voice actors for it instead of subtitles. It's called Sonic F

Now this probably isn't a problem as the jokes can be different. You could maybe get some ideas from there. But I just thought I should share that

And on a different note I LOVE how your trying to add more onto this site. I think it's a great idea. And while I may not be able to help with this one right now (been given a lot to do) I hope to be able to help out more in the future ;)

1 person likes this

1 of my best friend mentioned about Sonic F, and that's was exactly the first time I heard of Sonic F. Oh, and there is a new anime called Sonic Boom, which is coming soon this fall.

Yeah but...

1: Sonic Boom is a cartoon. Not an anime

2: This is not about Sonic Boom

3: I'm giving a suggestion to check out Sonic F to help him. Let's not change the topic of the thread to different shows. Keep on topic please

(Sorry if I seem rude but talking about Sonic Boom here is off topic. Talking about Sonic F is kind of off topic too unless it relates to the thread

Man this is coming out all wrong. Sorry. But please let's keep on topic. Thanks ;))

If your willing to help him, that would be great

Edit: Yeah... I handled this badly. It's midnight and I have a headache. Sorry for my bad handling and starting this up on a topic

Thanks, Dylan! I didn't understand what does Sonic Boom have to do with this topic either, but anyway.. thanks Gabe! :)

I've seen Sonic F on YouTube. It's quite funny, but it's not a parody for me.. it's just a compilation of jokes with videos put in right order to match them.

What I wanted to do is to make a parody out of a whole episode, not a part of it. And one of the reasons I wanted to do this with subtitles is because our site has two sides - russian and english one. If we'll record voices for one side, it would feel.. awkward?.. to leave the other side behind. Plus that, I'm not even sure if we'll be able to find a decent way and people to record it properly.

However, if we make subtitles (even for one side), there will be no problem in translating them and therefore, posting them in equal way to both sides. Besides, it seems there's already one person interested in this idea on the R-side. ;)

If there are any more of you who would like to take part in this, post here below. We wait for you! :D

Edited by Tesseract

I would love to help out on this project. Unfortunately, well, I just can't do comedy and jokes, and would probibly mess up a parody even more. Sorry. I really hope you manage to find a team to help you though.

What do you mean by "can't do"? :)

You're free to try writing them if you've never done it before, you're free to improve if you think you're not good enough for it, and you're free to throw away all your fears if you're afraid of being judged by the others. ;)

You will always have time to give up on something, but before you do, try to do it. :P

Ah, but I have tried it before. And the results were.... disappointing. I can kinda do sarcasm and snark, but even that's pushing it. And it's not other's judgements I fear! It's my own! ;)

Just don't think about the results. Put down whatever comes to your mind and send me. We'll choose what to put in the final version later ;)