Skye Prower

Request for a little help, and Art Requests for Skye

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

So I'm getting close to my one year anniversary as a member on the site (Yay!) and thought I'd draw a little bit of (indulgent) artwork to celebrate. Basically, my recurring RP character's as Mobian's (much to their chagrin I'd guess.)

However, I could do with a little bit of guidance here, so I have a few questions (but you don't need to be an artist to answer them).

1) Does anyone know of a male cat character I could use a a visual cue, preferably from the Yardley drawn issues, even if just a background character. And before anyone points out the Felidae, I'm looking for something in the more standard Sonic style, while the Felidae are more animalistic. There is Lightning Lynx as well, but I'd prefer a cat-cat, as opposed to a Lynx. ;)

Please don't go hunting for one, as I do plan on hunting for references myself. It would just be really handy if someone knew off the top of their head "Yes, there is one in Issue X".

2) Has there been any wolf character's appearing post-reboot? I'm guessing they'd have a more stylized look, and would prefer to copy that than the previous look. If not, I'm thinking of maybe using Antoine as a base, but if anyone one has a better idea...

3) This one might seem odd, but what Mobian races do people think would translate best for Elves and Dwarves? I'm thinking an Armadillo might be a good Dwarf equivalent, but no idea for elves.

Thanks everyone.

And now for the second part of the topic title. Yep, if anyone want me to do a drawing for them, even though my artwork is frankly terrible, I'm willing to give it a go. Especially if you have a member milestone also coming up, I'll try and have it ready for then (though with my work scheduled I can't really promise anything).

However, as I'm still getting used to drawing I can't really do anything outside my... I'd hesitate to call it 'style' because it's not good enough for that, but it sums up what I mean. I'm saying this because I have noticed a lot of requests ask for chibii drawings, and that's frankly beyond me! Oh yeah, and I can't do colour too! :P

And I'd rather not do anything that, well, would require a 15/18 age rating.

Aside from that, I'm willing to give anything a try, so please just ask.

Hmm, maybe I should consider getting a deviantArt account.... and that's something I never thought would ever cross my mind!

In regards to question 1. Let me introduce you to a character belonging to a friend of mine, and commonly nowadays used by me. Aqua the Cat... (Blaze's brother in any Sonic RP for the record, and not the same Aqua from CF.)

ID_RQ__Aqua_the_Cat_by_Toughset.jpg

Is that good enough as a visual cue?

2. ...Well, there's always the Pack, those wolves led by Lupe.

3. ...I always thought Cats would be good elves to be honest. What with their pointed ears and tall slim bodies.

----------------

Also, I do have a request. If it's at all possible I'd like you to make an image for Lord Metallix of my newest work of Fiction. There's not much to his design, it's basically Metal Sonic in a black hood and cape.

1. It's a good starting point Jest, but alas with part of the face being covered it's not a full win!

2. Have they shown up post reboot?

3. Yeah, that's probably right. Hmm, as Lynx's have bigger ears would they fit more?

And sure thing, I'll try and fulfill your request.

To answer your question skye :

Blaze the cat .

Lupe is still present .

3 ) Lynxes. They are the perfect dwarves.

I'm pretty sure he asked for a male cat character Locke. Big and Cat (from SATam) are the only male cat characters I can think of. Not really what your looking for though I guess

Yes, Lupe should still be present. She is a SATam character as are certain members of her pack. Lyco and Leeta do not fall into that category though

Hmm... Elves and dwarves? For elves I'm trying to think who uses bows and arrows besides Rob O' Hedge's group. Failing that the Felidae do seem the most suitable I guess. And the dwarves... while I don't really see lynxes as being dwarves the only creatures who I can think of who are remotely similar to dwarves are the Nerbs (cause they live underground, yeah not much to go by) who I personally didn't like so I'll just go by what Locke suggested

By the way, the picture you drew as requested by Jest was really good ;)

Okay.

1) Yep, I'm looking for male cats. Even if they just showed up in the background rather than being an actual character, just as a starting point.

2) I know Lupe should still be around, but we haven't SEEN her yet (I think) and there is a good chance she's been redesigned to fit the new world. I'd like to see what the redesigned wolves look like.

3) I don't need cultures that are close to elves and draws, more Mobians who have a close physical structure. Yes, most Lynx's are short, but they are also nimble, lithe, agile etc, which don't apply to dwarves as a rule! ;) Hence my idea of using Armadillos for dwarves.

And thank you very much Dylan.

-----------

And in other news, I've set up a deviantArt profile. Haven't put my pictures on it yet (still figuring out how the whole thing works!) but will do so this evening. My DA name is Calvin-Skye

1) Yeah, then Big and Cat are the only ones I have seen. Though, there might be some in the crowd for one of the X years later stories though

Edit: Okay, checked. Can't see a clear one anywhere, so forget that. I'll keep looking

2) Fair enough

3) So short fat Mobians. Hmm... now I'm think walruses but they aren't short and they aren't hairy either. Armadillos are possible. I'll give it some thought

And don't thank me. It's true

-------

When I find your profile I'll try to help a bit ;)

Sorry if this post is closed, but I was curious about the wolf pack since I saw something in the wiki regarding them (also i apologize if this is a little off topic). With Leeta and Lyco, is there a chance that they may still come back? The wiki said they disappeared but wasn't sure if it was true since I couldn't find anything that hinted towards this. I was wondering since they were favorite characters that I connect to (I'm also a twin lol). I hope they come back. I feel as though there aren't that many wolves in the series (from what I remember). Thank you and again sorry if this is closed and if it's a little off topic.

While this is off topic, I will answer the question.

Odd are they will not be coming back, and were lost in the G-wave universe reset also with so many others. The new universe seems to be game characters, main cast from SatAM, and new characters only.