Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LienDa1

Sally disapointment with the world redo

17 posts in this topic

Anyone else a bit sad that Sally is no longer roboticized? When the story turned that way I had a strong pain at the Sonic team losing their leader and princess. However with her back to normal and just doing secret spy stuff I felt like a golden opertunity was washed away never to be touched upon. If she is changed again it will just be a been there done that vibe now.

Anyone else disapointed they didnt do more with her as a mechanized villian?

I feel it was a bit anti climatic. When I read issue 247 and saw how easily she was deactivated, I felt it to be an ending that had-if any- little punch. Issue 252 just solidified this anti climax. It would have been better to have more suspense and action then how it was actually done.

But what about Antoine in a coma? What about Bunnie being gone? What about Sally becoming the enemy?

This new world is probably to stay, folks. The team couldn't play it safe this time around, otherwise it would seem like Worlds Collide never existed. Penders case or not, this was bound to happen either way.

Something would had happen indeed , but i don't think it would have been that violent .

Well, the echidnas might still exist in this world. Who knows?

Come to think of it, it does seem redundant to go back to the old timeline after another special as big as "Genesis". I mean, I don't think they could play it safe twice in a row without feeling stupid. But look on the bright side, Eggman never conquered Mobotropolis, King Acorn never lost his kind personality due to his old ally's schemes, the Eggman Empire is on thinner ice than before, , and the FF's are back, baby! Also, doesn't it seem lazy to just go back to the old timeline?

Reminder: The difference between the pre-247 and post-252 timelines is more like a paradox than a Genesis Wave. According to Ian Flynn and Aleah Baker, even though reality was altered heavily, this is the same planet that existed prior to Worlds Collide. Besides, Sonic's starting to like the change, can't you at least try and learn from him?

I'm not saying anything against this timeline .

Actually , if anything , It has the potential to be more Light hearted. And that's a good thing in my opinion . The only sour taste in my sweet ? the echidna . But I think I might have foud my remedy : letting them go, and tryig to like more other characters .

After all ,mighty's sister looks adorable . Maybe they'll use her more .

Personally, I don't want it to be too light hearted. Too much light heartedness can make it boring

As for Sally, which is what the topics about, perhaps a little extension wouldve been better but it seems fine without it so far. I'll probably have a better idea on the matter when she appears again

Sally's gloves have a secret weapon!

Do you want answers? Here!

2012 did not go as planned. The entire "Traitor" subplot, deconstruction of the Freedom Fighters, and eventual reconstruction did not go as planned. Everything I was building towards for #250 fell apart as characters, situations and scheduling were taken from me piece by piece. My road map to STH#300 has been thrown out the window entirely.

I can understand the dissatisfaction for some folks, and for my part, I apologize. Things are very much beyond my control.

I will strive, as always, to bring you the best Sonic stories I can. I've got a fantastic art team backing me up. I'm looking forward to 2014, and plan to approach it differently than I have stories in the past.

Are you happy now?

Do you want answers? Here!

Are you happy now?

I have to feel sorry for Ian. He had all those plans for issue 300 and now they've gone kaput. It's not the comic's ruining, but this certainly leaves a bit of a dent.

To be fair with you, It must have been one hell of a kick for flynn and his crew. But just between, he sngle handlely got the comic out of his dark age and "Highschool" plot. He will prevail in the end.

ps: Penders, Your book better be good, or I'll be disappointed. Duke nuke forever disappointed.

I have to admit one thing bugs... Have anyone seen any comics-eclusive characters that werent made by Flynn? No one even mentioned them, I'm starting to think that Archie decided to be better safe that sorry...

I have to admit one thing bugs... Have anyone seen any comics-eclusive characters that werent made by Flynn? No one even mentioned them, I'm starting to think that Archie decided to be better safe that sorry...

I don't think so. I'm hoping any comic exclusive characters that weren't made by Penders will return a little later, you know when all the heat from the lawsuit cools off.

Not everyone acted like Penders. But for now, The subject is way too hot to be handled like that. I propose that we wait until the lawsuit is fully done, and that penders Publish his.. how does he call that ? Ah yes, "graphic novel" .... really penders ? Fine, if you want.

About the Characters created by Flynn, well.... Just wait. He said That he was eagerly waiting for the next year to show how much the comic will change.

Y'know, it's funny. The only changes after the crossover for Mega Man are being Wily has a different story during #23 and, like everyone else, no recollection of the events during the Genesis Wave, and the third alteration is that the damage Break Man caused was undone.

For Sonic, however, it's a different story. Here's a timeline I made:

-The Great War presumably never happened, but Eggman joins King Acorn's side.

-Eggman presumably invents or copies the roboticizer to his needs.

-King Acorn never gets thrown into the Special Zone, meaning he never lost his jovial demeanor.

-The coup d'état Eggman attempted presumably failed, leading to Mobotropolis never being taken over or destroyed.

-Eggman, irritated by his failure at the hands of the Kingdom of Acorn, attempts to spread his tyranny across the world.

-Sonic 1 and 2 possibly take place.

-The Freedom Fighters are formed in order to stop Eggman's tyranny. (Maybe this takes place during Eggman's coup, as it is possible that the takeover could take place at a later date.)

-Bunnie receives the same treatment as the old world.

-Sonic 3 & Knuckles possibly takes place. Knuckles forms the Chaotix.

-NICOLE appears.

-Sonic CD probably takes place, as well as Sonic 4.

-Other teams of Freedom Fighters are formed across the world.

-The Sonic Adventure series takes place.

-It is possible that Sonic Heroes takes place.

-Shadow the Hedgehog takes place.

-Possible adaptions of Sonic '06 and the Storybook series take place. We don't know about Unleashed because there are rumors of an adaption following "Countdown to Chaos".

-Sonic Colors takes place, with Silver the Hedgehog being said involved.

-It is possible that Sonic Generations takes place, but Silver would be absent from this incident.

-Sky Patrol begins construction.

-Naugus loses his wizard powers and holds the king hostage.

-The Freedom Fighters are separated for some reason.

-Sonic and Tails fight the Tails Doll, and rescue the king.

-The Freedom Fighters are reunited just as the world begins to break apart.

And this is what the BumbleKing member "Penguin God" said:

"Sorry Sonic, but 'the rest of Chuck's family' was Naugus'd."

"Sorry Sonic, but Silver's team was time warped."

"Sorry Sonic, but half the Grandmasters blew up for reasons."

"Sorry Sonic, but the Council was booted to go back to the monarchy."

"Sorry Sonic, but those feline ambiguous things and half the Wolf Pack wiped each other out."

"Sorry Sonic, but Charmy's better half decided to be a stay-at-home mother."

"Sorry Sonic, your doctor transferred to another hospital."

Just proves my point that playing it safe would be lazy.

Edited by BlueBlur62391