Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WatseOfSpace64

I have a question

3 posts in this topic

So I've been reading the Archie Sonic comics lately (currently finished issue 76), and to be honest, they just don't really interest me. I understand that it's basically a comic book version of Sonic SatAM with it's darker tone and drama, but I just can't really get into it (not saying it should be super wacky and filled with cringe-worthy puns like back when the comic first started, but still). 

However, I've seen bits and pieces from some of the newer comics (specifically the ones that take place after the reboot), and they seem more up my ally from what I've seen so far. They seem to be a perfect blend of comedy and action, and I appreciate the little references to the SEGA games.

I'm intrigued to quit reading the older comics and begin reading the new ones, but at the same time I wanna see how things unfold in the Sonic-verse. So I don't know, should I keep reading, or no?

Personally, I'd suggest continuing to read them, but if you've gotten to #76 and aren't interested... yeeeah, I don't think Penders or Bollers are up your alley. I have two suggestions:

1) Jump into Sonic #160. That's the first issue Flynn begins writing, and he's what started the more lighthearted, colorful tone while still keeping a serious edge to the comics. The only downside for that one is that you'll have to do some reading to catch up on the lost continuity.

2) Go for either Sonic #252 or, I would suggest higher, Sonic #257. Post-reboot so you don't have to worry about continuity and it has Flynn's style that it seems you'd be more drawn to.

100% Agree with tiny260 here.  Those would be the two best options.

I would say go with option 2 first, and if you want more, go back to 160.  If you're not going to read them all the starting from 160 is a little redundant given the whole universe reboot, but if you want more issues it can scratch the itch.