Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kamicciolo

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

2 posts in this topic

So last year, Sega made a somewhat unexpected move in the franchise by trying to return the gameplay of the much beloved games of ye olde time~ (much like Nintendo and Capcom had done previously with New Super Mario Bros. and Mega Man 9, to great commercial and critical success). Thus began Project Needlemouse, as it was known in the beginning, which promised to return to the roots of the series as had been established back in the 90's games, meaning back to the simple plots with Eggman as the main and sole villain, the 2D gameplay without any of the cluttering game styles that plagued the 3D games, the colourful environments that had been associated with the series, and a focus on Sonic as the only playable character, dropping the riff-raff characters such as Shadow, Big etc.

It should also be interesting thing to note about Sonic the Hedgehog 4 is that it is also the first game in the series to be released entirely in digital form instead of in retail, and is also the first time that Sega have ever made an episodic Sonic the Hedgehog game, meaning that the game is still an ongoing project with only the first episode having seen release so far (with a currently unspecified number of episodes to follow). This means there is potential in the future for both the gameplay and the story to go in different directions...

And with that, I ask people to share their opinions on Sonic 4 Episode 1 in it's current state, and perhaps share any hopes or expectations for the coming episodes.

I had both episode 1 and 2 unto my mom deleted them but I will get them for Xbox. :angry: .