Rainbow the Wolf

Under the Mistletoe (Sonic Xmas Special)

3 posts in this topic

This is my first fanfiction story, so please don't flame me if it's terrible. However I would like some thoughts and advice for my future stories. This story is mainly based on my OC Rainbow the Wolf. You can find her description in this link: http://forums.sega.com/showthread.ph...acters/page588
This story I made while ago for Christmas, but it came in late obvious, so again please give me advice for my writing skills.

PART ONE
White, small, flecks, of cold ice flakes fell from the navy blue sky, in such a graceful manner. Like tiny ballerinas dancing to the ground. A mahogany colored wolf watched as her fur was collecting the fallen snowflakes.
“ah...I just love winter. That nice cold feeling inside your cheeks. It feels so nice…”

The wolf’s name was Rainbow was walking to her dear friend, Sonic the hedgehog, at his house to attend a special party just for the season. Carrying a huge bag on her back, Rainbow was just enjoying herself to being outside and taking in the breath-taking, calm,weather. Ever since she was a cub, the weather still amazed her. 
Within a few minutes, Rainbow arrived at the house or, you might as well call it a mansion. The mansion was fairly large enough to hold the many friends Sonic has met and encounter with on his many adventures. Rainbow had brought extra gifts just in case there were more people invited; and was pretty sure she brought everyone something special….hopefully. 
The mansion itself was blue, like the cobalt hedgie hero himself. Outlined with pearly white and baby blue and the the cobalt roof was piled with snow. The grass was also covered in snow, and appeared some people had trudged in it. 
Maybe because Sonic yet have to shovel out the snow to reveal the freakin’ sidewalk. Rainbow thought.
Rainbow then trudged through the snow, trying her best to make sure she didn’t sink into it. Although she failed miserably and was stuck in the snow. The coldness was melting into her jeans and coat.
“...geez Louise….n-never again...am I...going to a-another party in t-the winter…..like t-this….e-e-ever again.” she chattered. She struggled to get out the chilled substance. After a few struggles, Rainbow had gotten out of that situation and headed towards the blue blur’s door. There was some of kind of music blasting out of the house.
Geez, sounds like a madhouse
Rainbow then knocked on the door and waited for a response. After a few moments, a green hedgehog with spiky green hair, wearing a thick, orange sweater, bordered with green stripes, with a couple of earrings pierced in his right ear open the door. His face brighten when he saw Rainbow.
“Sup’ Rainbow, glad you could make it! Are you enjoying the cold weather?” he said.
“ Hey Manic, and if you call being stuck in the snow for a few minutes enjoyment, then yes I enjoyed it.” replied Rainbow, obvious sarcasm dripping from her words.
“ Okay, okay. Come on, I know something that will put a smile across your face.” Then he moved out of the door frame for Rainbow to get through.
“Well...okay then, as long as it’s not something cold.” she replied as she got inside the house. 
Inside the house, a whole load of mobians were everywhere. Even some of the anti-heroes, mobians ranging from Sally Acorn to Tiara Bobowski. Like I’ve said before, Sonic made a lot of friends, too many friends actually. But who said you can’t have too many friends. Manic went off to the kitchen and brought back two mugs of hot cocoa and a blue, warm blanket. He gave one mug and the blanket to Rainbow. Then lead her to the living room to sit on the couch by the warm fire.
“Thank you. The cocoa so creamy and rich.” she said as she took a sip. Then wrapped the blanket over herself. Then motioned some blanket to Manic to see if he wants it too. Manic shook his head, saying that he’s fine.
“Yep, made it myself.”
“Oh yeah? It’s really good. What’s the secret ingredient?”
“ Thanks, and I’m not going to tell you, it’s for me to know and you to find out” as he took a long sip out of his mug.
“Okay, but I’ll figure it out sooner or later.”
“Yep sure, take all the time you want. I’ll be here waiting”. Manic had gained a little chocolate mustache on his face. Rainbow giggled at the sight of it. Then silence taken over. And it was getting awkward.
“You know what, Manic?” asked Rainbow, trying to start off a conversation.
“What?”
“Isn’t it weird that I love being in the snow and hate being in the cold at the same time?”
“Well... yeah...well dang. I don’t think anyone I know that doesn’t like snow. It’s at least better than warm, yellow snow that has that special flavori-”
“Eww, stop it!” she replied as she playfully hit Manic.
“Just tellin’ it like it is, Bowie ” he smiled.
Rainbow giggled at the little nickname that was given to her. “Alright, Mr. Grinch.”
“What?”
“What? It sounds totally rad!!” she said in a goofy voice.
“Stop, seriously stop, you’re scaring me” he said playfully.
“Sorry…didn’t mean to offend you.”
“ There’s no need to apologize, I was only joking”
“ Okay, thanks…”
“No problem.” Then there walked by a orange and brown badger, wearing a green dress with a white tuff around the neck collar (thanks to Amy Rose) and black and brown combat boots to top it off with. She seems to be looking for something. Or just being her paranoid self again.
“I’m going to check on Sticks. See ya then, Manic! ”
“K...bye Bowie.” Rainbow then gave the blanket back to Manic, drank the rest of her cocoa and carried it off to the sink in the kitchen. Rainbow then walked out of the kitchen and then remembered that she need to put her big bag somewhere, maybe next to the tree.
Rainbow went to another living room (yep, Sonic had two living rooms, I don’t know why) and saw the most beautiful tree she had ever seen. The tree was wide at the bottom and narrowed down as it got to the top.The tree was decorated with ornaments that were pictures of everyone that Sonic had met. Including some some imitated chaos emeralds and a rainbow, giant star was placed on the top of the tree. It was just beautiful. Rainbow carefully placed her bag next to the tree. Carefully trying not to knock the tree over, and check it to make sure. Then Rainbow went around to go ahead and greet Sticks. For she was looking paranoid as usually, so she went to check on her. She was talking to Sticks the Badger about how amazing December was to calm her down. Then a pink hedgie came around them and spotted them. She had a mischievous smile curled on her face as she hid behind Rainbow. Then she glomped her.
“AHHH!!!” Rainbow screamed as she fell on on her face.
“RAINBOW!!! You finally here!!” she said, as she was hugging her back, basically crushing her with her incredible strength.
“Yeah….okay...Amy could….you...please...let...go...can’t breathe…”.
Amy immediately got off of Rainbow. “Oh gosh, I’m so sorry! Are you okay” she asked as she helped Rainbow up to her feet.
“Yeah, It’s so good to see you again.” as she gave Amy a hug this time.
“I’m glad too” she hugged back. “ Just everyone is here, it’s so amazing. Amy said as she looked around the room. Just like Amy said, everyone was there. It was like every citizen of Mobius was here. “And there’s Sonic! My Sonikku is so cute!” Amy then ran off and glomped on Sonic. Sonic was wearing a green Christmas sweater that looks really uncomfortable and itchy. It had a Christmas tree in the middle with ornaments and decorations
“AMYYY!!!” yelled Sonic.
“SONIKKU!!! LET’S GO UNDER THE MISTLETOE!!!” Everyone turned around to look at the scene.
Rainbow’s P.O.V.
I sighed, there goes Amy again, dragging Sonic down the hallway. Honestly they looked very sweet and cute together. Yeah, yeah Sonic seems to run away from Amy all the time. But honestly, I think he’s just teasing. And Amy has the guts to admit her love to Sonic. I wish I can too. 

I looked around the room to search for my crush. Then I spotted him, over in the right corner of the house by himself He was leaning on the wall, watching everyone else. Near the kitchen that is. A purple-pinkish chameleon, with jet black spikes along his back. A yellow horn placed on his nose just so perfectly. And his golden eyes, there so mesmerizing. I sighed again. He was so perfect, so serious, so smart, and so handsome. I’m surprised that no one seemed to notice his beauty. Or maybe I’m too blind to notice. But look at me, I’m so clumsy, so shy. I’m no extrovert or even pretty. Just thinking of this flaws of mine makes me think that why the heck am I here for. I’m not noticeable. I hold my head down. A tear rolled down my cheeks. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked up to see who it is. It was my sister Snowflake, my oldest sibling. She had a worried look planted on her face and I looked into her brown chocolate eyes. 
“Hey Snowflake, what’s up?” I tried to tone down my voice so that she doesn’t know that I was crying.
“Hey Rainbow, are you alright? Why are you crying?”
“It’s just...erm...uh...my..eyes were burning so…” I trailed off….boy I’m busted. I smiled nervously.
“It’s okay Rainbow...I know why.”
How did she know? Was I that obvious? Then again, my sister knows me well.
“It’s you, isn’t it? You shouldn’t say things like that about yourself.”
We had a conversation like this before. I couldn’t help it that I felt this way ever since I was a young child. I was too gullible to notice that the friends I had in my childhood were fake and just wanted to abuse me. Because I was naive. Those ‘friends’ never stood up for me, I was the butt of every joke they produced. I even had a crush on one of them long ago. Even though they had multiple girlfriends, I was too blind to even realize the fact that they had a cold heart. Yet even all the pain I felt then, I’d still stick around when they needed help, even if they didn’t return it .I don’t why I didn’t realize any sooner before my heart broke to find my ‘friends’ had forgotten about me in high school. I was backstabbed in the back for so many years. Yet they still don’t know how much I cared for them. But I lived...however it still hurts. I can’t seem to let go of the past. People keep telling me to, but easier said than done. Or maybe the fact that I’m emo. Yep...I admit it. I’m emotional. Don’t judge please.
“Yeah...but you know why I think that anyhow….”
“Well..stop it. It’s not helping you none...Why don’t you go talk to Espio? He seems lonely.”
I made a look at my snowflake colored sister.
“Are you serious?!” I asked. Shocked. She knows good and well that I can’t talk right when I’m nervous. Especially with Espio. Embarrassing myself in front of my crush! Heck no. 
Yeah, ever since I met Sonic the Hedgehog, my life changed. And when I met his friends, they had welcome me (and my siblings) in like we were family. Well before a short misunderstanding that Nightmare was one of Eggman’s minions when he had a chaos emerald. Over time, I met the Chaotix when I was captured by Eggman. They had rescued me. I wanted to repay them but I didn’t have any money. They then suggested that I could babysit Charmy and Ray when the rest of the Chaotix had missions that was too dangerous for Charmy and Ray, or if they wanted them out of their skin. I eventually kept the job. I honestly really enjoyed Charmy and Ray’s company; and Vector thought that he had a huge debt with me taking care of Charmy and Ray all this time. Of course I didn’t want to be paid because like I just said, I naturally enjoyed the company with them. He may be too noisy, but he reminded me of myself when I was younger. Back then, I wasn’t shy as I am now. Playing with Charmy and Ray just took me back to the childhood that I could’ve had. And I loved it. `Ray the timid flying squirrel also reminded me of myself, like now We would share our thoughts and feelings together, like we were actually related. Like if I had a son, he would be like Ray here. I treat Ray as well as Charmy as my own children. After that, the Chaotix wanted me to spend time with them and even go on some missions too. I really liked Team Chaotix, they were also like family. Vector, the green crocodile that has amazing taste in music is my homie. Vector and I would rock out, singing songs when no one was around. Mighty who was the gentle and kind one, just love adventuring like I do. We would go on hikes on the weekends (or when there was no work), and just chill. However, Espio was different with me. He treated me like brother (from the rest of the Chaotix, they had treated me like I was their best friend. And I understand that truly). Espio was always watching over me. He found me relatable to him. I had admired that from him. It was a good feeling to realize someone actually cared for you. I also admire his personality. The quiet, even-tempered, serious guy of the group. I even calculated that his zodiac sign is Capricorn. It matches perfectly. Yeah, yeah I’m interested in the stuff because it seemed so accurate to people’s personalities. I am a Cancerian, that’s probably why I’m so emotional. Anyways, I started to grow some affection towards Espio, which eventually turned into a crush. If I said anything about this to Espio, that would probably put my friendship with Espio in jeopardy. There’s no way I want to ruin this, what I have now.

Snowflake gave me the ‘you better or I will ruin your life’ face. I sighed. I hate my sister. But I love her at the same time.
I slowly walked to Espio’s direction. When I got closer, I noticed that he did seem a little lonely.
“Hey t-there Espio. How are you?” I asked nervously. I mentally smacked myself for my nervousness. Can’t help it.
The fuchsia chameleon looks up at me, with a little shock showing in his face. He then instantly sits up straight.
“I’m good in you?”
“Good, you’re enjoying the party?”
“.....Yeah…..thank you for your concern…”
“No problem, just checking on you”
There was an awkward silence. See this is why I don’t talk to people, especially for no reason unless there’s something I need to talk about. In my opinion anyways. Maybe I should be going. Dang it Snowflake, why, why, why?!
“Um...you want to get some cocoa?” I asked. Just to break the awkwardness. Yeah yeah, I know I already had some cocoa but dang that was sweet! I needed another cup!
“ Hmm…..sure. I go get it for us.” He then walked away into the kitchen.
I didn’t know if he was being a gentleman, or just ditching me. I waited for a few more minutes, then I sighed. I walked into the living room again and sat on the couch, next to Omega and watched as he was talking to Chaos(zero level). What’s wrong with this feelings of mine? I’m forever cursed.

Espio’s P.O.V.
“Hmm…..sure. I’ll go get it for us.” I replied. 
Rainbow seemed so nervous. I wonder why? Was she uncomfortable with me? No, I don’t think so. We spend a lot of time together. Recently, she’s been a little….. distant. Did I do anything to make her seem so nervous around me? I hope that’s not the case. She’s such a nice, caring, modest, and polite girl. And she is just so adorable when she is clumsy and shy. The way she stutters make my heart flutter. I wish there was more people like her.

I went into the kitchen to get some hot cocoa for Rainbow. I grabbed two red mugs and filled it with cocoa. I also added a pinch of cinnamon and some whip cream. I knew that Rainbow really liked whip cream. Sometimes...a little too much. I chuckled a little and grabbed the two mugs and started to head out. Until suddenly, I felt something grabbed my shoulders and pulled on me. Causing the cups to spill all over me. And it burned. I turned around to face the attacker. I couldn’t recognize him or her. They were wearing a long jet black cloak, topped with a purple aura. Doesn’t Sonic ever get good security around here.
“Who are you and what is your business?” I asked, clearly irritated that I am now covered with boiling hot cocoa!
The mysterious person just grinned, a menacing one to be exact. I immediately pulled out a kunai and threw it at the person. The kunai then stopped in mid-air and purple aura surrounded my kunai. The stranger was using telekinesis I believe, to commit such an act. I held my mouth wide open in shock. The stranger turned the kunai in my direction and shot it at me. I dodged it. That was a close shave.
The stranger then started laughing. I was obviously confused at this person’s manner. ‘Maybe he’s just insane’, I thought.
“You should’ve seen your face!!! Look at yourself, you’re a mess!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!” exclaimed the stranger.
I was in no mood for games. Now Rainbow is probably thinking that I went off to ditch her with all the time that I had taken up!
“ Look! Who are you and what do you want?!!” I said calmly so that I wasn’t causing any commotion.
“ Dude...calm down. It was just a prank. I was planning it for Rainbow until you showed up instead. So I just prank yo-”
I kicked him in the stomach. I had enough of this foolishness.
“Look. I’m sorry okay?!! Esp it’s alright!! I’m not going to hurt you!” the stranger replied
“How did you know my name?!”
“Do you know who I am?”
“No obviously, I wouldn’t have to ask you if I did know your name!”
“Guys, what’s going on here…?”
We turned around to face Rainbow in the doorframe with a confused face.
“Rainbow?” I questioned.
“Espio? Nightmare?!” Nightmare?! I should have know. She looked at me than at Nightmare and back at me again. She then looked me up and down. “What happened to you Espio?!”
“Hey, Rainbow!!! ‘Sup! Do you mind telling me what the heck is triceratops doing here?” Nightmare had asked.
I gave a death glare to Nightmare.
Rainbow sighed, “Nightmare, Espio is here for the Christmas party obviously, and he’s a chameleon. Yeah...anyways what happened?” asked Rainbow again.
I then explained to her what had happened. She seemed to be upset which I feel guilty for. She sighed
“I’m sorry Espio. As you’ve just experienced, my brother likes to prank people. In this case is you, although he meant it at me.” She turned to Nightmare. “ And you, you apologize to Espio now.” Nightmare made a weird noise with his mouth then sighed. “Fine, sorry triceratops.” Rainbow glared daggers at him. “Again sorry, Esp.” The idiot, who does he think he is?! 
“Alright guys, now that’s over, let’s get some cocoa.” 
Nightmare and I both hesitated in an answer, not wanting to have to do with anything with each other. Then we both knew that Rainbow was going to lecture on how it’s good to respect each other and being nice. Then we both nodded our heads as an answer for the cafe colored wolf. We got out three new mugs and filled it to the brimmed with the chocolate, and white fluffy cocoa.We headed back outside and sat on the couch and started talking. Well at least Nightmare is anyways. He doesn’t know when to shut up really.

PART TWO
Unknown’s P.O.V.
A blue hedgie was hiding in the dark closet near the basement door, staying ever so still, afraid that he might give away his position to a pink maniac that we all know and hate. Apparently, Sonic had ran like heck before when Amy had brought him so close to the mistletoe. And he dared not to look behind, for all hell was running loose all because of a swinging and flaming piko mallet. While everyone else was enjoying the good show. Hey, you’d laugh and play along too if you see the ‘hero of mobius’ squealing like a pig getting ready to be butchered! Ha! It’s just delicious to see the suffering of others! …...hmm? What do you mean I’m not alright? Well...I can honestly agree with you. My mind is not in its right state at the moment. I’ve been avoiding my pills recently…. I don’t need them anyways, I’m just fine. Don’t you worry about me. I’m fine. Wait….. you don’t know who I am, don’t you? Ha ha ha ha, I’m surprised at you. You should know better than to talk to strangers, kid. Hmm, you still want to know although clearly you’re not afraid. Hmm...you’re full of crap huh? Well then you’ll have to figure me out yourself. Anyways, back to the blue furball. Like I said, he sat quivering in his closet, hiding away from the pink monster. The pink maniac was running all around the house, yelling out her lover’s name, “SONIC!! COME OUT HERE!! I DIDN’T GET MY KISS YET!!!” AHHHHH!!! Ringing was flooding through my ears. Dang it! That pink idiot blew my eardrums out!! Ah…..ahhh…..no matter….I’ll just use chaos energy to regenerate my hearing. I raised my hand close to both of my ears as a green aura surrounded them. I can feel the chaos energy touching my dreadlocks. It fills me with pleasure. Ah...ah….ah...that’s better….Now where was I? Oh yes, watching Sonic suffer heh heh. The idiots don't even notice me looking through the window at them. Pathetic fools...I can’t wait to see the looks on their faces when they see my Christmas present for them. Oh, they’ll just love it!!

A/N

Uh oh, we have an unexpected visitor. How will Sonic and friends react to this guest? Find out next in Under the Mistletoe!

PART THREE
Sonic‘s P.O.V.
Oh. my. god. I could hear screeching and knocking all around me! Why won’t she give up! I mean she’s nice and all, but seriously?! You can’t just someone force someone into loving you. I like her, let me restate that. I like her when she’s not a tsundere. Geez. I was hiding in the closet, trying to save my life from a certain pink hedgehog, with a heavy mallet!! I sighed quietly. I was starting to regret inviting Amy over here. But that’s kinda rude, which shouldn’t matter to me but the fact that I also don’t want to risk my house being burnt down because of not inviting a fangirl to me house. What’d I do for fanservice. I did that once, and the outcome wasn’t pretty. But still forcing someone to kiss you is wrong, someone should make a law on that. Ya know what? Mental note to discuss that with the Council of Acorn. I wrapped my hands over my face to wipe some sweat off me. I then pressed my ear against the closet door to hear any sounds on the other side….nope nothing. I hesitated a little, before standing up slowing to not produce a single sound that could trigger a pink furred ear. I placed my hand on the doorknob, slowly but surely. I twisted the knob open and slowly opened the door. Normally, I wouldn’t go this slow, but this is an exception especially if my life depends on it. I then peeked outside and scanned the room. All I saw was Rouge, who was flirting with Knuckles again while he kept swatting her away. I betcha that echidna likes her. He’s just too macho to admit it. I constantly tease him about it and dodge his fist full of fury at me, who might I add was pretty funny. I chuckled a little only realizing that I need to be on my toes in order to survive this. I turned to my left to find a couple more of my friends down the hallway. No sign of Amy. Whew! But just in case, I’ll stay in the basement for a while, but not to long so no one will worry about me. I quickly but quietly went next door to where the basement was and went down the stairs. I cringed a little when I heard creaking. Crap! I thought. I stopped instantly and wait for any intrusions….good. I went down the steps slowly to make sure I don’t make any more noise. As soon as I got onto the last step, I felt relaxed. I then noticed the ‘amazing’ team Chaotix. Vector, the huge crocodile, was by the pool table, holding a billiard cue in his right hand, ready to knock a ball into a hole. Next to him, whom I was assuming was playing with him was Mighty the armadillo who too had a billiard cue in his hand. Ray and Charmy were in the very far back of the rec room (yeah I have a huge rec room, even though it’s only half of my basement) playing games. Or specifically Mario Party 10. I then failed to notice that someone else was here as well. I turned around to find out it was too late. “SONIKKU!!! WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME?!” I squeaked when she tackled me for the fifth time today. I landed on the ground with a thud, with the extra weight on me. I groaned loudly. I then also heard giggling. I looked up to see Team Chaotix laughing at my situation. Why me?