Noodles The Echidna

Mac, Windows, Or Linux?

9 posts in this topic

Tell whether you like Mac, Windows, Or Linux and Why. I'll start.

I like Mac because it is straightforward and easy to use, and I like Linux because I can tinker with it.

Okay...

I like Windows because it's the only one I can/have used

(And I don't actually have issues with it so... ;P )

A huge Linux fan here. I like that it can run on huge amont of devices, and, as Noodles said, allows tinkering to customize it for yourself. I use it as main OS and all SCANF programming by me has been done on Linux so far.

Linux is a good OS. I am a Windows user though mostly due to programs and stuff i need which i can't run on Linux. Although i fear Windows 10 will be the only OS one can run in the future, since Microsoft have said this will be the last OS and will just update it forever. And considering Microsoft have said they will lock computers "basically making it hard to switch OS i think unless it is licensed or something". So its the reason why i haven't bothered updating to Windows 10. I have a legit copy though, i just like Windows 7 more in general.

Edited by SoniX

Haven't bothered to try out the other ones so Windows.

Same for me

There is a good chance that maybe Linux will dominate Windows in the future. If they will annoy users with the future versions of Windows. Considering Windows 10 is the last OS Microsoft is releasing and just plans to upgrade it. And Mac is just overprized in general.

Linux on the other hand is free and you can do whatever you want with it. The only fear is if Microsoft plans to lock laptops, PCs or those stuff to not change OS. Which makes it impossible to install Linux.

Basically the reason is that Steam has released lots of games on Linux on Steam. Also SteamOS is a new feature that lets you play on any OS(You dont need to change to SteamOS. But its a feature that lets you basically play the game on any OS). Although i have heard there is some bugs, but if that becomes canon and works then i think more will go over to Linux. I think the reason why people don't want Linux is simply because PC hardware and Windows does best in games and Linux hasn't really reached out there yet. And some programs that is still beneficial on Windows. But i think that Linux still has a chance of becomming really good if it strives for it.

Edited by SoniX

Yes.

I like all three. Each has it's purpose.

MacOS for the people who would be too dangerous with anything else.

Windows for business/corporate use and gaming beyond the level of webgames/clickers, etc.

Linux for everything. And I do mean everything, since it is expandable to do anything, including run windows applications. Perhaps HURD if it ever comes to fruition.

If you want a system which is open source in nature, then I suggest you use Linux as it comes with free and lots of open source software. But for the office environment, you better go with Windows OS (windows 10 sucks) as it provides enterprise level office suite software. On the other hand, Mac OS is suitable for high-end media or graphics tasking like Web-Design, UX&UI Design, Product Design, Sound Editing, Image Editing, etc.