NegaMetallix

STH x MM: Worlds Align (Initial Ideas)

9 posts in this topic

They Collided. They United. Now Their Worlds Must Align Once More…

Yep, you read that title correctly. This is a little something I've been working on since about the middle of 2015. I loved Worlds Collide when it was released; it got me reading the Mega Man comic books, and while it did end with the Sonic reboot, it still kept me curious of what could come next. Add to that the Wily Egg still hanging around (or rather, below) in Blaze's world, and the thought of a possible second crossover got me intrigued.

Then Worlds Unite happened and, while it had some cool moments, the overall pacing, character roster and last-minute additions from the SEGA/Capcom multiverse prevented it from being a worthwhile read for me. Since then, I started theorising on what a potential third crossover could be like. But with Sonic still busy fixing the shattered world, and Mega Man's continuing comic adventures in a state of uncertainty, I decided to start writing my own crossover ideas down.

Now, before I give the synopsis, I should note that this is a four-franchise crossover between Archie Sonic and Archie Mega Man (or at least close to it), with certain characters and elements of Mega Man X and Sonic Boom. There won't be any other SEGA or Capcom franchises in this one, mostly to prevent having too many characters again (and also because I'm not too familiar with the ones that appeared before). Maybe if this ever becomes an RP, but not right now...

With all that out of the way, here's what I have so far. (Currently just the backstory, settings and a list of characters):

Backstory:

After the events of Worlds Collide and Worlds Unite, Sonic and Mega Man continued their own individual adventures. For Sonic and the Freedom Fighters, this included saving and fixing their shattered world, and discovering the Lost Hex, leading to their first TRUE fight with the Deadly Six. Mega Man also had many adventures, taking on the supposedly-evil Dr. Cossack, learning that Dr. Wily still lived, preventing him from altering time along with a Mega Man-like robot called Quint, facing the other-worldly Stardroids, and meeting a new rivalling threat in the form of Bass.
But they weren’t the only ones having adventures. Silver the Hedgehog still had his mission to close the Genesis Portals, meeting X and the Maverick Hunters in the process. Blaze the Cat was defeating the remaining pirates on her world, hoping to finally get rid of them once and for all. And the heroes of Sonic Boom… well, they’re not in any real danger. However, some threats remain hidden in the shadows, secretly plotting a devious plan to destroy all these heroes and their respective worlds too!

Setting For Each World:

Sonic’s World & the Sol Zone – After the events of ‘Sonic Lost World’
By the time this crossover starts, Sonic and the Freedom Fighters have already fixed the shattered world and defeated Dark Gaia. They have also met, battled and defeated the Deadly Six on Lost Hex too, as well as prevented Dr. Eggman from taking the world’s energy for his own uses. They may be currently tackling some of Eggman’s forces around the world, but nothing too serious is happening.

Earth 20XX – Between the events of ‘Mega Man 7’ & ‘Mega Man 8’
Mega Man has once again prevented Dr. Wily from taking over the world, but at a cost. When he confronted Wily, Mega Man was all but willing to kill the doctor after beating him so many times. Had it not been for him having to follow the Three Laws of Robotics, or Bass taking Wily away, Mega Man may have actually done so. He is currently helping to fix Light Labs (again) after Bass’ attack.

Earth 22XX – Just before (or after) the events of ‘X: Command Mission’
After preventing at least two more attacks by Sigma and other foes, the Maverick Hunters have begun to notice that Sigma’s attacks are becoming less prominent recently. It isn’t until a familiar face from another dimension appears that they realise Sigma may be up to no good elsewhere.

Sonic Boom Zone – After the event of ‘Fire and Ice’… I guess?
It’s just your average egg-beating day on Bygone Island, until a mysterious foe appears. They manage to kidnap Sonic, Tails, Amy and Knuckles (rather easily, I might add) and soon set their eyes on Sticks. However, before this enemy can capture her, she winds up falling though a Genesis Portal.

Main Heroes:

Sonic the Hedgehog – Sonic’s World
The world’s fastest hedgehog, Sonic is considered the co-leader of the Freedom Fighters, and is easily one of the strongest on the team. He’s dealt with Eggman so many times, that it’s become something of a joke to him. However, he’s only had a handful of encounters with Dr. Nega (sometimes not even knowing it was him at all). Even with his friends by his side, Sonic might have to think first and act later if he wants to have a chance against the latest threat to the multiverse.

Mega Man – Earth 20XX
The blue bomber has certainly had his share of crazy adventures lately; it’s not every day you have to fight old friends, new foes, prevent time-travel shenanigans, face alien robots in battle, and witness the power of an all-new rival. Though a little shaken up by his most recent encounter with Dr. Wily, Rock is still willing to protect his family, friends and the whole world when it’s under attack.

X – Earth 22XX
X and the Maverick Hunters have been slowly pushing back Sigma’s forces, but not enough. However, after receiving some new upgrades, X is suddenly visited by a group of strange creatures, one of which being Silver the Hedgehog. The two had previously met briefly when Silver was trying to prevent the Genesis Portals from getting out of control. But when Silver mentions that he needs their help, X is ready to assist the hedgehog, along with his fellow Maverick Hunters Zero and Axl.

Main Villains:

Dr. Eggman Nega – Sonic’s World
Doctor Nega is a devious, clever mastermind, who happens to look very similar to Doctor Eggman. This is because, in reality, he’s a descendant of the mad scientist, though he hasn’t exactly been truthful to that statement with his foes (usually referring to himself as alternate Eggman from the Sol Zone). Compared to Eggman, Doctor Nega is far more sinister, with his plans often resulting in attempted mass-genocide if/when they backfire. After hiding out in the Sol Zone for a long time, he has finally re-emerged and joined forces with the mysterious Mr. X to conquer the multiverse!

Mr. X (formerly Xander Payne) – Earth 20XX
Once the leader of a terrorist group known as the Emerald Spears, Xander Payne was accidentally transported 30 years into his past after altering history to prevent a previous conquest of the Multiverse, and remains one of the very few who still remembers these events. Stuck in the past, he used his knowledge of the future to create the X Foundation, donning the title of Mr. X in the process. After failing to keep Dr. Wily in check, he was launched into a Genesis Portal and ended up… in the Sol Zone! There, he met Dr. Nega and learnt of the Egg O’ War. After Nega promises Mr. X that he’ll help him destroy the robots of Earth 20XX, they form a deadly (if rather unstable) alliance.

Dr. Eggman – Sonic Boom World
Another version of Dr. Eggman from a different world (for real, unlike Dr. Nega), this Eggman isn’t really seen as much of a threat compared to his counterpart, but chooses to partner up with both Nega and Mr. X in the hopes of finally conquering Bygone Island, and maybe even his whole world.

Other Characters:

The Freedom Fighters & friends (Sonic’s World):
- Miles ‘Tails’ Prower
- Amy Rose
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Blaze the Cat
- Princess Sally Acorn
- Rotor the Walrus
- Antoine D’Collette
- Bunnie Rabbot/D’Collette
- NICOLE the Holo-Lynx
- Sticks the Badger (Sonic Boom)

The Robot Masters & Light family (Earth 20XX):
- Dr. Thomas Light
- Blues/Proto Man
- Roll Light
- Auto
- Guts Man (MM1)
- Time Man (MM:PU)
- Quick Man (MM2)
- Snake Man (MM3)
- Pharaoh Man (MM4)
- Plant Man (MM6)
- Quake Woman

Other Villains (Various Worlds):
- Dr. Eggman & Metal Sonic (Sonic’s World)
- Dr. Wily, Bass & Treble (Earth 20XX)
- Shadow the Hedgehog (Boom)
- Captain Metal (Sol Zone)
- Vile ‘NX’ (Earth 22XX)

Heroes of the Future (Earth 22XX & Sonic’s World):
- Silver the Hedgehog
- Mega Man X
- Zero
- Axl

The New Roboticized Masters:
- N’egga Man (former Copy Robot)
- Sonic Man (AKA Boom Sonic)
- Tails Man (AKA Boom Tails)
- Knux Man (AKA Boom Knuckles)
- Rose Woman (AKA Boom Amy)

If all goes well, then I should be able to update this if/when necessary. So, any thoughts so far? Any adjusments/improvements that can be made?

Edited by Neo M'egga Man
I will be starting a new topic, to keep things flowing at a steady pace.

UPDATE 2: Okay, I've chosen to ditch Sigma as a villain in this one. I can't seem to find a way for him to work with Dr. Nega without quickly backstabbing the latter, similar to Worlds Unite with the Deadly Six. As such, his place will be taken by Mr. X (due to MM Issue 55 showing him fall through what looks like a Genesis Portal) and Boom!Eggman (which may seem an odd choice, but I have a way for it to work). Hopefully, I should have nearly everything covered for now. My next plan is to write down and release the prologue chapter to this event (kinda like the Free Comic Book Day issues).

Hope that despite the ditch it's still going well M'egga.  And that the ditch doesn't mess things up.  Gotta saw, having Boom!Eggman on the badguy team will be interesting.

No worries. I will say that, with Boom!Eggman, he'll most likely be something of a middle-ground villain or anti-hero after a certain point in the story.

As the description says, he’s mostly working with them on the promise of having total control of his world. But if anyone knows Dr. Nega well, it's gonna become pretty obvious that he's only using Boom!Eggman.

That's not to say that Boom!Eggy will just be a laughing stock to both heroes and villains, though. I'm hoping to find a way of making him a decent threat, whichever side he's on, but not quite on the same level as Archie!Eggman or Eggman Nega.

I see Boom!Eggman as sorta a lighter version of Sonic X!Eggman, who seemed to be more conquering the world for the fun of the challenge, rather than wanting to actually conquer.  Only in Boom's case its more the village than the world! 

True, but I'm sure that, deep inside, every mad scientist wishes to conquer the world eventually. If someone came to Boom!Eggy and told him that they could help him not only control the village, but so much more too, would he not be even somewhat tempted?

In any case, I can assure you that Boom!Eggy won't be taking things too seriously. He'll realise when he's about to cross his moral line. Otherwise, what would be the point of regular Eggman being in this? (...Well, aside from the obvious partnership with Wily again.) ☺

Oh, I agree with you!  I was just talking about his default position! ;) 

...Aaaand now I feel like a doofus. After some last-minute thinking, I've decided to go back on removing Sigma. Unfortunately, this will mean that Mr. X and Boom!Eggman are no longer part of the main villain ensemble. (They'll still have roles to play in the event, however.)

That said, the next post of mine here WILL be the Prologue chapter, so here's what you need to know:

- Sonic and the Freedom Fighters have saved the world, and defeated the Deadly Six.

- Mega Man has met Bass, and almost killed Dr. Wily after beating him once again.

- X and the Maverick Hunters haven't heard from Sigma in a while, and fear he's up to something big.

- The Sonic Boom heroes (minus Sticks) have been captured by a mysterious foe, and taken to an unknown location.

Apologies for any confusion caused by this; I'm kinda new to the whole fanfiction thing. The intro post will be updated soon.

Okay, I think I need to go back to the drawing board.

Seeing as I've made a lot of changes between the original post and now, I think it'll be easier for me to start up a new topic. That way, I can bring you all the actual story instead of just changing it all the time.

As for this one, I'd prefer it to just be locked. It's nice to look back at the early ideas, but I don't plan to expand on it anymore.

Either way, I'll be creating a new Worlds Align topic later on, in which I will FINALLY start the story. But for now... rest easy, heroes.