rbykitsune

If the Archie Sonic Comics got a new TV series...

34 posts in this topic

Archie CAN use the characters. That's the thing. But they have to pay Penders lots of money and give him part control over how they are played. And even then three characters aren't available at all (Locke is definitely one and I think the other two were Julie-Su and Lara-Su)

Honestly... its not going to happen. Everyone wants Penders to change his mind. But I don't think it's happening. And in the very off chance he does change his mind I don't expect Archie will be taking them back just because of the drama he caused them. I mean... you get sued for using characters of his. Would you then take them back in the chance that he would change his mind again? Or take these characters that caused bad history for you? I wouldn't

Besides... it would probably mean anotger reboot and I'm really tired of the Genesis waves every 25 comics or so

that's a thing too. i don't think panders mentioned any of that. the money yes, but the part of control no. oh well, at least panders can't say anything to me about me using his characters in my fan fiction series sonic multiverse, nor can he go "i'mma sue you bro" because it's not offical and i'm (sadly) not making money off of it. i'm also pretty sure he's too busy destroying the characters we once knew and loved working on his comic to check devanart or wattpad or even goes to himself him, i wonder if there are any good sonic fan fictions out there that i can get inspiration from.

Admittedly, a quick search didn't give anything to back up my earlier statement. But it's what I heard. I'm not making it up. I suspect it was likely first mentioned in the Ken Penders topic (and may or may not have a link to where it says that) if you want to go make sure

Apparently Ken Penders is going after Sega and Archie again for reason unknown don't be surprise if we have yet another reboot or Sega canceling the series all together.

Um... wait what? Why? What does he think he has on them now? They don't have his characters! 

Do you have a source on this? 

Apparently Ken Penders is going after Sega and Archie again for reason unknown don't be surprise if we have yet another reboot or Sega canceling the series all together.

he better not be. ken, as much as i'd like to respect you it's hard to when you keep doing garbage like this. and i'm starting to believe people who say he's a man child.

edit: ok guys, i know this is gonna sound silly and wired, but i think panders may be going after archie and sega for not using his characters. after the lawsuit, archie had full rights, but didn't use the characters out of spite, just to avoid paying him. what do you guys think?

Edited by teamrandom21

If he's doing that, he's an idiot who would never win.

If he's doing that, he's an idiot who would never win.

you got a point. as much as i'd like him to win the judge is probably gonna be like: "so what" and throw it out of the court. it's also thanks to these reports that we now have a -34% chance of seeing his characters come back, though i do agree archie is doing this out of spite, and i'm about ready to tell sega to pay up.

Um... wait what? Why? What does he think he has on them now? They don't have his characters! 

Do you have a source on this? 

You can find it on TSOS, but it's also on The Sonic Sanctuary facebook page. The Sonic Sanctuary

@teamrandom. I don't think so since they are perfectly in their right not to use them. It would just end up wasting peoples time if that was the case

@Blue Comet. Thanks