9 posts in this topic

Does anyone else play it? I find it impossible to get addicted to it. I will be hard to play if you don't have any friends to play it with. It's unique.

Patapon_3.jpg

I've heard good things about the series, but I've never tried it. My PSP pretty much only has the Sonic games, Mega Man Powered Up, and PSO. lol

I loved Patapon 3 (and I still have my copy). It was very different from its predecessors, in ways both good and bad. Spent upward of 120 hours on it, and boy was it a blast. I never dabbled much in its online play because a firmware update came out a few months after, and I didn't want to install it for fear of not being able to install custom firmware later on, but the bit I did play was fun (but very flawed). I actually enjoyed Patapon 2's (ad-hoc only) multiplayer more. Now that I think about it, it shouldn't be impossible to forward raw ad-hoc WiFi frames through the Internet and out another wifi card, almost like a layer 2 VPN setup (PSN has a service called adhocParty, so it shouldn't be infeasible to create a similar system yourself).

I actually have a fun story a few years back: My friends and I went to MLG, and I had Patapon 3 on me, trying to grind. But I wanted to watch the games playing, and it was super loud in there. I ended up playing Patapon 3 deaf, glancing at the screen every 5 turns because the enemies were so predictable. I was pretty proud of myself, but it's actually surprisingly easy for anyone to keep tempo.

(By the way, how long did it take you to notice the pause chant in Patapon 3?)

The pause chant?

(I just have beaten the first archfiend. )

Edited by NMS

Oops, looking at the wiki it isn't immediately available. You need to get far enough in the mission "Advance! Attack!"

Anyway, since you just defeated the first archfiend, does this mean you just got it?

Anyway' date=' since you just defeated the first archfiend, does this mean you just got it?[/quote']

For clarification, I meant to ask if you just got Patapon 3, not the pause chant.

If you have the pause chant, you should be able to hold Select during a mission to see, but you do need to complete "Advance! Attack!" first.