Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ishurna

(Idea) Sonic the Retro (A Super Mario Bros. hack idea)

5 posts in this topic

So, I had this going on in my head for a while: Why not hack Super Mario Bros. into a Sonic game? It would have a mix of both of the Sonic 1 games into it, but as an added bonus, Spindash to be an optional thing (to turn it off in the options if anyone can replace 2P with options) and Super Form is in it (and Super Form can be unlocked after the final boss).

Of course, if this does happen and get approved, I need coders and musicians, and the game and progress would be put on the Sonic Retro along with here.

Would the idea be approved here?

You just have to tell us how are you going to convert a mario engine to sonic's speed. Sure , mario can be fast , But not as nearly as fast as sonic, Which made this a gameplay mechanic .

Racing games can be handled on an NES. Sonic is, in a sense, a racing game. If someone can somehow hack Mario's speed and physics and change his sprites to Sonic's, then we get Sonic the Hedgehog in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Unfortunately, I do not know a single hacking tool that can change Mario's coding.

There are many tool around helping to create full fledged campaign for mario , But I never heard of a complete modification lile the one you'd like to pull .

There is already a game like that its called somario