teamrandom21

Bye bye archives?

2 posts in this topic

Though it's not set in stone, one of the users on ASO is friends with Jon Gray on facebook, and he said the following.

"I got to work w/ so many wonderful ppl during my time on Sonic the Hedgehog and w/ so many wonderful talents including drawing my own stuff. It's a shame that I'll probably never see my Sonic artwork from Sonic collected anywhere, but that's not really my fault soooooo~~~❤️❤️❤️"

While it's not conformed, it is looking a bit black for sonic archives. Legal trouble from the infamous lawsuit may be the cause of this, and it could be that Archie is doing this to avoid any more legal lawsuits. what do you guys think?

Huh. I remember hearing that Jon Gray was no longer part of the Archie crew recently (I believe the Off-Panel for SU#84 is his last ever work on the book) due to a falling out within Archie. I don't know the details on that though, so I won't go into it any further than that.

But yeah, the state of the Archives and any other Pre-Reboot collections (aside from the Universe graphic novels) has been questionable for quite a while, now. At this point, the most likely conclusion is that they simply won't be continued, potentially out of fear that Ken Penders won't leave 'em alone otherwise. (Not that it tends to stop him, anyway.)

Edited by Neo M'egga Man