Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geoffrey St John

A new world Order

12 posts in this topic

A new story in an old universe. My own personal continuity of Mobian universe. I hope you enjoy the twists and turns in it.

The Prologue to Conquest

On the Planet Mobius the people rejoice as the tyrant Doctor Julian Kintobor was finally defeated for good. Princess Sally had been restored to organic form and Elias Acorn had been returned to the thrown. Peace had come at last but sadly this was doomed to end very soon. As the imprisoned Colin Kintobor Junior had one final trick up his sleave, being the cellmate of Ixis Naugus the deposed King had it's advantages as he now had a source of magic within reach. 

During the final days of the Eggman war, Colin had foresaw the possibility of being captured so he mechanised his left hand and hid it behind a jamming glove so nothing could detect it. "So my uncle has finally been defeated, and my love is lost too. That hedgehog has taken everything from me! But now he has also given me the means to be rid of him for good! I don't know what will happen once this is done but I don't care either. Sonic will pay and You Naugus will make it happen!" Declared Colin as he removed the glove from his hand. Within a second the alarm went off and Colin altered the form of his hand into a gun of some sort where he aimed at Naugus and fired.

Within ten seconds a blue blur appeared outside Colin's cell. "What's up Snively!? Can't wait for your trial to take pla..." the words from the blue hedgehog ended as Naugus simply vanished from sight. Colin burst out laughing and then pointed the gun at his blue adversary. "Sonic the hedgehog, you have done nothing but get in the way of power. You used your speed to outrun all the robots that were sent your way and now you have ran right into your end. Prepare to be erased!" Yelled Colin as he fired the gun at Sonic. And for the first time Sonic found himself unable to move a muscle as the shot made contact.

Using his hand again Colin made the cameras cone on and broadcast across the world the video of Sonic being hit and slowly fading away, Everyone was in shock when the voice of Colin echoed along with the broadcast "people of Mobius, watch in horror as your hero fades from existance. Once his physical form disappears all of your memories of him will soon follow. For you see I used the system of my late Uncle's genesis wave to turn my hand into a genesis ray. I used it to absorb Ixis Naugus and his magic into it as chaos like energy. It gave me enough power for one shot."

"As you can see my shot hit it's target and I chose to remove Sonic from the equation entirely! So as soon as the final trace of Sonic disappears, the world we know will cease to exist. A new world will take its place. A world where Sonic wasn't there! A world were ultimate power rules ultimately! So all of you live in fear knowing your "hero" is leaving you forever!" Gloated Colin before bursting into laughter. The image of Sonic fading continued to play with his distinctive blue turning paler and more transparent with each passing second.

Once Sonic had faded from sight completely the Hedgehog family started to notice him vanishing from all the photos they had taken. Tears were falling down the faces of both Sonic's mother and Uncle as they started to forget all of their time with the blue hedgehog. Sonic's metallic father had sparks flashibg out of his head when his system tried to repair the vanishing memory bank which caused him to overheat and shut down. Causing yet another loss to the hedgehog family.

Miles "Tails" Prower, Antoine D'Coolette, Amy Rose, Rotor Walrus, Bunnie D'Coolette and Princess Sally Acorn were gathered together in the old freedom HQ. A place they spent a lot of time with their blue friend in the past. They were all crying but as time passed they forgot why they were. And each started to stop crying and leave the old base one by one. Antoine was the first to stop and leave, slowly followed by Bunnie and then Rotor. Amy felt like she was there for a reason but eventually decided it wasn't important and left. Tails and Sally both looked at each other crying. They started to leave and as Sally stepped outside and her last tear fell a white light flashed across the planet.

Chapter one Robotropolis

As the white light shined across Mobius, several locations changed or simply vanished. In the former site if Mobotropolis, a gigantic metallic city now stood. Hundreds of factories created a grey mist around the streets. The ground was covered in pieces of old robots which had either broke or rusted. The sound of clanging metal from the factories echoed across the vast lifeless city. But the biggest part of the city was a large spherical building in the center of the city. That building was the fortress of Dr Eggman. The emperor of the Eggman Empire. He called his fortress The Egg Dome, the nerve center of his entire empire.

Sitting on a metal throne in the middle of the Egg Dome's command center was a large round Overlander. The overlander was male, his head was pointed and bald. His eyes were hidden behind a pair of black Goggles. His nose was flat but decorated by a large orange mustache. His mouth was wide and took up almost the entire width of his face. On his torso he wore a red long sleeved shirt, he had a white lab coat over it with the sleevees ripped off and a black cape tied around his neck. His right arm was perfectly normal with a black glove on the hand. But his left arm was completely metallic from the shoulder to the tip of his index finger. He wore a black and yellow tool belt aroubd his waist. He wore a pair of black pants on his legs and a set of custom army boots on his feet.

The overlander looked at a monitor feeling quite bored when something entered the room. A short creature stopped shot of the round one. This new creature had a pale yellow tone in it's fur. On it's head it had two pointed ears but one was being held partially down by a device that held a light green visor over it's left eye. A metal mask covered the nose to the chin with two small holes in the nose compartment. The torso was covered in a black armour made of steel, it had a triangular shape with only the end of the part by it's waist cut off. Along both arms was long heat proof gloves which ended just short of the shoulders. From the waist to the knees it wore long grey shorts. From the feet to the top of the ankles  it wore a set of plain black boots. The creature wore a grey cloak over the top of it's armour.

The overlander looked at the new arrival, "Dr Eggman, sir. I would like to make my report" addressed the new arrival to the overlander. Dr Eggman quickly replied " Captain Redeye, get on with it" the creature bowed in acknowledgement. "The air around all of your regions remains clear. The people follow orders to the letter and while I use this word loosely , the "Resistance" has be captured again." Said Captain Redeye. Dr Eggman burst into a little laugh but soon stopped and looked to the roof bored. "Go on then Redeye, tell me what their plan was this time" said Dr Eggman and soon Captain Redeye prepared himself to relay the story.

"Sir! The leader of the "resistance" Bunnie Rabbit was found on her own near the east of the city. I believe she was meant to be a look out for her team mates. Second in command Hershey Cat was captured inside one of our munitions factories while she tried to get an entryway open.  On the other side of the entryway,  the final member of the team and their "tech expert" Marine The Raccoon was captured. So I speculate that their plan was that Bunnie keep an eye out for our forces while Hershey gets inside to open a passage to the computer for Marine. Whatcthey wanted from our system I do nor know Sir" reported Captain Redeye.

"Very well, transfer our prisoners to the Kintowing detention area like last time. And prepare for them to "Get away" again" ordered Dr Eggman. Captain Redeye hesitated and looked at his master like he wanted to ask a question. "Speak Redeye, I can see that you have something to ask" said Dr Eggman. Captain Redeye saluted his master,  "Sir I don't understand why you keep letting those idiots go free all the time. Wouldn't it be easier just to keep them captive?" Asked Captain Redeye to which Dr Eggman replied "If I did that thing would be boring. By letting them go free it gives me something to do everyday"

Captain Redeye acknowledged his master's reason and checked status of the Kintowing. "Sir, my files state that the only viable cell in that detention centre already contains a prisoner" reported Captain Redeye. Dr Eggman looked at Redeye looking quite amused. "It already has a prisoner? Wonderful! Put them in that cell anyway! Maybe with a new ally they can amuse me a little more next time" stated Dr Eggman to which Captain Redeye saluted and set off to do as ordered leaving his master feeling quite excited.

Please comment on my story if you have read it. I will take any feedback given as a means of improving the quality. With this post I have now triple posted in my thread. I hope I don't have to post a fourth time in a row.

Chapter two An escape Plan

The Kintowing Detention Centre is in the east side of Robotropolis, within the Ivon district. It is a three story building but seems quite damaged on the top floor and part of the second floor. A Mobian in a metal suit was charged with guard duty there. On the Second floor only one cell was undamaged, a cell with one occupant already. The guard waited at the door under orders from above,  it was then where the guard saluted to the approaching Captain Redeye.

"Sir! The cell is ready for your prisoners, as requested I have left the current occupant inside" reported the guard. "Very good, now start sorting out my prisoners one by one but leave that Raccoon to me. She can be quite tricky" said Redeye as he used his card key to open the cell and placed it partially into his pocket. The guard quickly began to remove Bunnie's Shackles. Captain Redeye looked into the cell at the prisoner inside, he then thought "Oh it's her, well with her help maybe this group of idiots will be harder to catch next time"

Inside the cell sat a silver wolf, on her head she had long purple hair which ended just short of her tail. Around her neck she tied the remains of a blue sleeve like a scarf. She wore a black tank top on her torso, her arms were bare with the exception of the two white wristbands she wore. On her hands she had black fingerless gloves. From her waist to her ankles she wore a pair navy blue leggings with a hole for her tail. On her tail she wore a single purple wristband. On her feet she wore a pair of black shoes.

The guard then threw Bunnie into the cell. She has yellow fur, on her head were two long ears, one of which was bent about half way down. Bunnie has light brown hair which ends at the top of her neck. She wore nothing on her face or neck. On her torso she had a grey t shirt. Bunnie wore a pair of dirty green gloves which had clearly been used for farm work. Over the top of her t shirt and down her legs she wore a pair of dirt stained overalls. On her feet were a pair of brown boot which had clearly seen better days. 

The next one to be thrown in the cell was Hershey Cat. Hershey is a black cat. On her forehead she had a pair of red goggles. On her torso she wore a custom made dark grey blouse that was slightly too big for her. Her hands were bare, so was her neck. From her waist to her ankles she wore a pair of military grade pants held on by a belt. On her feet she wore a pair of normal shoes which had wore out a little.

Redeye then stepped forward as the guard unlocked Marine's shackles, Marine was quick to react as she pounces at Redeye. He knew this was coming but let her think she had caught him by surprise. Redeye reacted after Marine's pounce had end where he quickly threw her into the cell and got up. "Guard, do not mention this to anyone or I'll have your head." Said Redeye as he shut the cell and left, taking the shackles with him. The guard returned to his original post once Redeye had left.

Inside the cell Marine got onto her feet, her fur was light brown, On head she wore a white helmet which covered her ears. Around her neck she wore a plastic surgeon's mask. On her torso she wore a yellow child's tank top. Over the top she wore a slightly too small light grey jacket and on her hands she wore a pair of welding gloves  that had been altered. Around her waist she wore a toy tool belt with only a screwdriver in it. Marine wore a pair of jeans on her legs and normal shoes on her feet.

The trio gathered together near the door of the cell, mumbling to one another when the wolf approached them. "Hello, you must be my new cellmates. My name is Lupe Wolf. What are your names? Asked the Wolf. Bunnie stepped forward and spoke " Hallo Lupe, ah'm Bunnie Rabbit, this here's Hershey Cat mah second in command. And the kid is our tech girl Marine the Raccoon. Today is yah lucky day, you get to escape with us" Lupe was shocked at Bunnie's declaration and quickly respond with a question. "How do you plan to escape from a prison with state of the art security systems?" Marine laughed and said "Easy! With this" It was then she revealed the card key she had pilfered from Captain Redeye and the four prisoners had an escape plan.

Edited by Geoffrey St John

I guess I will be the only poster here.

Chapter 3 The Jailbreak revelation

It had been around an hour since the girls had made their plan of escape. The guard had fallen asleep like he always does giving the group their chance. "Lupe, you go with Hershey for this part. Marine yah with me" said Bunnie as she used the card key to open the cell then handed it to Hershey. Bunnie and Marine went left while Hershey lead Lupe to the right where they reached a door saying "military storage unit". Hershey opened the door and collected several explosives. Lupe on the other hand noticed a bag which she quickly picked up and filled with some small boxes that were not opened.

Meanwhile Bunnie and Marine had reached the guard, they slowly snuck past him and stole some of the food supplies from the near by kitchen. When both of them had their hands full they returned to the cell that previously held them. When Bunnie and Marine arrived, Hershey and Lupe were already there ready to begin the next step of their plan. Hershey planted two explosives in the cell and set them to explode in two minutes. Marine opened a near by trash pipe and climbed into it escaping, the other three followed and heard the explosion as they fell.

Knowing that the next guard was due to arrive Bunnie waited and as soon as the new guard rushed inside,  she snatched the truck and her team got inside. Bunnie began crashing the truck time and time again while making her way out of the city. She was bound to attract lots of attention yet it seemed like she was unnoticed by anyone. In the Egg Dome, Dr Eggman was watching his former prisoners make their way out of the city with Captain Redeye stood next to him. Eggman let out a sigh as the truck stopped just outside the city and the four girls ran out of range.

"Doctor Eggman, they escaped and the card key has been deactivated as usual. But this time the wolf known as Lupe has been released with them. She proved a bigger challenge the first time of her capture so I am confident that if she is within their ranks. We will have a more difficult time in apprehending the resistance Sir!" Reported Redeye with a salute to his master. Dr Eggman let out a laugh and looked at his loyal soldier. "Captain Redeye, you have done well today as always. Your next mission is to return to normal duty" commanded Dr Eggman resulting in Redeye nodding and leaving the room.

In the middle of a polluted old farm Bunnie moved a boulder to reveal a hole which Marine jumped down. Hershey looked at Lupe and said "This is our base, it is quite small but it is all we need for now"  She then jumped in herself causing Lupe to follow and Bunnie to hold the boulder up and seal the hole above her as she jumped in. It was dark until the hole curved leading to a tunnel to crawl through into a small cave. There was a lake in the cave with what looked like three wooden beds and some old rags around.

"Ah know it don't look like much, but it is all we need to fight" said Bunnie causing Lupe to smile. "You managed to escape from the Eggman Empire so you can't be amateurs. But that get away seemed too easy. Do you get away like that often?" Asked Lupe sounding concerned. "Yeah, we outsmart that egg faced dummy everyday!" Declared Marine causing both Hershey and Bunnie to think about their constant escapes. Lupe looked at Hershey then Bunnie before letting out a sigh and sitting by the lake alone.

"Bunnie, what Marine said about getting away all the time, do you think we do? Or is Eggman letting us go?" Asked Hershey while staring at the oblivious Marine. "Ah can't say for sure but ah think he ain't taking us serious. Maybe we should take one of his guys prisoner to show him our strength" said Bunnie causing Hershey to stand up and say "Yeah lets do it" Lupe had heard Bunnie's idea and walked forward. "If we are going to catch a member of his army it is a good thing I grabbed these" ssid Lupe as she began to empty the bag she filled.

In the bag there had been six small boxes, Marine had fallen asleep so Hershey, Lupe and Bunnie opened two boxes each. In Lupe's first box was a set of dynamite, enough to destory an entire factory. In Bunnie's first box was what appeared to be a battery pack. In Hershey's first box was a chuck of solid steel, after opening it Hershey noticed it had been shipped to the wrong location. In Lupe's second box was a set of Ammo for a basic Egg Pistol like the guards use. In Bunnie's second box was a laser gun, this version only had two settings though. Stun and blind. In Hershey's second box was a small hard drive which was meant to be installed the following day.

Chapter 4  The Howl of history

Two hours have passed since the boxes were opened, Hershey and Bunnie were talking near the entrance while Marine slept. Lupe sat with her feet in the lake. She seemed lost in thought causing Hershey to walk to up her and ask. "Lupe, Are you alright?" But was met by a blank scare before  the wolf shook her head and snapped back to reality. Marine woke up and walked over to Lupe and Bunnie followed. "Lu, what is with that sleeve around your neck?" Asked Marine.

Lupe took a deep breath, "that is a long story but I think I should tell it. My tale begins back when Dr Eggman was taking power. My father ruled over wolf kind with a noble ear. We were attacked by a group robots lead by what appeared to be a squirrel" said Lupe. "During the attack several of our people were captured by father included. I managed to escape thanks to the aid of my brother. After the attack was over only me, my brother and six of our people were left. We became a team and fought Dr Eggman for years."

"Over the years my instincts took over and I became a proper fighter. About two years ago one of our team mates discovered a prison where my father was said to be held so we planned an attack. After two months of planning we attacked but were unprepared for what we had in store for us. We managed to get inside but the cells we found were empty. That was when the Elites came out of the shadows and ambushed us"

"Within a minute three of our team mates were down. We started to retreat but we were not quick enough and soon only me and my brother were left. We managed to escape but barely. The two of us managed to remain free for another two years after that. But it all changed a month ago when we encountered Captain Redeye and his forces. He shot at us from the sky but my brother acted fast. He grabbed a rock and threw it at one of the planes, it hit the engine causing the plane to crash. The pilot then made a choice that would change everything."

"The crashing plane chased us and we ended up cornered by a river. We panicked but he saw a hole and before I could do anything my brother pushed me into it and the plane crashed into my brother while I was protected. The rubble from the plane sealed the hole so I had to search for another exit. Three days it took me to find my way above ground so I rushed to the spot I last saw my brother. The rubble was still there but the only trace of my brother was his torn sleeve on a piece of the plane. He was lost to me"

"So I decided to avenge him and tied his sleeve around my neck as you can see, I rushed to Robotropolis and attacked without restraint. I took down several soldiers, that was when I saw Captain Redeye again. We ended up in a one on one battle. I matched him blow for blow until he hit me with something twice and I went down. The next thing I knew I was in that cell you freed me from." Said Lupe as tears fell down her face.

Bunnie and Hershey were lost for words when Marine was going to speak until Hershey covered her mouth. "I think I need to be alone for a while, can you point me to the way out?" Asked Lupe, Bunnie pointed to a tunnel and Lupe made her way outside. "She lost her brother so recently, ah hope she will be alright" saud Bunnie as she watched Lupe leave. Marine realised she was too young to be of any use so she just went back to bed.

Hershey looked at her area of the hideout where she saw some blue material that was the same colour as the sleeve Lupe wore. "Lupe, you need a purpose other than vengeance if you want to survive the war" thought Hershey to herself when she began creating something. It was then a full moon's light shined into the lake through a hole in the roof. Lupe let out a loud sorrowful howl which echoed through the hideout.

Chapter 5 The way to Leadership

After hearing Lupe's story Hershey began working on a surprise project while Marine slept and Bunnie planned their next operation. Lupe had wandered off outside where she found ruins from an old town. "A town reduced to rubble, no doubt the work of Dr Eggman's henchmen. What there is smoke coming from that ruined house!" said Lupe to herself as she ran into the mentioned house, accidentally knocking a lamp off the side to smash as she entered.

As soon as the lamp smashed a light scream was heard from the left corner of the room, in the corner was a small black cat. Lupe walked to the scared young girl but stopped when she noticed how scared the girl was. "My name is Lupe Wolf, I won't hurt you I promise. We need to get out of here, that smoke will have alerted Eggman's goons" said Lupe extending her hand to the girl. The cat calmed slightly and took Lupe's hand, then the pair got away from the town and hid in a near by ditch.

Feeling safe for now Lupe looked to the girl, "We should be ok for now. What is your name?" Asked Lupe in as friendly a manner as she could. The young cat looked at Lupe scared but quickly calmed down and said, "My name is Sasha cat. I have been all alone since I got separated from my family." Hearing that upset Lupe but she didn't show it, it was then a troop of Eggman's forces arrived that wear lead by none other than Captain Redeye. 

Upon seeing him again Lupe's rage grew but feeling Sasha hold onto her hand tightly calmed the wolf down and the pair crouched as low as possible to hide from the troop who was smashing through the rubble seeking what ever caused the smoke. Captain Redeye checked the ground for any track able signs.

Back in the hideout Bunnie had gathered Marine and Hershey together to talk about their plan of attack. "Thanks to Lupe's help we managed to gain a few things from Eggman but they are not useful to us right now. Ah think we should try to raid one of his cargo shipments today. There should be one heading to the Nestegg Casino in an hour. Lets get that one" said Bunnie which Hershey and Marine nodded to, the trio then planned their attack forgetting about Lupe entirely.

After about an hour the troops were ready to give up when Redeye found a bit of fur on the newly smashed lamp. His visor was able to recognise it as Lupe's fur and that caused him to smirk. "Men spread out, that worthless escapee wolf is here. But there is no need to take her serious at all. The only threat was that brother of hers who we took care off" yelled Captain Redeye to enrage Lupe, but sadly it seemed to have worked as Lupe rushed at Redeye in a rage accidentally knocking poor Sasha down.

Lupe's rage helped her fight for a while but she regained her senses when she heard Sasha's cry after being grabbed by a troop. Lupe then tried to free Sasha to which she was successful and the pair ran as fast as they could with Redeye in pursuit. They reached a dead end when a river blocked their path, it was then Lupe noticed a boat in the middle of the river. And without a seconds thought she picked up Sasha and threw her as hsrd as she could towards the boat yelling as she threw "just hide, i will come find you I promise" By a miracle a sailor on the boat heard Lupe and saw Sasha splash in the water. He rescued Sasha and help up the flag of Downunda so Lupe would see it.

Lupe had managed to escape by using a tunnel she found by a miracle only to discover Bunnie and her team were gone. Hershey had left a note to tell Lupe where they had gone so Lupe rushed to find them. When Lupe had caught up to them she discovered the truck abandoned but a prison van east of it. Lupe saw Bunnie being pushed into the van. Lupe was about to rush when she remembered what happened with Sasha, so by using her head Lupe got into the truck and rammed it into the prison van. Using the crash as a distraction Hershey used her claws to unlock the shackles. Lupe then set off the explosives in the truck and threw them towards Redeye and his men. With the explosions as a smoke screen Bunnie, Marine, Hershey and Lupe got away even though Redeye had seen them running away.

Chapter 6 Redeye's Report

In the Egg Dome command centre, Dr Eggman received an incoming signal which he quickly answered. "Captain Redeye. What is your report?" Asked Dr Eggman when he saw Redeye. "Dr Eggman, Sir. The release of Lupe Wolf has already had an effect on the results of my recent assignments. There was smoke in a small abandoned town that I investigated only to find Lupe and a small cat. Lupe managed to avoid capture using an underground tunnel, the cat was given refuge on a merchant ship meaning we couldn't attempt to raid it without causing problems with it's destination" reported Captain Redeye

"Oh hoo hoo ho, wonderful! But what of the other members of the resistance?" Asked Dr Eggman. "Sir, when we lost Lupe and the girl we received a distress signal from a delivery truck destined for the Nest Egg Casino. The other resistance members were attempting to raid it. Me and the troops were able to stop them with ease. But much to my amusement and I won't doubt to yours too. Lupe Wolf used the very truck that her team wanted to raid as a battering ram into the prison transport Van. The explosives within the truck were set off and in the midst of the Chaos I saw the resistance running away but I did nothing since I thought that would please you sir" reported Redeye.

Dr Eggman was pleased by Redeye's report, "Captain Redeye, you have done well recently. And Lady Chaos has returned so you need not continue to use ground based forces. I grant you permission to return to your division" said Dr Eggman which caused Redeye some joy which he tried to hide as Eggman signed out. "Lupe has already been making this exciting, maybe I should let them get more members so this will me more fun" thought Dr Eggman to himself as he sat back in his chair.

At the wreckage Captain Redeye had gathered together all the troops. "I have received news that Lady Chaos has returned, My time with you has ended and I shall return to my division, you are to complete things here and return to her service while I take my leave now. Farewell troops" said Captain Redeye before he left the wreckage and returned to Robotropolis. Within the higher floors of the Egg Dome Captain Redeye came up to a door that said "Leader of Eggman's Aerial Enforcers" Redeye opened the door with his code and entered the room which turned out to be his quarters.

The room seemed rather child like, the floor had a red carpet, toy guns and tools were scattered across the floor. There was a set of bunk beds which both had Eggman sheets on them. There was a computer with a shooting and Flying simulation programmed in. There was a plain wardrobe filled with exact copies of the outfit he was wearing. Next to the beds was a small book shelf with a lamp on it. The shelf had three books only, "Mobian Fairytales", "Art of flying" and "Basic Mechanics". Being in this room caused a delightful laugh from Redeye as he closed the door and locked it. It was then Redeye removed his armour and mask.

Once Redeye had removed his gear it was revealed he was only ten years old, the small pale yellow fox jumped around playing with his toy guns, just like any kid would acting like holding four guns was normal, one in each hand and one in each tail. This young fox was born with two tails. After ten minutes of fun, Redeye walked up to the bookshelf and took a disk he had hidden between the pages of "Mobian Fairytales". Once Redeye had placed the disk into the computer a page opened up on screen, the page was Redeye's own personal file from within the Eggman Empire.

The page said, "Name: Miles Prower, Age: 10, Social Status: Orphan, Alias: Captain Redeye, Background: Miles was born to Amadeus and Rosemary Prower during the Last days of the Overlander War, Dr Eggman aided Amadeus and his team to end the war by capturing the Overlander leader. During this mission, Rosemary gave birth to Miles, but sadly at that same moment Amadeus was struck down and Dr Eggman struck back in grief. The mission was a success due to Dr Eggman's actions but he personally made it his responsibility to inform Rosemary of her Husband's fate.

The news was too much for Rosemary and she passed away a few days later from a broken heart. Thus Dr Eggman made it his responsibility to raise the now Orphaned Miles and sought to protect him from the same fate as his parents" Miles was awestruck at the story he had just read, "My parents died due to war so Dr Eggman chose to raise and protect me?" Asked Redeye. "Yes and I learned fast that war is inevitable so the only way to protect you properly was to conquer Mobius and make it safe for everyone" ssid Dr Eggman who was standing in the doorway.

Chapter 7A heart of Darkness

Redeye was startled by Dr Eggman, but he quickly gathered himself. "Dr Eggman, Sir!" Said Redeye to acknowledge his master, Dr Eggman just closed the door and walked up to the computer. He ejected the disk and placed it into his pocket. "Redeye, did you really think I wouldn't notice that my archives had been disturbed during the recent "jailbreak." It really is a shame you felt such sneaky methods were necessary but it matters little. Now you know your origin, I hope I have your true loyalty now" said Eggman. Redeye took a deep breath and bowed to his master as a sign of fealty.

Dr Eggman simply held out his hand and helped Redeye to his feet. "Captain Redeye, suit up and return to duty. I must speak with Lady Chaos" said Eggman before he left Redeye's room. He arrived in the Egg Dome hanger to greet Lady Chaos. "Lady Chaos, I am going to the chamber of rest. You watch over the dome until I return. I will hear your report when I return" said Eggman as the door of a ship opened and a female mobian walked off.

The mobian was a squirrel, on her feet were a pair of blue boots. From her ankles to her waist she wore a pair of white leggings with her tail coming out of it. On her torso she wore a white shirt with a blue metal jacket over the top of it. On her hands she wore metallic gloves just like the ones she wears in the new continuity. Around her neck she wore a grey cloak, on on her face and head she wore a metal helmet. She simply nodded to accept her orders and watched Eggman leave.

Dr Eggman reached a door that had the most secure lock in the entire dome. He put in the code and entered the room hearing the beep of a heart monitor. Before him, Eggman looked on a small old overlander. He was attached to many different machines all set to maintain the old man until he naturally passed on. In the room were three robots, A drillnosed robot set to maintain the machinery, a robot monkey set to keep the old man feed and within comfortable bedding and a robot chicken programmed with advanced medical knowledge to treat any possible ailments.

"Master Nate, it has been a few weeks since my last visit. I trust our creations have been treating you correctly" said Eggman. The old overlander sat up and smiled seeing his student again. "Ah Julian, everything is fine. Doctor Scratch has been executing his medical programming perfectly, Coconuts has been keeping me very comfortable and well fed. And finally Grounder has been keeping all equipment at full working order as you commanded. But really, all of this in unnecessary my boy" said the old Overlander named Nate Morgan.

"It is necessary Master Nate, you gave me a chance when nobody else would. You made me your apprentice and taught me to be a true scientist. I used everything you taught me to create an army to unite Mobius under my rule, I changed from the unwanted child left behind by his family into Mobius' ruler. And it is all thanks to you! So the least I could do is make you the most comfortable possible for when you..." said Eggman unable to finish the sentence due to not wanting to think about it.

Sensing Eggman's feelings Nate asked a question, "So Julian is there any new stories from that resistance you told me about" Eggman perked up at the question and sat next to Nate to tell the story of Bunnie and her team's recent activities. Once the story was complete, Nate was surprised at Eggman's joy at this "failure." At that moment Coconuts disturbed the pair, "Master Morgan, Master Julian. It is time for lunch, I prepared your favourite today Master Julian" It was then a plate was given to each of them which contained a hotdog covered with Chilli which was suitably named a Chillidog.

The pair nodded in thanks for the food and enjoyed the meal, it was then Nate took the chance to ask Eggman a question he has been wanting to for some time. "Julian, I have to ask you if the overlander called Colin Kintobor Junior is still around?" Eggman was surprised by this question but simply nodded to say yes he was. "Do you really think I wouldn't protect my "brother's" son?" Asked Eggman but Nate was too happy in knowledge that he wasn't alone to care, the old man fell asleep with a smile on his face without answering the question. Eggman left the room in contemplation over Nate's concern for his nephew.

Chapter 8 A chaos battery

Dr Eggman was sitting in his chair within the Command Centre when his master's concern for Colin returned to his head. "Why would he care about my nephew?" Thought Eggman to himself when an incoming signal appeared on a near by screen. "A signal from the power core? Hmm if I didn't know that there was no such thing as fate then I might have confused this for it" thought Eggman as he answered the signal.

A short overlander appeared on the screen, his head was covered with  brownish orange hair which was just short of being an afro. His eyes were covered by a mechanical visor, his nose was quite long and pointy. Under the nose he had a goatie which he kept well groomed. From the neck down he wore a dark green blazer with over his torso and arms. On his hands he wore black gloves, and from his waist to his ankles he wore black jeans and on his feet he wore black shoes.

"Uncle Eggman, I am calling to inform you that I require a new D46 for one of our power dampeners" said the overlander. "Ah, I will have one sent to you immediately, but while I have you Colin. Give me a status update on our "batteries" and the progress on your wife's improvements" said Dr Eggman. Colin nodded in acknowledgement of Eggman's command. "My wife has just arrived, she will update you herself while I check the status before updating you on the rest, Sir" said Colin as he saluted and left.

An overlander woman appeared on the screen, on her head she wore a metal headband that held her long black hair drifting down her back, it stop mid way down her back. On her arms, torso and legs she wore a long red gown with a cut on the left just letting her left knee to foot break free of the gown. On her feet she wore a pair of black high heeled shoes. Her hands were bare except for her wedding ring. "Ah my uncle in law! My techno magic is slowly but surely growing, I was able to take over one of those bots for three hours before my magic gave out" said the woman.

Colin then returned to the screen, he looked at his wife. "Regina my darling, your hair has some oil in it. You should go clean up before it ruins your lovely hair" said Colin as he kissed his wife bye. Once Regina was out of sight he turned to the screen once more. "Uncle Eggman, I have looked over everyone and have one concern to report. Battery E is the one who requires the requested part" said Colin which caused Eggman to react by instantly sending the order for the part. "I have made the order the highest priority so you should receive it shortly. But tell me of the physical conditions of our batteries" said Eggman.

Colin nodded as he used the console to add the image of a large glass tanker to the screen. "The status of Battery M is unchanged since my last update" said Colin before he changed the image to three seperate ones. "The co-joined batteries AW have began to deteriorate from consistent drainage but the decline is steady" said Colin. He then changed the three to new ones, "Sir Battery MP, Battery A and Battery AL have not changed status and that ends my report of section 1" said Colin.

He took a breath and a drink before continuing his report, "In section 2, battery N's status is unchanged as is battery L. Battery E is remaining steady but the condition is questionable given the dampener issue. And the core is flowing at a controllable rate so once the dampener is restored then everything will he satisfactory" said Colin concluding his report. "Very well, the part is about to arrive, you are dismissed" said Eggman as Colin as handed the part.

"So my power supply may deplete when those three pass. Even with that loss, my mission will be unhindered" thought Eggman to himself as Lady Chaos entered the room. "Master Eggman, reporting for new orders" said Lady Chaos. Eggman brought himself together mentally and gave out the new orders, "Lady Chaos, I command you to escort a shipment to the Nest Egg Casino and oversee the installation of the contents." After receiving her new orders, Lady Chaos saluted and left to accomplish them.

(No updates since December!? Someone should remind me to write more often!)

Chapter 9 The Aerial Vixen

Three days had passed since Bunnie, Hershey and Marine failed to apprehend the contents of a shipment meant for The NestEgg Casino. Lupe was able to rescue them at the last second and since the girls have looked to her for leadership. "Girls! My brother's sleeve is missing! Have any of you seen it?!" Asked a very distraught Lupe. "Ah haven't seen it gurl" said Bunnie and Marine nodded no. Hershey was not in the room so Lupe went looking for her.

Lupe found Hershey in the ruins of a barn where she was hiding behind some broken off beams. "Hershey, have you seen my brother's sleeve?" Asked Lupe startling Hershey who screeched in surprise. After a second Hershey gathered herself and turned to Lupe. "Yeah, I have seen it. Sorry if I have upset you but I thought this would help inspire you" said Hershey as she pulled out the sleeve. Hershey had made Lupe a jacket with the sleeve attached and handed it over to the wolf.

Bunnie and Marine approached the pair in time to see Lupe staring at the jacket unsure of what to do. Hershey knew what she had to say, "Lupe, your brother wore that sleeve as a leader who had his team look up to and respect him. This jacket is a symbol, a symbol of our trust and respect. Wear it and lead us with pride. We need you and your leadership" Lupe looked at the three girls and saw that all three felt the same causing her to smile as she put on the jacket, thus a new leader had been chosen.

"Okay, I think we need a plan of action. We need to reach Downunda to rescue the girl I failed to protect. The empire will be watching the seas so we need another way to get there" said Lupe. Bunnie and Marine both started to think but Hershey quickly spoke up. "We could get there by air but who could fly us there?" It was now Bunnie's turn to speak up, "Ah think the aerial vixen could take us and she owes me one." With that information the group had a plan of action.

"The Vixen can be found in the airfield east of Robotropolis, but she isn't one who pays her debts willingly but with the right motivation she will pay up" said Hershey as Lupe drove the group towards their destination in the prison truck they had previously liberated. "Leave it to me! I'll make her help us!" Declared a very energetic Marine which caused the others to laugh. Hearing her friends laugh put Marine in a huff which could easily be realised by looking at her face.

The girls arrived at the air field where they saw a red plane. The plane had four wings and could only hold five passengers plus the pilot. Filling the plane with oil was a female fox in blue overalls. Lupe approached the fox and said "Excuse me, I am looking for the Aerial Vixen. Do you know where I can find her?" The fox finished up and looked at Lupe for a second, then she walked towards one of the hangers. "You found her, but I have nothing to talk to you about" said the fox as she shut the door behind her.

Lupe wouldn't leave it at that so she followed the fox to the hanger so she kicked the door in only to hear a shower. She waited until the shower ended and shouted "Vixen! We have come to collect on a debt and won't take no for an answer so lets talk" The hanger was silent for a few minutes until footsteps were heard on a sheet of metal. Walking on the sheet was a crimson red fox with her hair tied upwards. On her forehead she wore a set of green goggles. On her torso she wore a white t shirt with a green jacket which had a pilot's crest sown onto the left shoulder. From the waist to the ankles she wore black leather pants with a hole for her bushy tail. On her feet she wore a pair of flight shoes which seemed like a tight fit. The fox stopped and looked at Lupe, "I doubt pay my debts if I don't feel like it. And my name is not Vixen, it is Fiona" said the fox.

Chapter 10 The origin of the fight

Lupe stared at Fiona for a second then at Bunnie who walked forward towards Fiona. “Hello Fiona, it is time for yah to pay up on yah debt with me. Me and mah girls here need a ride to Downunda. Think yah can keep that rustbucket of yah’s in the air long enough to get there?” asked Bunnie in a mocking tone of voice. Fiona let out a laugh at Bunnie’s comment then said, “What a way to ask for a favour! And that rustbucket as you call it can travel around the world hundreds of times before you and your little team can even make a dent in Dr Eggman’s armor!” Fiona’s statement caused some anger to rise in Marine who picked up a near by wrench.

Bunnie and Fiona both let out a laugh knowing that the other meant their comments as a joke but their laughter came to an abrupt stop when Fiona was barely missed by a flying wrench which Marine had just thrown. “You think what we are doing is a joke!? We are trying to make a difference to this world! What about you huh!? I bet you are one of those idiots who pays the Egg-tax to ensure Eggman’s Protection! Ha that is the real joke because the only real danger is Eggman’s factories and all his toxic waste! Yeah so what if it gives people work and money!? If it kills our planet then why keep it!? I will stop Eggman! We will! You better keep your mouth shut when you fly us otherwise I will shut it for you! ‘cause the sooner we reach Downunda, the sooner we can achieve her dream!” ranted Marine with a clear sign of pure rage in her eyes.

Lupe and Fiona was shocked at Marine’s outburst but Bunnie and Hershey didn’t seemed phased. Hershey walked to Marine and gave her a hug which calmed the Raccoon down enough for Hershey to walk her outside to get some air. Once Hershey and Marine were out of the hanger, Bunnie let out a sigh. “Sorry ‘bout that, Marine is sensitive ‘bout our mission of taking Eggman down. Yah see about a year ago Marine and Hershey lived in a small village which had a small animal park. The park was run by my cousin Cream and her mum Vanilla. Marine and Cream were good friends and loved hanging around the animals. One creature they had was Cream’s pet Chao named Cheese, Chao are believed to be extinct now but back then only a few were left. One day Marine and Cream went for a walk into the forest with Cheese where they got separated and Cream ended up by one of Eggman’s factories. Some of the toxic waste hit Cheese and it became sick. Cheese kept getting worse and worse causing Cream to shut herself away and Vanilla to shut down the park to support her daughter” said Bunnie.

“Marine kept tryin’ to visit Cream only to be turned away until one day while Marine was there, Cream let out a loud cry which caused both Marine and Vanilla to rush to her. Sadly they discovered that Cheese had passed away, Marine was speechless for a moment but broke the silence by asking if Cream knew how Cheese got sick. It was at that moment,  Cream realised that Eggman’s toxic waste was the cause and started a political protest with her mother to alert the world that Eggman was the reason Chao were endangered. The village rallied around Vanilla as they prepared for their first protest but both Cream and Vanilla vanished the night before the protest. The village accused Eggman of kidnapping them and planned to confront him only to be seized as terrorists. Hershey managed to save Marine from capture and I gave them shelter. Marine told us the story and we began our little rebellion. So our mission could be in memory of Cream and Vanilla, that is why Marine was so upset. Will you forgive her Fiona?” asked Bunnie.

Lupe was shocked at the story she had just heard, which has given her a whole new reason to fight. Fiona just stood in silence as her head tried to process everything she had just heard. After a few minutes the Fox spoke, “Such a sad story for such a young girl. I hold no anger towards her, I can’t be mad because she doesn't deserve it. Bunnie, I will take you to Downunda but I will need time to prepare. You can stay the night here in my hanger and we will leave in the morning”. Bunnie and Lupe both nodded in agreement and both left the hanger to find Marine and Hershey. Now alone Fiona simply walked to a desk in a dusty corner of the hanger. She took out a book from a drawer, the book said “Tale of a Chao garden”. “All these years I thought this book was a work of fiction but, maybe she was telling me the truth after all” said the Fox as she cleaned the book and put it in a bag.

Bunnie and Lupe caught up with Hershey and Marine, both perfectly calm now and staring at the sky. “Marine how are you feeling now?” asked Lupe which caused Marine to sit up. “I am calm again now, sorry about that girls” said Marine. Lupe smiles and said “It is alright Marine, we understand why you reacted like that, Bunnie told me and Fiona the story” said Lupe which caused Marine to become depressed. “So you know now, I guess you had to find out eventually but..” said Marine until she stopped as Bunnie put her hand on Marine’s shoulder. “Marine, Fiona has agreed to take us to Downunda. She needs time to prepare and said we can stay with her tonight. Why down you go see if you can give her a hand” said Bunnie. Marine nodded and went to see if she could help.

As the Raccoon entered the hanger she saw Fiona packing some things into a bag. “Need a hand with anything?” asked Marine as she walked towards Fiona. “Marine? Oh yeah I could use a hand, you see that red box over there? Can you bring it to me?” asked Fiona as Marine nodded and collected the box. As she picked up the box Marine said “Thanks for helping us Fiona, I hope it isn’t because you feel sorry for me though” Fiona replied by saying “No it isn’t Marine. I owe Bunnie a favour and I need to pay that debt. All I needed was a good reason to and your story gave me one.” Marine was confused about what Fiona meant and as she handed Fiona the box she asked “What do you mean? And what favour did Bunnie do for you?”

As Fiona started to pack her tools into the red box she said, “ when I was little I was read stories from a book about Chao. I used to think it was all made up but now I know that it isn’t. So I will fly this world to find Chao, they can’t be all gone. As for My debt to Bunnie, when I was still learning to be a pilot I crashed my plane near her farm. She let me stay in her old barn and fix my plane there in secret. That is how I came to owe her but that isn’t the only time we have met”. Bunnie, Hershey and Lupe entered the hanger as Fiona finished. “Fiona do you mind if I prepare dinner for us now?” asked Hershey, Fiona nodded and pointed out the kitchen. Hershey made dinner for everyone  and the group went to bed.

Chapter 11; Redeye of the sky

Fiona gave the plane one last check to ensure everything was in working order. "Everything is working fine so get aboard girls" said Fiona which Bunnie and Marine quickly did in the back two seats. Hershey made sure all the gear was secured and got in one of the two middle seats. Lupe got in the co pilot's seat and waited for Fiona to board. Once she was in her seat, Fiona started the engine and began her take off. Five minutes later Fiona took flight and was on her way to Downunda.

The flight was going smoothly until a black plane approached Fiona's plane. "Unidentified plane, this is EEAPC1, state your objective" came over the radio to which Fiona gasped at the craft code they gave. she whispered to Lupe "That is Captain Redeye's craft code. We had better be careful" Hearing who it was caused Lupe concern but she kept her mouth shut.

"My name is Fiona Fox. I am heading to Downunda to visit some friends of mine" said Fiona to which caused the radio to go silent. After about a minute the black plane began to pull away and the words "carry on" came over the radio. It seemed Fiona had been given clearance to continue her journey.

The black plane went back on patrol and Fiona continued making her way to down unda. The rest of the flight went smoothly until another black plane passed by Fiona's Marine had a rock and saw the plane. She threw it and hit one of the turbines. The rock caused engine failure causing the plane to crash. "Mayday Mayday Under attck by plane classified as FF1" came over the radio causing the previous black plane to begin pursuit.

"Fiona Fox! This is Captain Redeye, pilot of the EagleEgg. You have attacked a member of my forces and are under arrest. Surrender now or I will be forced to shoot you down" said Redeye over the radio. Fiona knew she could not outrun Redeye so she made a choice and informed Lupe of her choice. "Lupe, you must bail out of this plane, if he finds you in my plane we all will pay heavy prices. I can attempt to outrun him by flying into the clouds. That will be your chance to bail out. Tell the others and get ready"

Lupe passed on the plan and got ready. Marine, Hershey and Bunnie were all ready and Lupe told Fiona. Fiona nodded and began her "escape attempt." Captain Redeye laughed and gave chase. When Fiona entered a cloud, The girls bailed out hidden from Redeye's view. Redeye shot into the cloud missing Fiona's plane by a whisker causing her to fly out of the cloud.

Redeye changed target and aimed for Fiona's left turbine and hit it with one shot causing Fiona's plane to start crashing. Angered by the damage to her plane Fiona decided to take Redeye down with her. She turned the plane arround and managed to fly above Redeye. In that moment she emptied her cargo bay onto the EagleEgg. Redeye managed to dodge the falling cargo but was blidesided by Fiona crashing her plane into the left side of the EagleEgg.

The two planes both fell downwards towards the ocean. Captain Redeye grabbed his radio and reported "This is Captain Redeye reporting trouble. Rogue pilot Fiona Fox has crashed into the EagleEgg.  Requesting pick up" The radio signal was picked up by Eggan  himself. Hearing the message Eggman sent out digital orders to all his forces. "Ignore request by Captain Redeye. Priority one locate the escapees" Once those orders were sent out Eggman laughed and left the room.