A list of God-modding

The Jest
By The Jest in Role-Playing Games,
First off, I'd like for a Mod or Admin to please stick this and the rules of RPing for me please. ...Or Pin if that's what it's called here. God-modding is a bit more detailed then invincibility, perfect accuracy, etc. There are higher and lower grades to god-modding. Some are practically kick-out worthy, some not too much to worry about unless in an absurd amount. ...I'm about to show you a list of these God-mods, made in a site dedicated to RPing, by skilled RPers. I'm going to also rank them from 1 to 5. 5 being the exact definition of God-modding and should NEVER be done...EVER. 1 being something that, if you see someone do it, it's not too much of a problem unless they start spamming it to hell. If there is a ? on a Rank. That means, I can't for the life rank it, need it be unsure of severeity, or just not knowing what it even means, and so I'll give it to you guys to rank. Types of Godmodders: 5- The very Definition of God-modding, these should never be allowed, and those who do it, should at least get a strike or massive warning by the GM. 4- While not as extreme, these causes concerns, and should be addressed. It should cause no problems should they never do it again. But if they do, they will of their own risk. 3- Right in the middle. It's certainly a cause for alarm, but not to be taken too seriously so long as the factors aren't extreme. These can also be pardoned, if the victim gave them permission to do this. 2- Not as light-hearted as ones, yet not as bad as the higher-ups. These are something to take a quick second glance at and that's it. They're not worth a strike or a warning unless they are taken to extreme heights 1- Do not worry about these ones at all. At worst, they're minor annoyances that bug people to death if spammed, but nothing too damaging to the RP, even if spammed. IF, by some god-forsaken reason they become extremely overused, that's when you have to say. "Alright, enough is enough, just stop." And should they refuse, increase it to level 2, and so on. ?- I cannot for the life of me rank these ones. Need it be because they're unclear, or because I'm unsure of the level it could cause. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- The people who never miss a single shot no matter how hard it is (Aim-botters). [5] The people who can't be hit or just shrug it off (god-modders). [5] The people who never are without a weapon and ammo (idkfa-ers). [4] The people who have absurdly strong powers (twinks). [5] The people who 'balance' their characters by having a massive but irrelevant weakness and massive powers (min-maxers). [4] The people who use Out Of Character knowledge to get an edge (Miss Cleos). [4] The people who do things in hindsight (McFlys). [?] The people who RP other people's characters for them (Puppetmasters). [3] The people who RP completely irrelevant things (Daydreamers). [2] The people who RP actions and time against others while the others aren't present OOC, but are IC (Shoe elves). [?] The people who ignore or alter RPs that they don't like (Revisionists). [3] The people who RP an absurdly time consuming sequence occurring between other people's actions (Speedhackers). [?] The people who play as characters that are completely impossible (Oxymorons). [4] The people who arbitrarily declare themselves the winner with instant death attacks (Baghdad Bobbits). [5] The people who've taken actions before they start RPing (Gaseous Snakes). [3] The people who pull-in elements that were approved in an unrelated RP (Augustines). [1] The people who use an existing persona and only RP them when it helps (Batmen). [?] The people who alter their character as needed for the situation (Zoicite). [1] The people who declare their IC threads safe, but readily attack others (NIMBYs). [4] The people who gain abilities as they need them with no prior exposure (Trinities). [4] The people who pick-up things that spawn from seemingly nowhere (Quakers). [?]
  • 13 replies