Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Admiral

The Cut string

2 posts in this topic

Have you ever fallen deep in love to where you could spend the rest of your life with that person then all of a sudden that special someone breaks up with you. how would you feel? and why?

I would hate myself. At least, that would be the absolute first thing I do after all the stages of grief. If the person I really loved broke up with me, I would not be angry at her, of course. I might get angry at someone near her, who maybe might not have wanted us together, but for the scope of this topic I'm just going to assume she independently came to the conclusion that she doesn't want to be with me.

First, just using the kind of person I am as a template and my psychological reactions to similar shocks, I'd say I'd be self-conscious very heavily, at least that's what happened at my last 'breakup' event. After a couple of months, it would depend on the way the breakup happened. If she stated a reason, I would try to fix it a bit too obsessively. It would probably change me for the rest of my life, though that goes without saying.

Of course, almost luckily human relationships don't work that way. They decline slowly for a short amount of time at least, then comes the breakup, at least giving you time to think. By the time you get to the breakup, the situation has led you to believe that maybe she is not the ideal person to be with after all. Sure, it's suffering, but a breakup immediately during a perfect relationship is not something that would ever come about without notice (bittersweet hooray)!