Shadow

Mario and Sonic at the Sochi Olympic Winter Games 2014

21 posts in this topic

Mario--Sonic-at-the-Sochi-2014-Olympic-Winter-Games_1369006969.jpeg

Hey everybody, this treat is dedicated to another sonic crossover game being release this year, Mario and Sonic at the Sochi Olympic Winter Games 2014.

Not much is yet known about this game, but you can discuss here what you would like to see and what you're expecting.

Also, I will make updates here every now and then.

----------

Here's something that I want to see with the game. More characters. 10 from both franchises is a good chunk already but I would like to see characters such as Cream, Espio (Better option that Vector in my opinion), and probably some characters from the mario rpg games. Sure, some of them are NPC's, but I want to play as them.

Ugh, yet another one? Seriously thats becoming Sonic's longest series and that just embarassing.

If anything I hope they will come up with something new and original. But then again, this is Mario game...

it says mario and sonic not sonic and mario you know what it means?

How many will there be. They better make big changes, and I mean BIG changes to the game. Otherwise, there's no point to it.

I've decided I would never put my money in anything so stupid. They could have done anything else but making them crossover for the Olympics. Also, I'm willing to bet most people who find the games "fun" never heard or would play Sega's ACTUAL Olympics game, you know, with real people? That proves that whatever money this series is making, is based more on the name brands then the games itself, and it also validates gamers who don't mess with E rated game or anything beyond GTA and COD.

I tried the link and got "This video is private." Someone doesn't want me to see it :(

Seems like they removed it, here is the correct one:

Some of it looks pretty similar to the last one. But overall it seems good enough for me, and I'll probably buy it.

Anyone notice that they seemed to focus more on Sonic than Mario?

Too bad I don't have a Wii U and I'm not planning on getting one anytime soon

Meh, Maybe Rayman Legend will make me change my mind ^_^

Just use a emulator. Still I am not interested in it as long as mario has a role in it.

Edited by NMS

I Want It :( I Will Buy a Wii U soon as Impossible. :rolleyes:

That's not ..... oh wait, They are planning to sell the 2Ds . Screw this nintendo , you are going too far . Your clients aren't sheeps !!!!

So now I have the game....aaaand in Figure Skating Pairs I can only have a female and a male. Looks like SEGA formed the game after the russian homophobic rights! *dadum schh*

The design and the stages are wesome. I really enjoy it, but the Legens Showdon and the adventure-boss-battles are a disaster. The last olymp. winter games were better, because the adventure was a whole story and not only a jump-from-stage-to-stage-to fight-a-shadow/ghost.

It will be boring, if the Mario & Sonic crossover will be going on. They should get more characters from other games or end this.

Only mixed gender pairs? There goes my chances of putting Yoshi and Silver together :P. Looks like someone needs to watch Blades of Glory. That gives proof that pairs of the same gender can work well

One more thing, is there an even selection of males and females to choose from for the pairing? Certainly from the previous M&S games there seemed to be a bigger selection of males. If this is the same, then it's not really a fair choice of partners

Only mixed gender pairs? There goes my chances of putting Yoshi and Silver together :P. Looks like someone needs to watch Blades of Glory. That gives proof that pairs of the same gender can work well

One more thing, is there an even selection of males and females to choose from for the pairing? Certainly from the previous M&S games there seemed to be a bigger selection of males. If this is the same, then it's not really a fair choice of partners

When you select a girl for example Rose, all the femalewindows to select are grey and can't be choosen, so you have only the males for example Yoshi.

If you select a boy for example Silver, the other characterwindows from males can't be choosen. Only the girlwindows.

At first I want Metal Sonic and Sonic but..nah...it doesn't work :/

With the girl/boy combination you have 4x16 (64) and thats a lot and so you....can create a freestyle-figure scating with Peach and Eggman! :P

It's an official regulation for pair figure skating in real life, so SEGA were probably made to adhere to their rules.

You can still go for a romantic sleigh ride in the same game.

It's an official regulation for pair figure skating in real life, so SEGA were probably made to adhere to their rules.

You can still go for a romantic sleigh ride in the same game.

Well in the London Games you have this Rhythmic Ribbon or Synchronized Swimming and the rules of the olympic games say, that only women can make this disziplin, but you can se you can choose in Mario & Sonic London male characters too. Now can we talk about adhere to the rules of the olympic games? :D

But yeah, I like Peach and Eggman dancing together or Amy and Wario. Best pair ever.

Edited by Centaur Man

Well in the London Games you have this Rhythmic Ribbon or Synchronized Swimming and the rules of the olympic games say, that only women can make this disziplin, but you can se you can choose in Mario & Sonic London male characters too. Now can we talk about adhere to the rules of the olympic games? :D

Female only excludes 16 characters, pairs having to be 1 male and 1 female excludes no characters, just makes things unbalanced.

Different circumstances.