BlurryDawgo

Mega Man (Comic Series)

408 posts in this topic

This issue being back some many from when megaman and bass work together and a preview of world collide except we can`t see sonic or tailsman faces.

One thought on MM #38...

This story keeps getting better, and since I wasn't able to play much Mega Man when I was a kid, I can read the stories without knowing what's next. The way Ian connected the future with the past with Xander just Bravo, I was expecting for Xander to appear in the past.

So, my thoughts on Issue #38:

This was a very enjoyable ride for me. Although most of the issue is arguably just Mega Man & X fighting the Wily Walker in their respective times, I am interested in learning how this will all play out in the end. I liked seeing Vile for the first time, and he's just as egotistical as I thought he'd be. Also, the foreshadowing to the MM3 arc and how Wily describes his backup plans (i.e. Doc Robot), as well as looking at just how much content is actually in the game itself, leads me to believe that the MM3 adaptation will be split into two arcs (8 issues). The real highlight of this issue, however, was Xander Payne's little time-warp.

Again, there's some MM3 foreshadowing with the Wily-powered Gamma, along with a look at 'Mega Man II' (Game Boy) with Quint attacking the Blue Bomber, followed by Wily being attacked by... someone who knows him? (Hmm... I'm intrigued by that one.) However, I especially enjoyed how it all went a bit off-course after that (at least, judging by Xander's reaction, it looked like something went wrong), leading to the Issue #20 event (Mega Man & Bass attacking the time-anomaly during MM10's events) and the biggest surprise by far, an event from Worlds Collide?! (Specifically, Mega Man and Sonic teaming up against Tails Man.) Like others, I'm quite surprised that this was referenced (albeit without actually showing Sonic, and only silhouetting Tails Man, as per the usual crossover rules) and while it may just be due to Xander seeing alternate events (as I said earlier, it looked like he went off-course a bit) it's still a neat little moment to me.

All of this, along with him arriving in X's time during the Wily Walker incident, actually makes me want Xander to remember everything he's seen. He now knows that robots continue to exist, and I'm sure when he finds out the details of the Reploids... hoo boy. Overall, I found this to be a delightful, action-packed issue.

So, when the Dawn of X 4 set is over... when will X comics return??

My thoughts:

The story is getting better. Xander traveling through alternate timelines was great

All the Dawn of X series ist pretty interesting. Spoilers for the new Mega Man 4 Saga, more easter-eggs (the coffe mugs!, Eddie, the codes, whichg Wily gave Mega Man (They are codes from MM7)).

I was expecting like...something like Worlds Collide, so that X and Mega Man meet each other, but it doesn't seem so. The only thing where the storylines have an equal part is to fight the Wily Walker (looks like the Wily Machine 3) and to have the problem with those Emerald Spears.

I love Vile. X and Zero are talking...a little lovely with each other (bromance da win) and Vile only say: Whao those guns <3 xD I really love that guy!

The other thing I really love is Dr. Wily himself. He is a great and complex character. Especially when I read MM36 and MM37. He was great. Despite that he accepts Dr. Lights excuse, he plans new things to beat the Blue Bomber. He is acting great. Ian Flynn is doing a great job!

Anybody have an idea, what happens with X and Zero after the Dawn??

time for spoilers! :D

http://board.sonicst...-14#entry905123

So the originals aren't going to appear because Wily said their unavailable, yeah, i don't think he even contacted them... Oh well... looks like Vile already hates X XD Can't wait to get the issue!

The normal cover still looks a bit disturbing to me... Just look where Rock's hand is! I know it's not supposed to be like that, but still!

Edited by Pearl98

Anybody have an idea, what happens with X and Zero after the Dawn??

Well the Dawn of X saga isn't ofer yet so...I don't have a answer for that. I am sorry!

@Pearl: I love Vile ("whatever..." - he do his own thing xD). Xander is about to attack X and X is like: WHUT?

...and the Short Circuit :'D

Capcom unity put up the first 2 pages of #39, so here they are:

482e6803bca6ce8fdf920de493a52040.jpg?v=130950

875c4b867898ea31994bc9cbd70973c8.jpg?v=130950

Poor Bright Man, he's powerless! Well, I was able to defeat him mega man buster only on Mega man 4 yesterday XD can't wait for the full issue on Wednesday!

Poor Bright Man, he's powerless! Well, I was able to defeat him mega man buster only on Mega man 4 yesterday XD can't wait for the full issue on Wednesday!

Is he doing SOMEthing? ....he is shining and...oh well run away. Cossack you had one job :'D

You'd think Bright Man would be able to come up with a good idea... ;P

You'd think Bright Man would be able to come up with a good idea... ;P

It wasn't a good idea! :'D

And to add, that Pharao Man is weak against Bright. Look how badass Pharao is and Bright: Uhm...what I am doing here? .-.

Full preview for MM #39 has come!

http://www.comicbook...review&id=22619

I actually thought for a second there that Dr. Light was holding the green chaos emerald XD It's not letting me see the pages zoomed in, so i can't read what they're saying! :(

Okay, i read them on a different site, and I seriously want to slap Wily across the face! Also, where are Elec man, Time Man and Ice Man's names on the list? Oh well, doesn't matter, there goes my hope on seeing them in this arc... nice reference to bolts being the currency in later Mega man games. I've got nothing to say about the X side so far.

(Off topic but oh hey, this is my 100th post XD)

Edited by Pearl98

Okay, i read them on a different site, and I seriously want to slap Wily across the face! Also, where are Elec man, Time Man and Ice Man's names on the list? Oh well, doesn't matter, there goes my hope on seeing them in this arc... nice reference to bolts being the currency in later Mega man games. I've got nothing to say about the X side so far.

Yes. I think Wily is briliant in his job to make readers angry. I think he just hasn't call the other Original Robot Masters yet and make that list, so that Light and the readers can see, which Robot Master he was contacting. As you see on the screen the time he was calling and finished the call.

And what doooo I see here: Mega Man 4 previews->Dreampair Wily and Cossack. Oh and sorry what about Snake Man, Wood Man, Charce Man, Strike Man, Spring Man and Pump Man? There usless too Wily and you created them ....so shut the f*ck up, for sayin' Bright man is useless :I

The 'Mega Man 3' adaptation continues! Here are the covers and solicitation for the upcoming Issue #42: "Legends of the Blue Bomber" Part 2!

1369249_ful.jpg1369250_ful.jpg

The battle rages on! Based on the legendary game Mega Man 3 comes 'Legends of the Blue Bomber,' Part Two. We've seen Mega Man battle Robot Masters before, but now see the fight unfold from the perspectives of the villainous robot adversaries themselves! Shadow Man recalls his humble beginnings and how they brought him to his deadly duel with Mega Man! Gemini Man is ready to ambush our hero with his hologram copies! But while the battle rages on, Break Man is behind the scenes on a mission of his... own - why is he hunting down Dr. Wily's first set of Robot Masters? Featuring all-new cover art from Patrick 'SPAZ' Spaziante, and part 2 of a 3-part connecting 'SUPER SMASH' collector cover set!

The 'Smash' variant is part of a 3-piece connecting cover (a la Sonic's 'Countdown To Chaos' and the upcoming 'Sonic Boom' Issue #1), along with Sonic The Hedgehog #266 and Sonic Universe #69, and I LOVE IT! It looks like each issue may be following 2 out of the 8 Robot Master fights in the game, and I like the idea of seeing it from their perspective for a change. And Break Man hunting down the 'Mega Man 2' Robot Masters... well, that could explain why they don't appear in the game (aside from Doc Robot, of course) but I think it might also show how Break Man later becomes the Proto Man we know today. What do you guys think?

Whoa whoa whoa whoa.... that is NOT the Smash version of Mega Man! But it still looks really awesome! It's kind of like taking Archie's Mega Man and putting him right into Smash.

Oh. My. God. DAT SHADOW MAN FACE! Its...khbsvkjbad *Centaur Man doesn't know what to say* its so badass! *jumping up and down from my seat* - I am sorry T~T

Well if Mega Man use the Flame Blaster it is from SSBB like you see here:

(Spoiler - Because of the not nice quote in there C: )

tumblr_muuh8u5c6g1shp1udo9_r1_500.gif

Spoilers for #40 have come,I'll post them later, but here are my opinions

Bright Man's no longer useless! I knew he wold be the one to actually knock the walker out! Although, he did freeze Pharoah Man too, referencing to Flash Stopper being his weakness. Nice cameo of Sonic at the end too! Can't wait for the full issue finally next week!

Edited by Pearl98

Solicits for #43 have arrived, no covers yet though.

MEGA MAN #43

(W) Ian Flynn (A) Gary Martin, POWREE (CA) Patrick Spaz Spaziante

The battle ain't over yet, and the legend has only just begun! Based on the renowned game Mega Man 3 comes 'Legends of the Blue Bomber,' Part Three. We've seen Mega Man battle Robot Masters many times before, but now witness the automaton insanity unfold from the perspectives of their creators! Magnet Man wonders if he's led his brothers astray as he prepares to stop Mega Man. Needle Man won't go quietly, instead choosing a battle on his own terms! Meanwhile, Auto makes a shocking discovery about Dr. Wily-but will he survive to report it?! Featuring all-new cover art from the legendary Patrick 'SPAZ' Spaziante and classic Capcom variant cover to complete your Mega-collection!

oh, and heres the link to the google Books preview of #40: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=DogXBAAAQBAJ&pg=PT16&lpg=PT16&dq=mega+man+comic+40+preview&source=bl&ots=Jn5-dkpzeT&sig=EjJ8ldfarNrvKxHrCYHtAiUYJf0&hl=en&sa=X&ei=1Ov1U4

I always thought the part that covered Pharaoh Man's mouth was part of his helmet... Although I did have a good laugh after seeing him without his helmet on XD

I have to put this picture in here:

A great mystery is solved - Pharao Man without his helmet :'D

d9r9zcrf.png

Lol to Pharao Man without his helmet. I was the same as Pearl. And "That" face...

I gotta say, I REALLY love how they set up the X series there. From Vile's dislike on X, X and Zero's friendship, Dr.Cain and Sigma, etc etc. They did a good job on placing the relationships and how that will create a stronger weight whenever the Day of Sigma and the X1 arc begins (if they get the go to start the X comic line).

Also.

datSigmaRapeFace~

Also.

datSigmaRapeFace~

NononononnopenenöNEIN Dx Please stop ;_; I will have nightmares

NononononnopenenöNEIN Dx Please stop ;_; I will have nightmares

9El9qv.jpg