BlurryDawgo

Mega Man (Comic Series)

408 posts in this topic

When do you guys think they will put the Stardroids into the story? They already had a small hint in #32, where Sunstar is shown at the end. I'm assuming it will be between either the 4 and 5 arc, or the 5 and 6 arc.

That does sound very far away though... I can't wait D:

I'm guessing after the Mega man 3 arc so around issue 50, I can't wait for the stardroids too since my favourite support unit only appeared in the same game (Well, other than his cameo in MM10) So he may debut at the end of the MM3 arc :D

Anyway, it's not as if they're going in the proper order the games are in, Super Adventure rockman takes place after MM5 in the games. The Stardroids are probably going to attack because of their fallen brother (Shadow Man)

Oh, look what Paul Kaminski put on his twitter

tumblr_n4lt3gHWpU1rl0hyqo1_1280.jpg

Edited by Pearl98

Oh, look what Paul Kaminski put on his twitter

tumblr_n4lt3gHWpU1rl0hyqo1_1280.jpg

Hell yeah! Can't wait 'til this happens!

And I have a feeling we will never look at the comic the same way again.

When do you guys think they will put the Stardroids into the story? They already had a small hint in #32, where Sunstar is shown at the end. I'm assuming it will be between either the 4 and 5 arc, or the 5 and 6 arc.

That does sound very far away though... I can't wait D:

Me too, I love the Stardroids!

We have seen in MM 32 Sunstar and well...in the timetravel thing in MM 20 Terra (my favourite character C: ). The guy who is destroyed by Mega Man X on the Cover of MM 38 looks really like Venus, but it is only a guess.

Mega Man V is in the storyline of the games somewhere between Mega Man II and IV. In the Mega Man Gigamix chapters the Stardroids aren't only lazy bosses like the normal Robot Masters and Mega Man had to beat them in a really hard way, so I think the Stardroids will not be so easily than Ra Moon.

One thing bugs me though: In last issue Flash Man said that he learned to "spare individual targets". Except that during Blackout we've seen that his power works more like laser that area effect like in games. Whats weirder is that "Quick Man insisted". You could argue that he didnt want to freeze his allies as well, a) in games all of them except for Quick Man b ) that is a bad strategy c) If he's not the only one to be stopped by it then why Quick Man has problem with Time Stopper? In games he took damage from it but we saw that not case in comic.

I think Flash Man mentioned with that sentence Quick Man and Mega Man and the other Light Robots, when there was a fight in MM issue 29/30. Flynn changed the fights and the weakness from the Robot Masters of II (example: Bubble Mans weakness is not the Leaf Shield and in the comics Bubble Man is destroyed by Wood Mans shield).

Edited by Centaur Man

I can't post pictures from my phone... so, I'll just say what the variant ending for MM #36 is

The MM3 robot master arrive at Wily castle 3

Quick Man: "Yo! Our victorious brothers are back! Somebody help Spark Man and Needle Man with their energy elements! ....Anybody but Crash Man!"

Quick Man's looking at the energy element Magnet Man got

Quick Man: "How'd it go?"

Magnet Man: "Flawlessly, the master got to act like a victim to earn the public's trust. We have the energy elements, and Mega Man was made to look like a fool.

Quick Man: "Ha! I wish I could've been there!"

Magnet Man: "How's construction coming along?"

Quick Man: "Right on schedule--- Which's too slow for me. but whatever. We'll be ready for the doc when he starts the kid on his wild goose chase

Break Man appears

Break Man: "Good." "I look forward to being there for Mega Man's FINAL CHALLENGE!"

Like I said yesterday, I prefer the Variant ending over the normal ending

Edited by Pearl98

I can't post pictures from my phone... so, I'll just say what the variant ending for MM #36 is (...)

Like I said yesterday, I prefer the Variant ending over the normal ending

Uh can you not make a screenshot and save it on the computer? Dx

Well I prefer the Variant Story too, but it will not avariable on the Archie App.

For the first time in like forever, we have spoilers before the actual release!

jtkuna.jpg

2n6aqgj.jpg

r293pk.jpg

14m9px4.jpg

f0wzls.jpg

2hgh214.jpg

Now for the full story:

The issue opens in the future where X is being attacked by two humans calling him "the demon template." They shoot high-powered weapons at him, but the blasts miss and he's able to disarm one of them, telling them that they could've killed someone. In response, the other guy says that he won't miss again and takes aim at X, but Zero teleports in and relieves him of his boomstick in the nick of time. X thanks Zero for the save and he suggests that they turn them into the police. On the way, the goons are revealed to be members of the Emerald Spears, a name which X is unfamiliar with, but Zero knows only as "some kind of ancient cult of robophobes." X starts to wonder what could've happened back in the day that would've made them so afraid of his kind...

Cut to the present where Rock, Pharaoh Man, and Bright Man teleport into a mesa with a giant rocky cliff in the middle. Pharaoh Man then activates a secret entrance and they head in. As it turns out, this was the only lab of Wily's that wasn't impounded when he was banned from robotics and it's where he believes the rogue MM3 numbers escaped to. (He reasons that since Ra Moon built the Masters using his files, they might have that location as a fallback position.) Back at Light Labs, Thomas asks why this particular secret lab was left alone, to which Wily reveals that it was too dangerous to disassemble. Wily then reassures Thomas that everything in it should be too old to be of any danger to Rock and crew now while thinking to himself about it really being a deathtrap that he plans on eliminating Mega Man in using something called a "Wily Walker" (And even if it fails, the MM3 Masters should have his new base constructed by then.) Thomas thanks Cossack for lending him his RMs to which he slyly replies that it'd be great exposure for his science academy to "clean up a Wily mess." Wily then bites back by mentioning Kalinka's nightmares thanks to Ra Moon, which gets Cossack so mad that he accidentally breaks the handle off of his logo-emblazoned coffee mug that Roll gives him. Roll is able to catch the coffee before it spills to which Cossack thanks her and then he says that Kalinka sleeps better these days now that she doesn't have "monsters and mad scientists to worry about."

Meanwhile, at the Chronos Institute, Krantz and Stern meet with Dr. Kouin, one of the head researchers, who called them because he believes that a "Mr. Wells" that he took in a while ago is really "a wanted fugitive." It turns out he was right, as he's revealed to be none other than Xander Payne! Krantz and Stern try to apprehend him, but he activates the institute's prototype "Time Skimmer" and jumps in, hoping to go back in time to eliminate "the robot problem" at the source. He disappears in a flash of pink light.

Back at the mesa, after only dealing with false threats from a few Battons and a chasm so far into the lab, Mega Man reasons that the MM3 numbers probably aren't there and they should head back. However, the three are suddenly met by a HUGE robotic spider in the middle of another room. Pharaoh Man reveals that it's still on stand-by despite all the time it's been down here. Back to the lab, Wily reveals that the monstrosity is his "Wily Walker," a weapon that he built to get sponsorship from the military long ago armed with anti-personnel, anti-armor support, and a payload of decay-resistant chemical weapons. Cossack questions why ON EARTH he'd think to put chemical weapons in the thing, but Wily says it was just to show the versatility of his creation and that he planned on disarming it afterwards, but got arrested before he could. He says that they have to shut it down carefully and gives Mega Man and crew what "he believes" to be the shutdown code only for it to activate, causing it to attack. Rock and Pharaoh Man try to fight it, but don't make a dent. The creature tries to pierce a frazzled Bright Man, but Rock pushes him away, leaving himself to take the full attack.

Flash forward to the future where Dr. Cain has invited X to the very same mesa where him and his Reploids have unearthed a new discovery, revealing that they've found the antiquated remains of the Wily Walker, with Mega Man's helmet pierced under one of its legs. The issue ends.

Now for my thoughts so far:

Ah, I thought those were Emerald Spears that were attacking in the future! Chronos Institute? WHERES TIME MAN? XD Okay, so how many times has Rock been badly hurt so far? Seriously, I would've let Bright Man take the blow (hey, I still like Bright Man, he's an electric robot master, so why wouldn't I?) Wow, Dr.Cain took those words right out of my mouth on the last page XD I can't wait to read the full issue!

Oops, I forgot the page with Xander and the short circuits... XD (I was in a hurry this morning so I missed them)

aloms8.jpg

25kqtyc.jpg

Okay, it was a bad pun, but the short circuits made me laugh my head off XD

Edited by Pearl98

You copied it from the Sonic Stadium webside eh? :P

Well I LOVE the Off Panel. X Facepalm.

Some people already got the issue, but no preview pages are online and no MM37 in the store.

Guys, MAJOR SPOILERS. Maybe this does it better than I do.

The PULSE-POUNDING CONCLUSION to the latest crossover MEGA-event from Archie comics is here! "DAWN OF X" Part Four: The time-traveling adventure reaches its explosive finale as the mystery of Mega Man’s confrontation with the rogue Wily robot is revealed! X and the Maverick Hunters have their final showdown with the mechanical monsters! And Xander Payne’s fate comes to a startling conclusion! Don’t miss this crossover between iconic eras, with a SHOCKER-ENDING that will blow your mind! Featuring all-new cover art from Mega-artist supreme PATRICK "SPAZ" SPAZIANTE and a time-spanning variant cover by Colin Lawler!

The covers are taking a really long time to load for me -_- Just saw the variant, and I can only name a few enemies on the cover XD The only ones i can name are Cut Man, Yellow Devil, Mecha Dragon, Air Man and Pharaoh Man. Is that Solar Man I see near Mecha Dragon? You can't see his head...

I didn't even see Bright Man and Bomb Man before XD Does the normal cover look awfully familiar to anyone else? I think it was WC part 11's cover? Well, they are both done by the same artist

Edited by Pearl98

...You know what? I really don't feel like putting up my usual updates for a third time, so I'll let you have this one to yourself, BlueBlur. Instead, I'll just post the covers:

3836773-megaman_40.jpg3836775-megaman_40var.jpg

...You know what? I really don't feel like putting up my usual updates for a third time, so I'll let you have this one to yourself, BlueBlur. Instead, I'll just post the covers:

Dam! I was too late :'P

Edit: Blue Blur already has the spoilers of MM #40. Uh a lot of work to do if I can list all characters of the Variant Cover.

Edited by Centaur Man

Got issue 37 today:

-X and Zero clean house! And Zero has some great dialogue (Robo-Phobes. Ha!}and has fun with the Emerald Spears goons.

-Megaman, Pharaohman and Brightman search an abandoned Wily base.

-Wily "helps" the bots get through the base, while Dr. Cossack still doesn't trust 'em.

-Wily: "How's your daughter, by the way?" Cossack: SNAP!

-Krantz and Stern investigate Chronos Institute. Xander is there.

-Xander goes 88 mph and see's some serious sh!t. (Well... Not yet.)

-Megaman and crew come across Wily Walker, accidentally wake it up(Wily gave them the wrong activation code) and fighting ensues.

-MEGAMAN!! (Oh, he's fine...)

-X visits Dr. Cain. Cain wants to show him a relic from Dr. Lights time. Dun Dun Duuuun!!

I love the way Ian has written the X cast. I REALLY want to see them in their own comic now. Also, an interesting story. Can't wait to see how it all plays out.

Edited by SilentBobX

Their not loading on my phone so it looks like I'm going to wait until I get home read them :( also, I'm pretty sure robots can't eat cake XD

I've read them, and I couldn't help but laugh at the 2nd last panel on the classic mega Man part XD I guess Pharaoh Man didn't warn them fast enough XD And as I thought, I'm already loving Bright Man! can't wait to read the full issue

Also, someone on Bumble King said they saw Eddie with Auto... Could that confirm MM4's coming after MM3 and before MMV?

Edited by Pearl98

Also, someone on Bumble King said they saw Eddie with Auto... Could that confirm MM4's coming after MM3 and before MMV?

I've checked the storyline of the games and Mega Man V is between MM3 and MM6, so there is a large margin.

Eddie? Uh okay, but well some characters are "born" before the story of their games were in the comics (like Plant Man).

(...) I'm pretty sure robots can't eat cake XD

But LOOK AT HIM :'D He is so fat!

Heres a review of MM #37 (contains spoilers! but more panels, not the full comic though), heres the link:

http://www.themmnetw...-timely-heroics

*face desk while laughing my head off* What the reviewer said after the second last pic was an amazing reference i've got to say XD (3 guns shots shooting at someone/people sound familiar?) oh hey, theres Eddie, just not finished XD I might stay up late and wait for comic to come on comixology, I'll post spoilers then.

Since i'm reading the issue now, i'll put some small things up while i read.

- Am I seeing things? i don't think i am, I see a certain time robot master behind Gil and Rosy at one point, I thought we'd see him at one point in the issue :D

- "AAH AAH! I'm sorry! i'll leave the puns to Cut Man!" `-Bright Man I always knew Bright Man would be the Cossack robot master version of cut Man XD

- MEGA MAN! Basically, I have the same expression as Bright Man in that panel

the comics really good, and it has some funny small parts like Auto dropping his screwdriver in Eddie, Wily yelling at Cossack while mega man and Bright Man try not to laugh while Pharaoh just rolls his eyes... XD And this is what? the 5th timr time Man has only had an appearance in a panel in a issue? Maybe he will have a bigger appearance later...

Edited by Pearl98

I really enjoy this comic:

First: The great Off-Panel/Short Circuit:

ourc9j7i.png

Seriously? Xander again? Geeze, he never gives up so easily! Time Man, where are you in this time?! You are working on this place!

Meanwhile Pharao Man is surroundet by idiots. His face expressions are hilarious. Well Bright Man is not my favourite one on the Cossack numbers but well.. I hope Toad or Skull Man will have a camero in the Crossover!

And Wily and Cossack...did I see here some parallels with Mega Man 4? :P Poor Light and poor Roll, they are between the two grumpy professors. And is that Auto with Eddie? YES it is Eddie!

In the X wolrd: Zero...wtf why are you so large?! The humans are in a comparison children!

And what a cliffhanger - Can't wait for MM38 Dx

A topic about Fire man being "left in the cold" came up on Bumble King, so i was thinking on mentioning it here.

It seems fire man has always had very little appearance in any game or the cartoon, and look at how many comics he's appeared in! His had only about 3-5 lines in the comics so far, having not talked since #12 (As well as time man) I honestly think time man gets less love than him, as he's had very little lines and appearances (not counting small appearances like in #31 and #37) Time Man's my 5th favourite robot master while Fire man's my 10th, but it could change if they appear again soon. I've been thinking of changing my favourites since i've started like oil man, Plant Man and Bright Man, but i'm not taking Fire Man and Time man off my list yet.

You never know though, Fire man may have a big appearance in the next arc, and Time man could appear when Xander comes back the present (That is, if he does)

A topic about Fire man being "left in the cold" came up on Bumble King, so i was thinking on mentioning it here.

(...)

You never know though, Fire man may have a big appearance in the next arc, and Time man could appear when Xander comes back the present (That is, if he does)

Aaaaaaaaaaand....what is the big deal about that? I am sorry, but I can't understand why there is this discussion about Fire Man? Does the Soniccommunity care about Marine? (She had only 2 appearances) No.

It is a really stupid reason to grouse. I can't understand the Bumbleking community in this point. I think as long as the Robot Master are rebuilt from Light and Wily and not complete destroyed (like after every Mega Man game) it is okay.

And for Flynn I think it is reaaaally hard to put EVERY Robot Master in the spotlight. There are over 100 Robots in this Universe!

Spoilers time!

The issue opens in 21XX where X and Dr. Cain have found the remains of the Wily Walker. While unearthing it, they discover that part of it is still active. The doctor wants to recover data from that part, so he starts fiddling with it. X warns him about activating possible defense systems, but Cain isn't afraid since the evidence points to the location CLEARLY being a research lab and no one would build such a massive weapon just to drop it down a hole. However, he's shown to be wrong when the thing reactivates and almost flattens him. X saves him in the nick of time, but has trouble fighting the monstrous mecha-spider off with just his buster. As the thing starts to make its leave, Cain orders X to get the excavation crew and tourists above ground out of harm's way. X agrees, saying that he'll also try to hold it off as long as he can, and tells the doctor to phone Hunter HQ so they can get someone on this. Cain says that he will and that he'll also continue his dig through the site, hoping to find something that will help in stopping it.X heads back to the site's entrance where Samantha tells him that she pulled the emergency lever the instant she spotted the thing coming out, so the tourists should be able to get away safely. The Wily Walker then blows a hole in the entrance to make its escape and starts heading towards the city. X takes off after it. Back to Cain, he contacts Sigma and informs him of the situation. Sigma then puts Zero, Vile, and their units on the job and tells them to head out to meet X. Speaking of, X is having a hard time making a dent in the Wily Walker, which just drops explosion after explosion in his path. Zero and Vile come to X's rescue (Vile admiring the Walker's arsenal and Zero making a joke about it making the purple ego feel inadequate) and send the rest of their units to harass the behemoth from a distance, opting to leave the main assault to themselves. X wants to help, but Zero suggests that he let the pros handle it from here and go back to check on Cain at the mesa. Back at said mesa, Cain unearths a small capsule, but isn't sure what it is. He says that he has to figure out what exactly happened so long ago.

Back to the past, after Rock's helmet is pierced, Bright Man thinks that he's fallen, only to be surprised when the now helmetless Blue Bomber resurfaces completely unharmed and shoots the Wily Walker directly in the face. Since he survived Ra Moon, he's not looking to get taken out so easily by this thing, so he gets back in contact with Wily and informs him of what just happened. Wily gives him another code, but that just opens the lab's doors to the outside, giving the thing an escape route to reek some havoc. Wily apologizes and says that it's been SO long that he simply got the codes mixed up, but the Wily Walker completely destroys the command console before Rock can try any additional combinations. Back at Light Labs, Wily tells Rock to hang in there (Secretly thinking about it not mattering if the Wily Walker destroys him or not due to his back-up schemes) and Light tells him that they'll work as fast as they can to find a solution. Back to Rock and crew, after realizing that letting a robotic monstrosity armed with chemical weapons out into public isn't a great idea, the Blue Bomber causes a cave-in, trapping the three bots in the lab with the thing.

Meanwhile (I guess), Xander floats through the time stream in a daze. After being shown several events in the near future such as Wily taking over Gamma and Quint attacking Rock, he find himself in the exact point in the future where Rock and Bass shoot the time anomaly in Rock of Ages. After remembering making his little time escape, he tells them not to shoot the thing, but has no effect on the event and finds himself flung to another point in the future as a result. THIS point was when Rock fought a certain two-tailed robot with a certain Blue Blur's help. After being surprised by the talking animal helping Mega Man, Payne is flung to another time yet again, only this time, he's physically there rather than just viewing it. He finds himself on a highway overlooking the battle between Zero, Vile, their units, and the Wily Walker. Xander is in 21XX, which leads him to believe that he's in a time where the robot apocalypse has finally come.\

Theres too many pics to post, so heres where to find them:

http://board.sonicst...-14#entry895960

My thoughts so far

Good to see Rock's okay, though it was kinda obvious he was only going to lose his helmet. Wily Walker's loose, yeah, i think this is the time to start panicking 0.0 Now rock and the Cossack Bots are trapped, I'm not going to say anything, but if their saved by the originals, i'm just going to say i called it back when #39's preview came out XD

Edited by Pearl98

Spoilers time! (...)

Lucky you! Dx

But it's Vile /^o^/ The Boba Fett in the Mega Man universe!

And where is my bromance?! <_<

jbvcyi22.png

And Xanders journey...can't wait for MM 38 - It's so awesome! Especially the Short Circuit!

the wait is finally over, the Mega man 3 arc is next! :D

1363017_ful.jpg

1363016_ful.jpg

(W) Ian Flynn (A) Gary Martin & Various (CA) Vince Riley

SCRIPT: Ian Flynn ART: POWREE, Gary Martin, John Workman, Matt Herms Movie Poster Variant Cover: Vince Riley The ALL-NEW storyline begins here! The epic adaptation of the legendary game, MEGA MAN 3, begins with 'Legends of the Blue Bomber' Part One: We've seen Mega Man battle Robot Masters plenty of times before, but now witness the mechanical madness unfold as only the Masters' masters see it! Get a birds-eye view of battle from the lens of the great (and not-so-great) Doctors that have created our heroes and menaces! As this unfolds, Top Man plans for his elegant 'last dance' with Mega Man, while Snake Man prepares his amphibious ambush! But how is this all playing into Dr. Wily's hands? Find out in this battle royale you definitely won't want to miss out on! Featuring new cover art from PATRICK 'SPAZ' SPAZIANTE, plus an awesome 'movie poster' variant from Vince Riley!

Realease date: September 17th

POWREE's doing the pencils? I really can't wait! and it's coming out on the week of my birthday! :D

Edited by Pearl98