BlurryDawgo

Mega Man (Comic Series)

408 posts in this topic

Hey guys, lets talk about the Blue Bomber now. Will Mega Man comics still be posted after Worlds Collide?

1 person likes this

Hey guys, lets talk about the Blue Bomber now. Will Mega Man comics still be posted after Worlds Collide?

Well, it is a comic series by Archie, so I'd be surprised if they didn't post more Mega Man comics after Worlds Collide, especially since they posted all the Mega Man comics before the crossover.

1 person likes this

they posted all the Mega Man comics before the crossover.

It's a good thing they did, because I didn't understand half the things going on with Mega Man, so I looked back through the Mega Man comics before the crossover

1 person likes this

I read the megaman issues before the first part of the crossover

I kind of enjoy the Mega Man comics and was wondering how good they are actually doing. I want it to keep going strong, but that can't really happen without alot of support from people o:

At first I didn't like them but they became much better as they went on. Now it's really good :D

At first I didn't like them but they became much better as they went on. Now it's really good :D

I completely agree with you. It took me a while to get into it for that reason.

Since this topic isn't getting much love, I thought I'd just post a little brainstorm I just had:

Thanks to STH#250's teaser for events Post-WC, along with the previews of Countdown To Chaos, we now know that Sonic's world will essentially 'die' (semi-reboot), while Mega Man's world will essentially 'live' (continue as normal). But what if there are some minor changes, equivalent to the changes that Sonic's world had from the original Genesis Wave? Maybe it could be a good excuse to allow Bass to be properly introduced earlier than we expect him to (e.g. he might be created sometime just after Mega Man 3's adaptation, in an original comic arc, rather than being created just before MM7's adaptation). It's unlikely to happen, but what do you guys think?

(Assuming this topic is still worth talking about...)

Well there is a rip in space and reality already, so it wouldn't be a bad idea. Besides, if I'm correct, Sonic knew what happened the first time with the genesis wave, so maybe Megaman could remember everything too. Making Bass his later introduction even pointless because Megaman already beat him (Comic not out yet, but we know they will be beaten eventually)

Sonic remembered because he remembered what happened before the g-wave the first time. Seeing as they started to remember before this g-wave when Shadow chaos controlled, they may remember the events that took place. Hmm, I wonder what Break man/Proto man will be thinking when it is all over

Well there is a rip in space and reality already, so it wouldn't be a bad idea. Besides, if I'm correct, Sonic knew what happened the first time with the genesis wave, so maybe Megaman could remember everything too. Making Bass his later introduction even pointless because Megaman already beat him (Comic not out yet, but we know they will be beaten eventually).

Sonic remembered because he remembered what happened before the g-wave the first time. Seeing as they started to remember before this g-wave when Shadow chaos controlled, they may remember the events that took place. Hmm, I wonder what Break man/Proto man will be thinking when it is all over.

Hmm... I dunno. While it would be interesting to see Break Man's reaction to the crossover events (even though I don't remember him getting caught in Shadow's Chaos Control), I personally don't think the stories would be as entertaining if Mega Man knew exactly how to beat Dr. Wily every single time. Besides, didn't 'Rock of Ages' already give Mega Man hints of upcoming events? Then again, we won't know until 'Blackout' begins next month. And hey, at least it looks like Break Man might revert back to the good side earlier than the Mega Man 3 adaptation...

Time to bring this topic back to the top (of the comics page, at least)! Here's the new cover, variant and solicitation for Issue 32 (The Finale):

C9AUGrO.pngvuaBsG6.png

"Curse of Ra Moon" Part Four: The startling, jaw-dropping conclusion to this MEGA-EPIC story is here! The tables have turned as the evil Dr. Wily and his sixteen Robot Masters stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Mega Man! But the ominous alien known as RA MOON still threatens the lives of both the heroes AND the villains! Who will survive and what will become of them? Can their combined power overcome Ra Moon? One thing is certain—there's no way our hero will be walking away from this one unscathed! Featuring an all-new cover art from Mega-art-guru Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante and an awesome new "payback" variant cover from artist POWREE (Sandra and Woo)!

Payback Time indeed! It's gonna be interesting to see the MM2&3 Robot Masters working WITH the Blue Bomber, that's for sure! What are your thoughts, guys?

I sure hope Mega Man destroys Ra Moon the exact same way as he did in the Japanese-only game the arc is based on (deploying 2 Mega Busters at the same time and firing charged shots from both).

Hey guys! We have a new cover and solicitation for the epilogue to 'Blackout'. Enjoy: (No variant cover yet, I'll add it in when I can.)

2dh74uw.jpg

The critically acclaimed Mega Man series continues with the dramatic, action-packed epilogue to the 'Blackout: The Curse of Ra Moon' storyline in, 'Unplugged'! The battle against the sinister alien being known as Ra Moon has ended, and Mega Man's final fate remains in doubt! With major repairs looming, and Rock's future as a super fighting robot in question, Dr. Light must work to restore our hero to his former glory. This may be a job that even Dr. Light can't handle, but at least he's got some help from his trusty pal Dr. Wily... Wait! Why on earth is the evil scientist helping to save the Blue Bomber? And how far will Dr. Wily go to remain free? Featuring cover art from Brent McCarthy and a special variant cover from Mega Man artist supreme Patrick 'SPAZ' Spaziante!

Well, judging by that end part, I'd say that the MM3 adaptation may happen sooner than I expected. What are your thoughts, guys?

Edited by NegaMetallix

Hum , I thiugh they were adapting the Game boy episode first .... oh well . At the very Least I just can't wait to see how they'll handle "X" And "Zero" stories. Think it will be a spin off or a full fledged arc ?

At the very least I just can't wait to see how they'll handle "X" And "Zero" stories. Think it will be a spin off or a full fledged arc?

Well, Ian Flynn has expressed how much he really wants to do a Mega Man X side-series, similarly to Sonic Universe. But he's also said that it probably won't happen for a while, and it would also require many, MANY people reading and enjoying the current Mega Man comics (which shouldn't be too hard, after the crossover). Edited by NegaMetallix

Ah yes. But with all the megaman game existing, it should not be too..... Oh god. It only came back to me now.... In before Megaman legend Spin off.

Hmm... I dunno. I personally think that Legends would work better as an anime-esque show than a comic book. But that's just me...

They somehow put Sailor moon in sonic once, So Megaman legends would not be a problem at all for Archie, The master of Crazy Crossover.

I... suppose. Even so, Legends is set far beyond Classic OR X's timelines, to the point where the X-Buster is nothing more than a toy. But hey, this is Archie we're talking about, so who knows? (On another note, are you serious with the Sonic/Sailor Moon thing?! Er... I don't think I'll be looking into that anytime soon ever.)

(Oh, hey. The Mega Man comics topic has finally reached the second page. Time to celebrate! ...Ok, I'm done.)

You don't believe me do you? There.

ArchiePunisher.jpg

After that, They can do whatever they want, it will never be as good as this.

And If you keep on that way, I'll throw in some Tuxedo Knux. along with the sonic-sabrina Crossover.

And for A toy, the X buster still pack his punch. Look at what it did to tron bonne.

1 person likes this

Oh, it's not that I never believed you. It's that I didn't want to believe it. I already knew about the Archie/Punisher and Sonic/Sabrina crossovers, as well as the Sonic/Image Comics crossover, so I had a feeling that a Sonic/Sailor Moon crossover wouldn't be impossible. Either way, it seems... odd.

(Sorry if I sounded like a jerk from all that. That wasn't what I was going for.)

Anyway, back on topic (Mega Man-wise, at least). I see what you mean about the X-Buster, seeing as it is required to create one of the more powerful weapons in Legends. Also, now that you mention Tron Bonne, who's your favourite character from the Legends games?

Edited by NegaMetallix

hum to be fair.... I can't seem to choose between tron bonne, her gigantic army of robot, Roll, and the little cop who tries her best to catch tron in her spin off game. (She was so clumsy it was cute.)