BlurryDawgo

Mega Man (Comic Series)

408 posts in this topic

the only complaint i have for xander is that he had so much potential as a great human enemy against robots but archie's wasting it.

THANK you. I mean I loved Xanders idea in MM22 on silvester and well in my opinion he should act like a Mafia-boss who has many connections on people who are also against the Robot Masters and then strike against Mega Man.

The whole thing in Dawn of X was a big facepalm. I mean: Come ON? A kid could see that this was the future and not the past. He would know that, because if he really hates the robots so bad he would have done some reserch right?

Here it is, folks. The last solicitation and covers for Mega Man before his supposed hiatus. This is the preview for issue #55, "Everlasting Peace":

Megaman55.jpgMegaman55var.jpg

THE MEGA-EPIC, MEGA-MOMENTOUS LAST ISSUE OF MEGA MAN BEFORE HIATUS IS HERE! “Everlasting Peace”: When an experiment at the Chronos Institute goes awry, Dr. Light is sent on a journey through time and space! Join us as we follow Mega Man across the ages and learn what it really means to be “Mega Man”! What legacy will the Blue Bomber leave and what will Dr. Light gain from this epic journey? Find out as we take a historic glimpse into the legendary adventures of Mega Man featuring the worlds of Mega Man, Mega Man X and even further beyond for the FIRST TIME EVER with the worlds of Mega Man Zero, Mega Man ZX and Mega Man Legends! Featuring cover art by the legendary Patrick “Spaz” Spaziante and a really rocking “ROCK MAN” variant cover by long-time Mega Man artist Ryan Jampole!

I don't know what to think at this point. On the one hand, it's cool to know that we'll be getting a glimpse into some more Mega Man timelines (Zero, ZX and Legends). On the other hand, the interview with Vincent Lovallo and Ian Flynn really doesn't make things sound good for the Blue Bomber's future. What do you guys think?

(Also, I'm willing to bet 1,000,000 Zenny that the last thing Dr. Light sees on this time-travel-trip is Megaman Volnutt stuck on the moon. Poor guy...)

A lot of people over at Rockman Corner predict the megaman comics is going to be cancelled because that's kind of the vibe this cover is giving off. 

Also I know they want to go through megaman's history but shouldn't Battle Network, Star Force, and X-over fall in the timeline if not X-over since he's apparently at the last of both timelines.

A lot of people over at Rockman Corner predict the megaman comics is going to be cancelled because that's kind of the vibe this cover is giving off. 

Also I know they want to go through megaman's history but shouldn't Battle Network, Star Force, and X-over fall in the timeline if not X-over since he's apparently at the last of both timelines.

Yeah, it certainly seems like they're silently canning it, rather than pausing it. But I'll wait until official confirmation before going any further on that opinion.

As for the other series: Battle Network and Star Force are both set in an alternate universe/timeline (a world where computers are the ultimate technology, rather than robots) so it wouldn't really make sense for Dr. Light to witness these events if he's simply travelling through his timeline (Classic-Legends). And X-Over is... just a mess. It's story, from what I understand, is just a 'What-If' scenario where most of the series' villains (Dr. Wily, Sigma etc.) join forces to take over all timelines. I'm pretty sure it's considered non-canon at this point, and adding it to this comic issue (along with the other two series you mentioned) would just take up too much space, I think.

Um, isn't everything outside of Original Megaman,X, and Zero unrelated and non-canon?

Um, isn't everything outside of Original Megaman,X, and Zero unrelated and non-canon?

Not to my knowledge. From what I understand, there's two at least two different Mega Man timelines.

The first/main one is where robots became the next step in technology, which basically goes like this:

'Classic' Series (MM1-10) > 'X' Series (X1-8) > 'Zero' Series (Z1-4) > 'ZX' Series (1 & Advent) >>>>> 'Legends' Series (MoTB & L1-2)

Then there's the alternate timeline, where comptuters are the dominating technology:

'Battle Network' Series (BN1-6) > 'Star Force' Series (SF1-3)

I would list the individual games that aren't entirely considered canon, but that would take up way too much space here. Maybe another time.

i was surprised wily was making crystal man in the newest issue. the profile for chargeman, crystal man, and gyro man say they ended up with that design because wily didn't have the money but he is currently being funded by xan....mr. x.