BlurryDawgo

Mega Man (Comic Series)

408 posts in this topic

I must be stupid for not getting this, but can someone explain to me why shadow man stuck around? I didn't understand that.

In fairness, we don't exactly 'know' why he chose to stay active. One guess is that he's biding time for the Stardroids (his original masters, from 'Mega Man V') and might betray Mega Man then, but they never say that in the issue. Actually thinking about it more, what would Shadow Man be doing right now anyway? We know that the Robot Masters who didn't want to find a job had to be shut down by government law, yet Shadow Man stayed. So what kind of job/purpose would he have?

In fairness, we don't exactly 'know' why he chose to stay active. One guess is that he's biding time for the Stardroids (his original masters, from 'Mega Man V') and might betray Mega Man then, but they never say that in the issue. Actually thinking about it more, what would Shadow Man be doing right now anyway? We know that the Robot Masters who didn't want to find a job had to be shut down by government law, yet Shadow Man stayed. So what kind of job/purpose would he have?

He is a ninja so even if he didn't want to find a job they couldn't shut him down even if they try.

Maybe the same job as cutman, or he took the position metal man didn't want to.

And now it's time for the next set of previews! Here are the covers and solicitation for Issue #53 ('Blue Shift') and... wait... WHAT?!

megaman-53-140325.jpg

The BLUE BOMBER is BACK from the events of "Worlds Unite" and is ready to fight for justice! That's all well and good, if there was actually someone to fight! In "Blue Shift," peace has finally come to Mega Man’s life—but is that a bad thing? Could it be possible that our super fighting robot has come to actually love the battles he was once so opposed to? Meanwhile, Dr. Wily plots something sinister from the shadows, reaching an even newer low for the mad doctor! It’s an extended curtain call as we come to the end of the Mega Man series! Featuring cover art from Jason Piperberg and a BOT UNDER FIRE variant from superstar Thomas Pitilli!

...Yep, you did read that last part right. Not only is Sonic Boom due to end right after the crossover (though it will return through the other Sonic books), but now the Mega Man series is going to (temporarily) end after issue #55! And although Archie have clarified on Twitter that this'll just be a temporary hiatus (yes, really) I'm incredibly upset to hear this. So we're literally just gonna be stuck with the main Sonic book and Sonic Universe by the end of this year. How utterly disappointing...

Wait, what?  What????

Temporary hiatus????

That is NOT a good idea.  There's no better way to slash readership.

Hell, it caused the death of Dr Who back in the 80's.

There's going to be many gaps in my comic reading life. It's sad

Mega Man going on a temporary hiatus!?

*dies of a heart attack*

I really hope it is just a temporary hiatus, and moreover I really hope it is a short one.

Hey archie look it's your money it's flying away from you very slowly

Aw man really? This is a terrible idea. Sonic Boom was one thing, but freakin' Megaman? *Facepalm*

At least it's temporary...

There must be a reason why all the comics are stopping (aside from the main two) Are they planning something else?

Oh god not Mega Man ;_____; I JUST finally found it again after a long time and now (even if it is temporary) they won't sell it?? NOOOOOOO!!!

There must be a reason why all the comics are stopping (aside from the main two) Are they planning something else?

There will be a reboot of Archie's main series. Maybe that's the reason. At least it's a hitaus, not an ending like Sonic Boom.

Wow o_o reboots... Reboots EVERYWHERE it seems... wonder if it's a good thing or not..

Reboot = excuse for everyone to complain

So even if it is good people will say it's bad

Oh right.. I'm sorry I forgot the rules of today's society... Oh well.. I guess I'm waiting for the reboot.

Wait, what?  What????

Temporary hiatus????

Same reaction here. With Mega Man Archie Comics is loosing a big franchise they only have now the Sonic Comics. Seriously F*ck you Archie Comics.

Sorry but...it ruined my day

And they don't see WHY the Comics aren't brought it's because Archie Comics doesn't make a fanservice. Seriously they only show up on the New York Comic Con and they do nothing else. Today Social Media and Fanservice is much more than in the past. They need to grab this boat otherwise Archie Comics will loose against other companies and will be forgotten.

Reboot = excuse for everyone to complain

So even if it is good people will say it's bad

Well a reboot make sence on big companies like Marvel or DC because there we have a huge universe and it doesn't fit in your brain so they've got at least ONE reboot but I cannot understand why Sonic and Mega Man needs a reboot because their universe is understandable and "little". Come on people that isn't a reason.

Edited by Centaur Man

Not StH/MM wil be rebooted but an "Archie and friends" and such series. Or how it's called.

Edited by Red TF

-_-

Can't we just keep the game thing we have? Because I enjoy those

This is just a huge mess.  I don;t get why they would put the comic on hiatus...

Unless Flynn was overworked putting out four monthly comics and dealing with the reboot fallout and just needed a break.

Not StH/MM wil be rebooted but an "Archie and friends" and such series. Or how it's called.

By reboot I mean everything from Archie Comics. They are not so huge that they need an reboot.

Unless Flynn was overworked putting out four monthly comics and dealing with the reboot fallout and just needed a break.

I hope that is the case but I don't think so. There were storylines from artists right? Like Yandely (?) he wrote one SU arc if I remember this right.

It feels so wrong in so many levels because Flynn has done a great job in the Mega Man Universe - he built up the characters and not just Rock. He created a much more bigger personality for these other Robot Masters and now it feels like a sack of rice is collapsing in seconds.

Because Sega.

Oh c'mon.. You can't blame Sega for everything.... Maybe they just thought it's necessary? Not enough buyers or so...

I doubt Sega had anything with the Mega Man comic going on a temporary hiatus.