Redemption

Craig Roger Smith is done voicing Sonic

5 posts in this topic

WOW just wow what can you even say about this

Well, Craig wasn't a bad voice for Sonic. But because of Sonic's depraved nature, he began to sound a little nasty.

But as things stand, I'd love to have Jason Griffith back. It suits Sonic best, in my opinion. Perhaps I think so because of the fact that his voice is similar to the voice of Sonic in the first season of the Russian dubbing "Sonic X" - Mikhail Tikhonov. But, most likely, they will invite Ben Schwartz, which is also not bad.

2 people like this

Jaleel White was great i would love to see him come back. 

Ben Schwartz in my opinion needs to stay with the movies.

Jason Griffith is a great choice as well

I honestly believe Roger had a great voice for Sonic. However the scripts and the voice acting direction probably were the elements that limited his potential the most. He's an experienced voice actor, and I thought having voiced none other than Ezio Auditore from Assasins Creed Roger would give us a more serious and "calmed" Sonic. It wasn't the case...

Anyway, he represented the more lighthearted and comedic take on the character in the last years. The one version many fans will remember as the one they grew up with.

2 people like this

Roger Craig Smith announced on Twitter that he is returning to voice-over Sonic in Games: