Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChaosKaiser

Netflix's Sonic Series (2022?)

20 posts in this topic

Oh, Twitter, what a place... A social network that has made Sonic more relevant due to memes, interaction with fans and, in general, a great community managing team that has reshaped the hedgehog's identity between general audiences and fans alike. But not every single relevant tweet has come from the Sonic official account. 

Oh, no, this time, it's a streaming service account the one that has made the Sonic fanbase go wild:

sonic-tweet.jpg

Yes, NETFLIX no less tweeted this a few days back... and deleted it shortly after. "A new 3D animated series from Sega, WildBrain (the studio behind the latest incarnation of Carmen Sandiego, Max Steel or Megaman: Fully Charged) and Man of Action Entertainment (creators of Ben 10, Generator Rex, some Marvel animated shows and... also Megaman: Fully Charged?)". That's all the info we have so far.

So, dare to speculate? What do you think this show will be like in terms of tone, aesthetic or plot? What would you like to see? Game adaptations? A brand new story? Short episodes focused on comedy? A parody? A children's reinterpretation? A movie tie-in? Read ya!

Edited by ChaosKaiser
3 people like this

Or some prankster getting into Netflix's account..

1 person likes this

Meh, doubt that.

1 person likes this

Now we have a confirmation what this not prank:

pDKf4mcgBWI.jpg?size=500x668&quality=96&

Here it's specified "new long form animation".

1 person likes this

Okay, thanks @BonnitoPlay

Considering it's related to Modern Sonic, now we can assume it's not a sequel of Sonic Mania Adventures or a movie tie-in.

Oh, Twitter, what a place... A social network that has made Sonic more relevant due to memes, interaction with fans and, in general, a great community managing team that has reshaped the hedgehog's identity between general audiences and fans alike. But not every single relevant tweet has come from the Sonic official account. 

Oh, no, this time, it's a streaming service account the one that has made the Sonic fanbase go wild:

sonic-tweet.jpg

Yes, NETFLIX no less tweeted this a few days back... and deleted it shortly after. "A new 3D animated series from Sega, WildBrain (the studio behind the latest incarnation of Carmen Sandiego, Max Steel or Megaman: Fully Charged) and Man of Action Entertainment (creators of Ben 10, Generator Rex, some Marvel animated shows and... also Megaman: Fully Charged?)". That's all the info we have so far.

So, dare to speculate? What do you think this show will be like in terms of tone, aesthetic or plot? What would you like to see? Game adaptations? A brand new story? Short episodes focused on comedy? A parody? A children's reinterpretation? A movie tie-in? Read ya!

Like, all I ask is for an original adventure, or mystery with Sonic gang, building up to an epic finale, with tons of references, battle scenes (and ofc if necessary) new characters as long as they fit the world and what not.

2 people like this

Tyson Hesse will not participate in the series from Netflix, which he announced himself. He also added that there will be no Classic Sonic in the series due to SEGA's intentions to stick with Modern Sonic.

Edited by BonnitoPlay
1 person likes this

Well I get that. I mean modern IS what the kids these days are familiar with, so it'd make sense to stick with something that's familiar. Plus ya know, Classic didn't talk? I mean yes you can make short eps like Mania Adventures did. But a full length series without any speaking might get difficult? 

I think this relates to the topic. Classic Sonic is finally dying (sorry classic gamers) CLASSIC SONIC IS OFFICIALLY DEAD-PREMYDAREMY

I wanted it to be off the Idw series but Ian Flynn confirmed he has nothing to do with it.

I hope it isn't Sonic Boom season 3 because that just bringing more hate to the franchise 

A continuation of Sat-Am would be cool but i dunno if Jaleel White is up to it.

A continuation of Sonic Underground would bring Deviant Art fans joy

A continuation of Sonic X would bring me joy ( and of course others!)

If they base it off past games i'll give it somewhat of a chance 

It all depends what direction Wild Brain is going in

1 person likes this

I think this relates to the topic. Classic Sonic is finally dying (sorry classic gamers) CLASSIC SONIC IS OFFICIALLY DEAD-PREMYDAREMY

I wanted it to be off the Idw series but Ian Flynn confirmed he has nothing to do with it.

I hope it isn't Sonic Boom season 3 because that just bringing more hate to the franchise 

A continuation of Sat-Am would be cool but i dunno if Jaleel White is up to it.

A continuation of Sonic Underground would bring Deviant Art fans joy

A continuation of Sonic X would bring me joy ( and of course others!)

If they base it off past games i'll give it somewhat of a chance 

It all depends what direction Wild Brain is going in

Yeah a series based off of IDW would be too soon, since we don't have enough material to go with. It could have like the first two arcs, but I assume this was announced way earlier than when the earlier arcs were completed.

1 person likes this

Okay, gals and pals: WE GOT'EM. Sonic Prime is "the 24-episode animated adventure for kids, families, and long-time fans draws upon the keystones of the brand and features the "Blue Blur" of video game fame in a high-octane adventure where the fate of a strange new multiverse rests in his gloved hands. Sonic's adventure is about more than a race to save the universe, it's a journey of self-discovery and redemption."

Journey of self-discovery and redeption? Strange MULTIVERSE? Does that title have anything to do with Transformers?? WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!

Edited by ChaosKaiser
2 people like this

Now it would be nice to change the name of the topic...

2 people like this

Colleen O'Shaughnessy will not be voicing Tails in the series, as she said on Twitter when asked.

Who will be next?

Well-known movie insider Daniel Richtman revealed some information about the animated series. According to him, in Sonic Prime, " Sonic will travel through the multiverse, meeting different versions of himself and his friends." Also, one interesting detail was noticed by the guys from SEGA Bits: if you correctly interpret the words of Duncan Roulet, the events of the animated series will take place in the universe created by Sonic Team.

Something interesting might come out of it...

Edited by BonnitoPlay

I think it's time to change the topic's name to 'Sonic Prime', now that we know that's the upcoming series' name.

Thanks to Sonic Central, we have learned new details. In general, the events of the cartoon will take place in a new and mysterious world called "Shatter-verse". Sonic will have to save his universe, simultaneously "experiencing moments of self-discovery and redemption."

I feel like they kinda wasted the appearance of Joe Kelly (which is also a comic-book writer, the one who wrote I Kill Giants no less), just to say things we already knew, aside from calling this multiverse as "Shatterverse". A very comic-booky name actually, but I highly doubt this show will have anything to do with any comic series.

Meet the first concept art from the artist Patrick Horan!

0SH4VVam4DA.jpg?size=1280x767&quality=96

ctkSCTj5afQ.jpg?size=1280x767&quality=96

sOgJOmgX0-k.jpg?size=1280x714&quality=96

pz6uwAYtGUE.jpg?size=1280x717&quality=96

PMC1xPqfa9c.jpg?size=1280x701&quality=96

izfpRM7WCQY.jpg?size=1280x701&quality=96

Aside from the shoes that look as cool as weird, the rest of the art is GORGEOUS. I'm fascinated by the alternate Eggmen, mechanic infinite-tailed Tails and savage Amy? I dunno, the multiverse thing seems to be wilder than I expected!

I guess most images (the ones with taking place in that Eggmanland/Chemical Plant-like place) might be part of the same episode.

(BTW, as @BonnitoPlay once proposed... does anyone know how to change the topic's title? We know the show is called Sonic Prime, no need to call it Netflix's Sonic anymore)

Edited by ChaosKaiser

Duncan Rouleau (One of the writers of Man of Action Entertainment, which involved in the creation of the series) confirmed on his Twitter account that Ian Flynn advises the team and provides invaluable assistance.