Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BonnitoPlay

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (2022 Movie)

47 posts in this topic

And here is a new location for filming. Jade_shoots stated that he saw a film crew at the "A Rocha Canada" site. He also saw that there were signs that read "Emerald Hill". The photo is not attached, so here is a photo from the Internet so that you have an idea about this place.

pZh5pmCIE4Q.jpg?size=1200x800&quality=96

A new place again. This time it is the Cloverdale Agriplex. The second studio is being prepared there. The photo is missing again, so keep the photo from the internet.

KVs3q7XSYMA.jpg?size=1024x576&quality=96

The film crew was spotted on Grouse Mountain, located in the northern part of Vancouver. Also filming takes place in Fort Langley, which is a village in the town of Langley:

The organization "G. U. N." will appear in the film! Military equipment with the "G. U. N." logo appeared on the set!

w3_rgmLxafI.jpg?size=1280x960&quality=96

IG4F2KFGfc0.jpg?size=1280x793&quality=96

CGXBrsdcR7Y.jpg?size=1280x681&quality=96

Also on the technique is written "SA", which stands for "Sigma-Alpha". In Sonic Adventure 2, it was a group of soldiers responsible for capturing Sonic.

Here's a flying Jim Carey (and also G.U.N. soilders):

And here's a reference - in the screenshot with the helicopter "G. U. N." on its tail, you can see the number 61801, which means the release date of Sonic Adventure 2 (6 -June, 16 - number, 01 - year).

Meet Knuckles!

Ge9JUXv6YHE.jpg?size=1125x740&quality=96

That photo made my day. I'm guessing this might be the final battle, where the three heroes team up? That would be lit. 
If Knuckles ends up looking like this in the film, we'll have a nearly perfect recreation of Team Sonic in the big screen (aesthetically, at least). ANd that makes me SO HAPPY. Long gone are the days of the grotesquely redesigned monster-hedgehog that was supposed to star the first movie...

Also... am I the only one who saw...

w3_rgmLxafI.jpg?size=1280x960&quality=96

...the MEAN BEAN Coffee Shop? Where they most likely will have a MEAN BEAN MACHINE??

And G.U.N. is finally real in this universe. Makes sense considering the USA military appeared in the previous film. Now, I think G.U.N. should have been since the beggining, but it's fine. Maybe this organization is found due to the problems caused by Sonic and Robotnik?

Filming in Vancouver is officially over. This was written by Jeff Fowler on Twitter. Filming will now continue in Hawaii.

Shemar Moore joined the cast of the sequel. Who he will play is still unknown.

2uBJJeJ4hH0.jpg?size=1024x683&quality=96

IDW will release a four-issue comic book collection dedicated to "Sonic the Hedgehog 2". This will be a prequel to the film called "The Official Movie Pre-quill", which will be written by Gail Galligan. The release is expected on April 5, 2022.

Here is the description of the collection:

"Before you watch "Sonic the Hedgehog 2" in cinemas, find out what the Blue Demon was doing after the end of the first film! Life is good in the Green Hills for Sonic the Hedgehog. Probably even too good. He starts to get bored, and when Sonic gets bored, then everyone is no longer bored — and quickly! You don't have time to say "Chili Dog", and the fastest Creature in the World saves everyone and creates chaos wherever possible! Will Tom and Maddie be able to slow down his craving for heroism? In addition, old and new characters from "Sonic in the Movies 2" will now be the main characters in their own stories!"

Edited by BonnitoPlay

It became known that John Whittington is involved in writing the script for the sequel. According to Deadline, he is taking part in the adaptation to the script format together with Casey and Miller. He is known for being the screenwriter of the films "The Lego Batman Movie" and "The Lego Ninjago Movie".

An extended preview of the sequel was shown at the Paramount's CineEurope presentation. It's reported that the audience was shown several short scenes from the film. They also noted that the humor and action are at about the same level as in the first film.

That poster, and the trailer... They are so beautiful. Tails looks adorable, the Tornado flying towards a tornado, Knuckles looking (and sounding) absolutely badass, a true threatening antagonist, Jim Carrey looking more like Robotnik...

Now Sonic has truly hit the big screen. Yeah, this is happenin'! 

1 person likes this

And now the film's out! What are everyone's thoughts on it, if anyone here's seen it?

I LOVED THE MOVIE. Now this one, this is THE Sonic movie I wanted to see since I was a child. Watched it at the cinema 4 times, dammit. Goosebumps every single time I watched it. Love how the portrayed Knuckles in a serious, yet (well made) comedic way. The Fish out of the water trope works perfectly with this reinterpretation of the Rad Red, and makes him a flawed and fun character without making him stupid. 

Tails is... a mix bag for me. It worked well overall, but wanted to see more of his past. They mention it, but the script doesn't build a character arc for Tails. He's still adorable though. 

Is it a flawless movie? No. There are some scenes I feel add absolutely nothing, and could easily be cut from the film. You probably know what scenes I'm talking about. Not the wedding sub-plot, I kinda liked that part tho.

On 4/17/2022 at 10:39 AM, MajinTails said:

And now the film's out! What are everyone's thoughts on it, if anyone here's seen it?

Haven't seen it so far, since the screening in Russia has been cancelled for reasons you're all probably aware of. I'll probably get around to watching it online at some point.