Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BonnitoPlay

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (2022 Movie)

47 posts in this topic

Yes, there will be a sequel. This was confirmed by Paramount Pictures and Sega Sammy on may 28, 2020. The same team will work on the film, with Jeff Fowler directing, Pat Casey and Josh Miller writing the script. The film is currently under development, so a decision regarding casting or the start date of production has not yet been made.

Here is a source.

Josh Miller also shared ideas for a sequel:

"I'm just hinting that we want to bring in some other characters from the games. But really it's all about loving Knuckles."

He stated that he would like to have Jaleel White, the voice actor for Sonic in a/s "Adventure of Sonic the Hedgehog" and "Sonic SatAM", star in the film:

"I hope this isn't a spoiler for those waiting for the movie, but I really want to bring in Jaleel White somehow...".

Later Ben Schwartz (voice of Sonic) announced that the film should be released on April 8, 2022 in his Twitter account:

Edited by BonnitoPlay
3 people like this

Okay, Knuckles deserves all the love, but I hope that, if the character is introduced in the sequel, he comes with all the echidna lore and Chaos Emeralds stuff. 

Still... shouldn't Tails be the priority? 

And how do they plan to introduce Jaleel White? As a cameo?

Okay, Knuckles deserves all the love, but I hope that, if the character is introduced in the sequel, he comes with all the echidna lore and Chaos Emeralds stuff. 

And how do they plan to introduce Jaleel White? As a cameo?

They've already set up the echidna lore coming at the start of the first movie, so I think that it will definitely be explored in the second chapter of the story.

I remember in the first episode of "Hey Fandom!" screenwriter Pat Casey said that Tails is an analog of Nick fury from Marvel. I am sure that Tails will play a significant role in the sequel.

1 person likes this

Some new information from documents of Paramount Pictures:

- Codename - "Emerald Hill"

- Filming is planning to take place in British Columbia, starting from 15 march to 10 may 2021.

- The documents do not provide information about management positions and actors.

1 person likes this

Tyson Hesse (Designer of Sonic in film) and Fill Marc (Storyboard artist who participated in "Rick & Morty" and "Duck Tales") will work on the sequel. That was reported by Fill himself, but he later deleted his tweet.

mK5LWazZbLg.jpg?size=768x548&quality=96&

1 person likes this

I think something isn't quite right with that design of Sonic on the right, lol.

Yeah, he looks too... cartoony? Even too much for a Sonic design.

Also, the question I make seeing this artwork: is Sonic gonna make a crossover with Star Trek?

That's not Star Trek.  That's a Rick and Morty character doing a cosplay! ;-p 

Guess that makes sense, considering the guy worked on Rick and Morty. Even though the deleted the tweet.

Heh, we've got a few deleted tweets about Sonic's future recently, haven't we?

I... was also referring to the contents of the show...

Okay, I've only seen the trailer, but nothing about it said 'star trek'...

"The Illuminerdi" shared some information about the sequel. There was both old and new:

- Knuckles got a much bigger role in the film than a cameo. He will keep his skills and stay true to his incarnation in video games. The voice actor for it has not yet been found.

- A new character named Randall will appear in the film. It will only interact with people.

- The search for a famous actor for a cameo is underway. Samuel Leroy Jackson and Chris Rock were mentioned.

Here is the source.

- Knuckles got a much bigger role in the film than a cameo. He will keep his skills and stay true to his incarnation in video games. The voice actor for it has not yet been found.

Given what Sega regards as 'staying true' that's not much comfort!

Yes, there will be a sequel. This was confirmed by Paramount Pictures and Sega Sammy on may 28, 2020. The same team will work on the film, with Jeff Fowler directing, Pat Casey and Josh Miller writing the script. The film is currently under development, so a decision regarding casting or the start date of production has not yet been made.

Here is a source.

Josh Miller also shared ideas for a sequel:

"I'm just hinting that we want to bring in some other characters from the games. But really it's all about loving Knuckles."

He stated that he would like to have Jaleel White, the voice actor for Sonic in a/s "Adventure of Sonic the Hedgehog" and "Sonic SatAM", star in the film:

"I hope this isn't a spoiler for those waiting for the movie, but I really want to bring in Jaleel White somehow...".

Later Ben Schwartz (voice of Sonic) announced that the film should be released on April 8, 2022 in his Twitter account:

EZEXCUSE ME?! 

A SONIC movie about MY FAVORITE boy?! Creators take my love, blood and soul I NEED THIS!!!! (as long as Knuckles is represented right, like in the ye olde days) Because boy howdy will I see if anything be wrong and BOY HOWDY will there be an angry e-mail incoming if he DOESN'T get all the glory he deserves. (I would call but I hate phone calls :3)

In the end of the second movie since it looks like they are going to merge Sonic 2,3 and Knuckles together i would love them to Merge the Adventures together and Shadow And/Or Chaos to make a cameo at the end. I have been waiting for a Sonic Movie since i was a little boy and now that it came you know i was celebrating.

2 people like this

In the end of the second movie since it looks like they are going to merge Sonic 2,3 and Knuckles together 

This seems to be what the people in Paramount are aiming for, considering the information we know about the film so far: Tails is showing up for the first time and Eggman has been defeated once (Sonic 2) being sent to what it looks like Mushroom Hill, and Knuckles will also take part in the story (3 & Knuckles)

i would love them to Merge the Adventures together and Shadow And/Or Chaos to make a cameo at the end. 

There have been some hints at the Adventures in the first film: Sonic surrounded by humans, the Echidna tribe, the San Francisco setting, a City Escape scene (without a truck chasing Sonic, tho. Missed opportunity there!) etc., so it would make sense that they add some elements from Adventure 1 and 2 in the sequel.

1 person likes this

Tika Sumpter will return to the role of Tom's wife named Maddie, as she said in an interview. It also became known one of the new filming locations - Hawaii.

The first photo from the preparation for the shooting in Hawaii! Taken from Jeff Fowler's Instagram.

Under the photo there is a caption " Island Time":

XwO_sKg_wtY.jpg?size=864x1080&quality=96

1 person likes this

The first photo from the preparation for the shooting in Hawaii! Taken from Jeff Fowler's Instagram.

Under the photo there is a caption " Island Time":

XwO_sKg_wtY.jpg?size=864x1080&quality=96

Heck yes! Ya need an island to film at? USE AN ACTUAL ISLAND Duh.

1 person likes this

The Illuminati reported that actor Jason Momoa was asked to voice Knuckles in the film. It is not yet known whether he agreed.

The Illuminati reported that actor Jason Momoa was asked to voice Knuckles in the film. It is not yet known whether he agreed.

Here I thought they couldn't make Knux seem more amazing... I was wrong o_o. I...I might need a moment. 

Meet - the logo of the movie!

A tune from Emerald Hill... Symbolic!

Well... that does seem to answer the 'Will Tails have a significant role?' question.  Now the question is 'will they manage to avoid messing up his personality, unlike Sega?'

1 person likes this

If Tails has a significant role, then it means he will most likely have a lot of screen time, they can flesh him out easily. Also, in the post-credit scene our boi seemed quite action-ready, determined to find whatever (or WHOever) he was looking for. I have hope that they'll make Tails justice.

If not, well... that'll be a shame. But we're used to that up to this point, aren't we?

Meanwhile, a film crew is preparing a parking lot in Barnaby, a suburb of Vancouver.

7lHesrSe2HE.jpg?size=810x1080&quality=96

The "REFI" sign is an abbreviation of the production company "Red Energy Film Inc", which is responsible for the sequel.