yumallah

Steven Universe

83 posts in this topic

Let's just say, that I hope my emotions will be ready for those new episodes, since I have already cried during a lot of the more emotion heavy episodes, if his favorites episodes are yet to come, I can only worry ._. 

I honestly can't say if that's a good thing or a bad thing, lol.

Okay, I know I'm late into this, and haven't seen much of this show, but, is the movie going to be cannonical? Is it a retelling of previous episodes? 

I've read that a new villain will show up, so... could it be a sequel to the series??

Let's just say, that I hope my emotions will be ready for those new episodes, since I have already cried during a lot of the more emotion heavy episodes, if his favorites episodes are yet to come, I can only worry ._. 

I honestly can't say if that's a good thing or a bad thing, lol.

Well crying IS healthy so I suppose a good thing (that, and it shows how well the show is made if it makes me experience strong emotions)

Okay, I know I'm late into this, and haven't seen much of this show, but, is the movie going to be cannonical? Is it a retelling of previous episodes? 

I've read that a new villain will show up, so... could it be a sequel to the series??

It's probably going to be a sequel? Isn't pretty much everything that happens in SU been canonical so far? (Well not including some of Steven and Connie's imagined adventures or so), Still can't say for sure whether it's a sequel or a prequel, but considering where we are currently at on the timeline a sequel WOULD make more sense? 

It's probably going to be a sequel? Isn't pretty much everything that happens in SU been canonical so far? (Well not including some of Steven and Connie's imagined adventures or so), Still can't say for sure whether it's a sequel or a prequel, but considering where we are currently at on the timeline a sequel WOULD make more sense? 

Well, we can't really dismiss it being a prequel tho. I wouldn't mind it being one because I think that there's no possible reason for a (seemingly) powerful and mysterious foe NOT to show up to fight Steven and the Crystal Gems at their weakest during "Diamond Days".

I just had a thought - what if it's an alternate universe?

Are they already going to play with alternate universes? Like, why doing that if you still had to fully explore other planets' lore?

Well, at least they could start calling the show Steven Universes.

Are they already going to play with alternate universes? Like, why doing that if you still had to fully explore other planets' lore?

Well, at least they could start calling the show Steven Universes.

Well, the concept of alternate universes and changing time is not a new concept in this show, there was one episode, I think it was called "Steven and The Stevens", where Steven for some reason (I don't remember why) created a whole bunch of alternate versions of himself, and at the end of the episode the original Steven, the one who we've been following since the first episode up until then, got destroyed, and we were left with only one Steven remaining who was one of the other Stevens the original Steven created. So, technically, since that episode up until "Change Your Mind" we've been following an alternate universe. 

Idk if any of that makes sense, but maybe the movie is going to take place, in one of the universes one of the other Stevens was from.

Wow... That's kind of a twisted concept...

I mean, the destruction of the original Steven was probably played just for laughs, but when you think about it... They basically killed off the main character and replaced him before your very eyes...

Although, they'll probably play it safe and make the movie take place in the main cannonical universe. Makes sense that, if the show has been working so well, the creative team continued/expanded the main storyline.

I mean, the destruction of the original Steven was probably played just for laughs, but when you think about it... They basically killed off the main character and replaced him before your very eyes...

Although, they'll probably play it safe and make the movie take place in the main cannonical universe. Makes sense that, if the show has been working so well, the creative team continued/expanded the main storyline.

Who knows, at this point you can expect literally anything from this show.

Oh, god, how could I forget? The most important news of them all! Here, take a look if you haven't already-

Now I could write a long-ass post breaking down all the news, but this guy does a much better job at this than me, so go and watch this video of his if you haven't already-

1 person likes this

Huh...so it's a musical. Not a surprising thing for me though.

I mean, it makes sense that a movie based on a show so well-known for its songs was a musical. It's one of the best selling points of the series. 

Huh...so it's a musical. Not a surprising thing for me though.

I mean, it makes sense that a movie based on a show so well-known for its songs was a musical. It's one of the best selling points of the series. 

Totally agree. The whole show is basically one big musical.

1 person likes this

Oh, god, how could I forget? The most important news of them all! Here, take a look if you haven't already-

Now I could write a long-ass post breaking down all the news, but this guy does a much better job at this than me, so go and watch this video of his if you haven't already-

Welp looks like my first thought was right it IS a sequel! (But I wonder who the villain really is, I still think she is like the video said, mad at PD for some reason, I just don't know why) OH and I really hope Emerald will be in this! She had such a small role in the show so far. Obviously there's the next season but where ever Lars is...

looks like my first thought was right it IS a sequel! (But I wonder who the villain really is, I still think she is like the video said, mad at PD for some reason, I just don't know why) OH and I really hope Emerald will be in this! She had such a small role in the show so far. Obviously there's the next season but where ever Lars is...

I was very angry with the way they first presented Emerald. She was the first very high-ranking Homeworld Gem we've ever seen, presumably, her rank is second only to the Diamonds judging by all her possessions and her attitude. And what do we get from her? Some bad, slapstick-style villain, literally "Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog" era Robotnik, the only thing left was for her to say "Pingas". I hope that if she does get any role in the movie, it's a major and a serious one.

2 people like this

Exactly! We need to know more about her! (But I read somewhere that Emeralds, Morganites, and Aquamarines are pretty much all on the same level, so technically we have already seen someone like that. But yeah more Emerald. She looked badass. (Though because of her appearance I had to change my oc's story up a bit.)

1 person likes this

Okay, so, basically, villain revealed and timeskip confirmed.

D_DWFKZXUAAb88O.jpg

1 person likes this

Huh, I like the new designs. Truly gives the impression that time has passed, but the characters are still recognizeable while keeping the elements that make them so iconic. Also, the new villain looks cute and terrifying at the same time: love that!

What do you think? You're the true Steven Universe fans here!

The new designs for the gems've been around ever since the finale of the previous season, and I've loved them ever since then. I really, like, really like that they finally gave Steven a new design, 'cause come on, I know that he's half gem and his aging is a bit different due to that, but it just gives me some Peter Pan vibes, you know, he just doesn't grow, so I really enjoyed this part.

I have mixed feelings about the villain, though. She gives me some clownish impressions, even more so than Pink Diamond, due to those large pigtails. Reminds me of Harley Quinn, or Baby from FNaF, if you know what I mean. But she seems damn serious. Which is nice.

Also, I think that now it is safe to say that the villain is a Diamond, due to her large size in this picture (although it may be just for the sake of showing how "big" of a threat she will impose on the Gems), I am more than confident that she is Red Diamond.

And I also don't like Garnet's new glasses, but I guess that's just personal.

Huh, I like the new designs. Truly gives the impression that time has passed, but the characters are still recognizeable while keeping the elements that make them so iconic. Also, the new villain looks cute and terrifying at the same time: love that!

I really like the designs, and our little Steven has grown up! ;U; (Well a bit at least), I do think that the villain looks a bit like Baby from FNaF Sister Location, but eh, I like the design so far. Wonder if she's a Diamond or not still, could be? (Or at the very least on a similar level as the Diamonds?)

I really like the designs, and our little Steven has grown up! ;U; (Well a bit at least), I do think that the villain looks a bit like Baby from FNaF Sister Location, but eh, I like the design so far. Wonder if she's a Diamond or not still, could be? (Or at the very least on a similar level as the Diamonds?)

I have a theory that, basically, after Pink faked her shattering, The Diamonds decided to replace her with a new, upgraded Pink Diamond, who would still bear the original design idea and character (hence the clownish vibes), but would be more serious and Diamond-like, but eventually she came out too serious, maybe she wanted to take over the Great Diamond Authority, or maybe The Diamonds just decided that nothing could replace the original Pink, and, well, eventually they poofed her and decided not to speak of her again (kinda like what happened with Eclipsa in SvTFoE). And now, she somehow broke away from her bubble and wants revenge from both The Diamond Authority, and Steven (yes, please, read this sentence exactly the way they say "and Steven!" in the theme song), whom she mistakenly treats as Pink Diamond, the whole cause of her creation and eventual suffering (frankly, she's not the first one).

Another Idea of mine for the reason of her invasion is that because she was "programmed" to think that she is Pink Diamond, she thinks that Earth is rightfully hers, and so she's gonna invade.

I can already forsee the ending - Steven and the Gems have a talk with her (after a battle, of course), and tell her that she doesn't have to be Pink Diamond, that she can be herself, just like Steven once did. And she eventually drops the Pink Diamond identity, and becomes friends with Steven and the gang.

On a sidenote, I think I used the word "Diamond" a little too much in this post.

Edited by Jumala
1 person likes this

Oh, well, September 2, here we go...

Also, for more details, please watch this -

Edited by Jumala

So, long story short - pics were leaked, the gem is rarer than a diamond irl and she came to Earth to make more of her kind. For the name itself, watch this! -

New info! The movie is going to air commercial free, no interruptions at all, so we can all enjoy it as if we were watching it in a movie theater!

1 person likes this

New info! The movie is going to air commercial free, no interruptions at all, so we can all enjoy it as if we were watching it in a movie theater!

Heck to the yaya! :,3 When the special first aired it still had a part of the commercial break in it so I'm really glad it won't break the immersion. 

Here's a new trailer for y'all - lots of interesting info and we finally hear the antagonist saying actual words and not just laughing!