yumallah

Steven Universe

83 posts in this topic

On a sidenote: what do you think about the upcoming movie's main antagonist? You know, that heart-shaped gem?

Well while I don't know who they are, they look interesting at least? I don't really know what to think, points on being red though (I love red color). Wonder what "The Heart of the Crystal Gems" means in this case. Like, are they a corrupted Gem, who used to be part of the Crystal Gems? Are they going to join them at the end to stop some sort of evil? Or are they someone like Jasper (Y'know as in, Hating Rose Quartz for "what they did to Pink Diamond") 

There's a theory that it's Red Diamond, who was created either as the original Pink Diamond, or as a replacement for Pink Diamond after she got shattered. She was abandoned by the other diamonds, and now she's off to revenge!

Oh cool o_o I mean if we're going with Diamond theories, MAYBE she could be sort of... like an off color Diamond? or like perhaps something like Amethyst is, y'know "didn't come out right?" and became rogue as the result of it?

I'm actually thinking the opposite. She was supposed to be the original 4th diamond, but then somehow got "lost" or something, then the other Diamonds made Pink to replace her, and Pink is actually the one who's off-color (you know, pink is like off-color red). And now she's back, to take revenge on the one who replaced her, meaning Steven!

I mean sure, that could work, considering Pink is so far the only one who is different from the Diamonds, (Sizewise) so it would make sense. 

On a sidenote: what do you think about the upcoming movie's main antagonist? You know, that heart-shaped gem?

Well while I don't know who they are, they look interesting at least? I don't really know what to think, points on being red though (I love red color). Wonder what "The Heart of the Crystal Gems" means in this case. Like, are they a corrupted Gem, who used to be part of the Crystal Gems? Are they going to join them at the end to stop some sort of evil? Or are they someone like Jasper (Y'know as in, Hating Rose Quartz for "what they did to Pink Diamond") 

There's a theory that it's Red Diamond, who was created either as the original Pink Diamond, or as a replacement for Pink Diamond after she got shattered. She was abandoned by the other diamonds, and now she's off to revenge!

Oh cool o_o I mean if we're going with Diamond theories, MAYBE she could be sort of... like an off color Diamond? or like perhaps something like Amethyst is, y'know "didn't come out right?" and became rogue as the result of it?

I'm actually thinking the opposite. She was supposed to be the original 4th diamond, but then somehow got "lost" or something, then the other Diamonds made Pink to replace her, and Pink is actually the one who's off-color (you know, pink is like off-color red). And now she's back, to take revenge on the one who replaced her, meaning Steven!

I mean sure, that could work, considering Pink is so far the only one who is different from the Diamonds, (Sizewise) so it would make sense. 

She's overall different, she thinks differently, acts differently, looks differently, and I'm sure there's a reason why the other Diamonds always looked at her like she was a low-class gem, not wanting to give her a colony.

She's overall different, she thinks differently, acts differently, looks differently, and I'm sure there's a reason why the other Diamonds always looked at her like she was a low-class gem, not wanting to give her a colony.

I though that was because she was like a little sister that needed protection to them? and the way she acted showed immaturity to them, so obviously they didn't want to give her a colony, that she wouldn't be ready to have and to rule over others. (Well until Yellow finally gave in.)

I though that was because she was like a little sister that needed protection to them? and the way she acted showed immaturity to them, so obviously they didn't want to give her a colony, that she wouldn't be ready to have and to rule over others. (Well until Yellow finally gave in.)

Well, but there HAD to be a reason why she was considered the little and immature sister?

Well, but there HAD to be a reason why she was considered the little and immature sister?

MAYBE but then again they're all like family no? White being the mother, who expects too much from them (especially Yellow and Blue being the older sisters to little Pink.), and not having enough trust towards Pink, if at all. I was also thinking maybe the Red Diamond (if she is a Diamond at all), might have been like another little sister to them? But even more immature than Pink? I mean she isn't even MENTIONED by Blue or Yellow if she is one of them, and they still told Pink that she IS one. So maybe the reason Red there might hate our Pink, is because she thought they loved HER more? Maybe she tried ran away, but unlike Pink never came back to them, completely abandoning them, to test their trust? and when no one tried to look for her (in her opinion) it made her hate Pink even more, and somehow when she heard about Pink coming back, and ruling again, all that hatred finally manifested as pure madness? or so it seems at least. (Taking in count Steven Universe IS all about family.. It could be?) Honestly just making assumptions now, heck she might not even be a Diamond.

MAYBE but then again they're all like family no? White being the mother, who expects too much from them (especially Yellow and Blue being the older sisters to little Pink.), and not having enough trust towards Pink, if at all. I was also thinking maybe the Red Diamond (if she is a Diamond at all), might have been like another little sister to them? But even more immature than Pink? I mean she isn't even MENTIONED by Blue or Yellow if she is one of them, and they still told Pink that she IS one. So maybe the reason Red there might hate our Pink, is because she thought they loved HER more? Maybe she tried ran away, but unlike Pink never came back to them, completely abandoning them, to test their trust? and when no one tried to look for her (in her opinion) it made her hate Pink even more, and somehow when she heard about Pink coming back, and ruling again, all that hatred finally manifested as pure madness? or so it seems at least. (Taking in count Steven Universe IS all about family.. It could be?) Honestly just making assumptions now, heck she might not even be a Diamond.

She probably wasn't mentoined because her disappearance was too much of a traumatic experience for them?

She probably wasn't mentoined because her disappearance was too much of a traumatic experience for them?

Maybe, exactly why I think she was part of the family. But then I do wonder... Did they try to hide her existence? I mean losing PINK didn't make them do that, and they LOVE Pink. So why would there be no evidence of her existence what so ever? She isn't even on the very mark of the Diamonds, and there are only four parts for the ship as well. Which is why I think that either she did something so unforgivable that they literally wanted to hide the fact there ever was a 5th Diamond, or. The way she "died" was far too shocking and far too sad for them to be able to deal with it. Whatever it was it would have had to be extremely bad.

Maybe, exactly why I think she was part of the family. But then I do wonder... Did they try to hide her existence? I mean losing PINK didn't make them do that, and they LOVE Pink. So why would there be no evidence of her existence what so ever? She isn't even on the very mark of the Diamonds, and there are only four parts for the ship as well. Which is why I think that either she did something so unforgivable that they literally wanted to hide the fact there ever was a 5th Diamond, or. The way she "died" was far too shocking and far too sad for them to be able to deal with it. Whatever it was it would have had to be extremely bad.

Mahbd because it was a VERY LONG time ago?

I mean maybe that as well, BUT, wouldn't there be at least ONE mural left? Like the ones on the Moon? But there's only four. Even if it WAS a long time ago, there should be some evidence pointing towards that. Also the fact it's called The Heart of the Crystal Gems, I do wonder it doesn't have to do with the Diamonds, as much as with the Crystal Gems? But that's only my theory. But anyway, we'll see.

I mean maybe that as well, BUT, wouldn't there be at least ONE mural left? Like the ones on the Moon? But there's only four. Even if it WAS a long time ago, there should be some evidence pointing towards that. Also the fact it's called The Heart of the Crystal Gems, I do wonder it doesn't have to do with the Diamonds, as much as with the Crystal Gems? But that's only my theory. But anyway, we'll see.

Hm, maybe. A Crystal Gem that was idealizing their fight too much? Like Bismuth? And she got banished... somewhere?

Hm, maybe. A Crystal Gem that was idealizing their fight too much? Like Bismuth? And she got banished... somewhere?

Yeah something like that, or maybe she tried to overthrow Rose Quartz as the leader, but ultimately left the group and went into hiding? 

Yeah something like that, or maybe she tried to overthrow Rose Quartz as the leader, but ultimately left the group and went into hiding? 

Maybe, everything can happen! We didn't have a clue about Bismuth's existence, what more can Pearl be hiding from us?

Maybe, everything can happen! We didn't have a clue about Bismuth's existence, what more can Pearl be hiding from us?

Whatever PD told her not to tell I suppose. Though not on purpose, but she made a promise.

Whatever PD told her not to tell I suppose. Though not on purpose, but she made a promise.

-"Pearl, remember I told you not to speak again of my "shattering"?"

-"Yes, my- I mean, Rose."

-"I need you to do it again"

-*What, seriously, Rose? Oh sh*t, here we again...*

Oh please let that NOT be the case. (To be honest it would sound like kind of sloppy writing to me but ehhh)

Oh please let that NOT be the case. (To be honest it would sound like kind of sloppy writing to me but ehhh)

Well, who knows? It might be the case. Maybe it was someone even PEARL didn't know about! 

I have another theory to consider. While so am not currently up to date with Steven Universe. The last one I saw was legs to homework. I think the mysterious gem is actually Steven himself. He is the heart of the Crystal gems after all. To explain my theory I believe Steven became corrupted some way and White used her power to save pink diamond as as a result accidentally separated Steven from his gem. So the movie will have the gems working together to create a gem for Steven aka the red heart gem we see in the poster.

I have another theory to consider. While so am not currently up to date with Steven Universe. The last one I saw was legs to homework. I think the mysterious gem is actually Steven himself. He is the heart of the Crystal gems after all. To explain my theory I believe Steven became corrupted some way and White used her power to save pink diamond as as a result accidentally separated Steven from his gem. So the movie will have the gems working together to create a gem for Steven aka the red heart gem we see in the poster.

Sorry, but this is wrong, and this is why I'd reccomend you to catch up with the newer episodes of SU. You're missing out on the exact information which disproves your theory, but I'm gonna spoil it to you, you better watch it yourself.

New information on the Season 6 Arc! Yay!

Edited by Jumala

Jumala you are mistaken. I am caught up now and while those events do make my theory unlikely but impossible. We have no idea what happens if a Diamond is corrupted without pink's healing powers it may not be possible to heal a gem completely. But we will have to wait and see.

Jumala you are mistaken. I am caught up now and while those events do make my theory unlikely but impossible. We have no idea what happens if a Diamond is corrupted without pink's healing powers it may not be possible to heal a gem completely. But we will have to wait and see.

But what about the fact that when Steven was separated the gem took his form still? and the shadow we saw in the teaser for the movie doesn't really resemble Steven at all? (While of course it COULD be possible for a corrupted gem to look different, usually they just stop looking like a gem all together, and become more like wild animals, and we heard a laugh from the villain, so how would she (or he if we go based off of your theory), be able to sound so... human still?) and we also have to take in count that White knows that Pink isn't around anymore, she would have no need to try and separate Steven and his gem again, so personally I don't see this happening, but then again gotta wait for the movie to find out.

You clearly didn't read my post! I said white Accidentally separated Steven and his gem! And yes it took his form but what if the corruption effects Steven's mind? We already know that corruption did damage gems minds so it would not be impossible for it to damage both Steven's and Pink's minds within the gem. That could make Steven no longer compatible with his gem and allow for pink Diamond to regenerate over time. That would mean a new gem was needed to save Steven aka the heart gem. But the gem is created by the three diamonds and since they do not understand humans that well the gem they create is wicked thus the voice heard laughing.

You can not say if a theory is wrong until the movie reveals the truth. If you know things that could contradict a theory then say it and let the theory creator decide if that data makes their theory wrong. It is not your place to do that.

You clearly didn't read my post! I said white Accidentally separated Steven and his gem! And yes it took his form but what if the corruption effects Steven's mind? We already know that corruption did damage gems minds so it would not be impossible for it to damage both Steven's and Pink's minds within the gem. That could make Steven no longer compatible with his gem and allow for pink Diamond to regenerate over time. That would mean a new gem was needed to save Steven aka the heart gem. But the gem is created by the three diamonds and since they do not understand humans that well the gem they create is wicked thus the voice heard laughing.

You can not say if a theory is wrong until the movie reveals the truth. If you know things that could contradict a theory then say it and let the theory creator decide if that data makes their theory wrong. It is not your place to do that.

Of course, no one can say that your theory is wrong, but it just seems... weird, to say the least. But, like, people used to think that Pink Diamond being Rose Quartz was impossible, so anything can happen now.

Let's just say, that I hope my emotions will be ready for those new episodes, since I have already cried during a lot of the more emotion heavy episodes, if his favorites episodes are yet to come, I can only worry ._.