Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shadow

top 5/10 lists

23 posts in this topic

EDIT: I'M RUNNING OUT OF IDEA GUYS. C'MON AND SUGGEST SOMETHING ALREADY

Hello, my friends.

As of now, the off-topic section is pretty quiet. I myself really want this forum to be as active as possible and supporting it in every way.

But let's get to the point.

This thread is about making top 5 or top 10 lists. I suggested a section for this but I mentioned with that suggestion that it would eventually fall in the off-topic section. And I was correct of course. So instead, I've made an thread in the off-topic section where we can make top 5/10 lists.

Here are some rules I want to mention before continueing on.

- (this is still in progress by myself though, but you can give you input on this option if you'd like) Every week there are 3 subjects you can choose from or do them all. This rule is ment for spam. Oh, and preferabely keep this in one post. You know the reason for this, I don't have to explain it.

- You can decide for yourself if you want to make a top 5 list or top 10 list.

- You can give your imput on the subjects by sending me a message (or mention it in your post) for next week.

- Subjects restart every 4 weeks at sunday

- You can give your opinion with your choices if you want, but not necessarely needed.

- Discussing about people their opinion is okay, if you keep it nice.

I came up with 3 subjects as a start. You can decide for the next subject, which will be made on Sunday the 23th.

The 3 subjects are: Favourite vocal sonic excluding Crush 40, Favourite Eggman/Robotnik Plans/Creations, Favourite Games according to plot

I'm starting by making my lists which are top 5's. The lists from months earlier are put under a Spoiler tag.

4th of August - 1st of September

Top 5 vocal songs, not including crush 40:

1. Dreams of an Absolution (Sonic the Hedgehog 2006)

2. Endless Possibilities (Sonic Unleashed)

3. Sweet Sweet Sweet japanese version (Sonic the Hedgehog 2006)

4. E.G.G.M.A.N. (Sonic Adventure 2)

5. It doesn't matter (Sonic Adventure)

Top 5 Eggman/Robotnik plans/creations

1. Metal Sonic

2. Enslaving the entire wisps race for fuel, resulting into MindControl beam

3. Time eater

4. E-123 Omega

5. A.D.A.M

Top 5 games according to plot (Suggested by MetalSkulkBane_PL)

1. Sonic Adventure 2

2. Sonic Rush Adventure

3. Sonic Adventure

4. Sonic Unleashed

5. Sonic Colours

(Yeah I totally had no idea for the last one :P)

23th of June - 4th of August

Top 5 Sonic Stages:

1. Pirate island (Sonic Rush Adventure)

2. Kingdom Valley (Sonic the Hedgehog 2006)

3. Sky Sanctuary (Both Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic Generations)

4. Starlight Carnaval (Sonic Colours

5. Cool Edge (Sonic Unleashed)

Top 5 Crush 40 Songs:

1. Live Life

2. Sonic Heroes

3. What I'm made of

4. Live and Learn

5. With me (Massive power mix)

Top 5 Sonic games:

1. Sonic Unleashed

2. Sonic 3 and Knuckles

3. Sonic Generations

4. Sonic Adventure

5. Sonic Rush Adventure

(26th of May - 23th of June)

Top 5 Sonic (Archie) Villains

1. Dr. Finitevus

2. Dr. Ivo Robotnik/Eggman

3. Mammoth Mogul

4. A.D.A.M.

5. Bride of the Conquering Storm

Top 5 Sonic (Archie) Heroes

1. Tails

2. Mina Mongoose

3. Espio

4. NICOLE

5. Mighty

(6 would have been either Shard or Cream from the games.)

Top 5 Sonic Universe Arcs

1. Treasure team Tango

2. The Silver Saga

3. Secret Freedom Fighters

4. Knuckles, the Return

5. The Shadow Saga

I may as we'll do this too.

Top five Sonic (Archie) villians:

1: Mammoth Mogul

2: Dr Finitevus

3: Scourge The Hedgehog

4: Lien-da

5: Dr Julian Kintibor of the house of Ivo.

Top five Sonic (Archie) Heroes: (In my opinion although you may not class some as heroes)

1: Geoffrey St John

2: Sir Charles "Chuck" Hedgehog

3: Locke Echidna

4: Constable Remington

5: Mighty the Armadillo

Top five Sonic Universe arcs:

1: The Secret Freedom Fighters

2: The Chaotix Quest

3: Journey to the East

4: Scrambled

5: Scourge Lockdown.

I've actually made lists like that in my head a while ago, but I didnt know where to post them. To be exact I have: Top 20 best Sega Sonic characters, Top 10 worst Sega characters, Top 10 best Archie Sonic heroes, Top 10 best Archie Sonic villains, Top 5 worst Archie Sonic characters, and Top 5 best SU arcs.

The thing is that Top 10 best archie heroes/villans only covers characters like Rotor or Finitevus not like Eggman or Silver,

So,Top SU arcs

5 Forged in Fire (#50) - Epic battle, with some great visuals, pure and simple. Great thing about it is that Metal finally get recognition he deserved. He comes off and dangerous and cunning adversary rather than reccuring glorified mook. My only complain is the ending. Metal blowing up. Again.

4 Scrambled (#37-40) - Part one already sold me with gathering of all grandmasters at one place, all wchich quavered in fear before Doctor like scolded children, all while Cubot and Orbot serve tea. Equally badass and hilarious, which is propably best way to sum up entire arc. Peppers artwork works great: his Snively's seems more ugly and pathetic that usual which really suits him. And every Eggman's expression is just plain hilarious when its not threatning. He even looks egg shaped! Each issue make you love doc more and more untill ending remind everybody that he a complete monster. Also: all scenes with Omega are priceless.

3 Mobius: 30 Years Later (#5-8) Penders 25 Years later was propably dullest story in archie sonic history. 13 issues of bad sitcom and then ending that didnt end anything. It was imposible to like. And then miracle come. Flynn made Lara-Su one of my favourite characters, and made me wish for more stories in future. It made me care for literally every character from King Sonic to Rutan. Good sense of humor, adorable way of writing children and married couples, and actual action: this issue had everything that original Penders work lacked. And it has Mysty-Re, random echidna named by fans, but Flynn declared her name to be canon, thats preety cool too. Not to mention it actually feels like arc, something that could be collected in hard cover more that any other arc,maybe except...

2 The Silver Saga (#25-28) When I think "epic" I think about this one. For start, artwork is gorgeus. Then there is Dark Enerjak, the baddest and coolest vilain in the comic. I cant even describe him, cause in his own words "he's someting to be experienced". Epic feel and sense of danger dont leave for a second. This comic removes all my fears that Flynn haters might be right.

1 Treasure Team Tango (#21-24) So seeing how Silver Saga is the baddest thing ever it seems to be impossible to write something better. And Flynn did it. By writing a goofy story. Cons: Rouge doesnt care about safety of Sol Zone. Pros: everything else. Yardley does perfect job drawing many characters at once, often with humoristic poses and faces (which is especially important for Bark since he cant speak). At the same time Flynn does perfect job of writing many characters at the same time. Its the closest to Blaze or Amy arc we've got and its quite satysfying. Even Team Dark fit into story despite being stereotypically serious characters.. Another cool thing is that characters never become a faceless punching each other crowd. They still think and know when to work together, when to run or when to drop explosives at their opponents. And ending is Bean the Dynamite at his finest.

I might do the rest some other time.

I think I’ll though my lists into the ring. Top 5 for villains and SU arcs, and top 10 for heroes.

Top 5 Sonic (Archie) Villains

1. Mammoth Mogul

2. Doctor Ivo ‘Eggman’ Robotnik

3. Doctor Finitevus

4. Bean the Duck

5. Miles

Top 10 Sonic (Archie) Heroes

1. Miles ‘Tails’ Prower

(Big Gap)

2. Shadow the Hedgehog

(Little Gap)

3/4 Skye/Melody Prower

5. Shard

6. Silver the Hedgehog

7. Nicole

8. Mina Mongoose

9. Sonic the Hedgehog

10. E-102 Gamma

1. 30 Years Later

2. Scrambled

3. Treasure Team Tango

4. Forged in Fire

5. The Tails Adventure

I'm keeping the subjects for 2 more weeks (till sunday the 9th of June). This is because of:

-No one gave any reply on the new subjects :P

-Not too many people have replied anyways, so I'm waiting a bit :3

Here are mine

Top 5 (Archie) Villains

1: Bean

2: Mecha Sonic (Sonic Roboticised)

3: Scourge

4: Mammoth Mogul

5: Eggman

Top 5 Heroes

1: Silver

2: Shard

3: Mighty

4: Ray

5: Tails or Skye (Unsure between them)

1: Silver Saga (Awesome Prelates)

2: Chaotix Quest (Mighty, Ray and Matilda: A happy moment)

3: Scourge Lockdown (Uh-oh, Scourge, Destructix and Dr Finitevus. Little good can come from them)

4: Treasure Team Tango (Bean at his finest moments)

5: 30 Years Later (1 word: EPIC!)

Top 5 villians (archie)

1.Scourge

2.Bean

3.Nack

4.Eggman

5.Mammoth Mogul

Top 5 heroes

1.Omega

2.Vector

3.Sonic

4.Shard

5.Bunnie

Top 5 SU arcs

1.Treasure Team Tango (bean's weirdness)

2.Scourge Lock-Down (Scourge & his new crew)

3.Chaotix Quest (Chaotix get to beat the tar out of the Sand-Blasters)

4.Secret Freedom Fighters (Shard's debut)

5.Scrambled (Orbot & Cubot)

1 person likes this

Few words: I know that SU 50 isn't really that much of a arc, my next fave is from Shadow Saga, but just issues 1 and 3. The closest thing to fave arc nr.5 would Knuckles: The Return. It was fun to see someone but Penders write Knuckles story and I sure wouldn't mind seeing it again. Now, my next list exclude characters form the games, because I feel that I would properly separate feelings from games and from comics. I will say that Archie made Mighty and Ray into great characters, largely upgraded already good Sonic and Amy and they continue to make Eggman and Omega great. And now, without further ado my Top 10 Archie Heroes.

10 Zonic the Zone Cop - So he isn't really that much of a character, but... hey its a Sonic as dimensional policeman who walks on walls. I'm a sucker for unusual concepts. I like taking cheesy insane ideas like dimension where everybody's name starts with Z and just go with them. It keeps story from becoming too serious, which is a big issue in modern days of comic books.

9 Nathaniel "Nate" Beauregard Morgan - Nate's life wasn't good. Twice he tried to help and twice he was exiled. Still found enough compassion to save and befriend wild creature. He died as he lived- paying terrible consequences for his good deeds. You got to admire that. Also we can't forget that he wore Power Ring - powered laser glasses and his best friend was cyborg-yeti with flame-thrower for an arm. If that isn't awesome, I don't know what is.

8 Jules Hedgehog -I really like parents and parental figures in this comic. For example I like Lara-Le: she's really sweet and caring character who really goes out of her way to help her son. I also like Uncle Chuck, probably thanks to "Tales of the Great War" where we not only learned that poor guy was convinced that he was responsible for robotisation of both Sonic's parents for quite a while, but also that even if he knew how much of a monster Robotnik was from the the first day they met, he would still save him. But then, my favorites shoved up: Sonic's parents. From fighting in great war to basically telling off Ixis flippin Naugus to just being great parents these guys are awesome. I also liked that time when they were robotisized: while in Marvel comics X-men are still universally hated, I find idea that all Mobians could live with Robians in peace to be rather refreshing change. Obviously there is one reason while I like Jules more that any other mentioned character:Issue 192, Jules vs Scourge, Nuff Said.

7 Dimitri - Lets just say I really like tragic scientists. Sure he made a good villain, but Dimitri didn't become that good character until regained his sanity and suffered massive guilt trip. From respected member of community to mad god to flying bubble, he lost everything, and now he just wants to help his kind and atone. Issues 221 and 222 are absolute highlights of his story.

6 Mina Mongoose - Best thing about Mina is how flawed and realistic character she is. She has the same powers as Sonic, but lacks skill to successfully use them, so she becomes a musician. She can't get a hero of Mobius to become her boyfriend, so she moves on and dates less-that-perfect but still good guy. She has a solid character development, from shy and helpless to more energetic and helpful. She teaches us an important lesson: to appreciate what you have, when you can't have what you want.

5 Lara-Su - Seeing how she appears in my second and third favorite SU arc this should be obvious. But why do I like her? I dunno. Her design is pretty neat, I like that she's skilled with her powers, how she works as guardian and royal babysitter, that she main character of timeline that I like so much. Aand that it I guess.

4 Rotor the Walrus - Not tragic, but a scientist, and that a start. To best describe his awesomeness I would suggest reading StH 119 where he tries to tries to hack Nicole and StH 48 where he shoots Robotnik with his huge gun at point-blank range. I like smart characters and first story is great example what's so interesting about them: need to explore unknown, to solve the unsolvable, and ability to better themselves, learn from all experiences, even failures. Second part is obvius: Rotor is much more of a action hero that most people give him credit for. There is a reason they called him "Boomer"

3 Bunnie Rabbot-D'Coolette - She's a cyborg Bunnie with Southern accent, do I need more reasons? OK, I like pun in her name, is that enough? Of course not. From the first issue, Bunnie defeated giant badnik and expressed desire to become hairdresser, already making her more useful and developed that half of the team. Generally,she one of friendliest and toughest characters in book, at that's always good thing in my book. Her relations with Antoine and her uncle sure don't do damage to my good opinions.

2 Antoine D'Coolette - To fully understand, why I like him so much, you have to understand how much I hate Antoine Depardieu from Satam. Pathetic coward, who somehow got taken for almost every mission and stole screentime from better characters, like Bunnie. Or Rotor. Or Cluck. Or grass. In comics? From start, he got sword and skill to use it. StH 10 he saved team. StH 23 he proved he was smarter that most give him credit. StH 46 he punched Geoffrey. StH 204 he exchanged blows with Iron Khan. And recently after quite nice performance in courtroom, issue 234 happened. We all remember that one. In short, dude is just plain awesome. And we can't forget that unlike Sonic with his attitude, Antoine is suave gentleman, good cook, and caring husband proving that you don't need to be "radical" to be awesome. Sometimes badassery comes from where you least expect it.

1 King Elias Acorn - To be honest I don't really care about Sally and anything that could've been interesting about her was put into Elias. Every new writer did something right with him. I always felt that Elias is right combination of smarts, bravery, and charisma that no other Acorn could pull off. But the most interesting thing about him is his burden. He could be dealing with Geoffrey, Amadeus, or even Naugus - either way his choices are never easy. As a king, his choices affect all characters, its a responsibility he never asked for and never wanted. And yet before certain hack of a writer sued Archie, we saw Elias fighting to reclaim his crown and all duties connected to it. A brave man, capable of putting other people needs first, and my favorite Archie exclusive hero.

The new subjects are now in! Nobody voted so... I had to decide them for myself. Here they are anyways.

Top 5 Sonic Stages:

1. Pirate island (Sonic Rush Adventure)

2. Kingdom Valley (Sonic the Hedgehog 2006)

3. Sky Sanctuary (Both Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic Generations)

4. Starlight Carnaval (Sonic Colours

5. Cool Edge (Sonic Unleashed)

Top 5 Crush 40 Songs:

1. Live Life

2. Sonic Heroes

3. What I'm made of

4. Live and Learn

5. With me (Massive power mix)

Top 5 Sonic games:

1. Sonic Unleashed

2. Sonic 3 and Knuckles

3. Sonic Generations

4. Sonic Adventure

5. Sonic Rush Adventure

My idea for new top 5: Favourite games judged by plot.Unfortunately I dont have favourite stages and I didnt play as many Sonic games as I woud like but:

Top songs

5 Open Your Heart

4 Knight of the Wind

3 What I'm Made Of

2 Sonic Heroes

1 I Am... All of Me

Not sure about games, but Sonic Adventure definitly is one of my favourites.

I think this time I might explain my choices a little.

Games

1. Sonic Adventure: While not the best story or gameplay, I feel it’s the best all round package. Plus, I got lucky and the camera behaved itself. Oh yeah, and of course Tails kicking Robotnik’s ass twice in rapid succession to a greater degree than in SA2.

2. Sonic Generations: Of the games I’ve played, this one has the best gameplay.

3. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 + Knuckles: First Sonic game I played, and still a good game to boot.

4: Sonic Chronicles: More for the idea of a Sonic RPG than the actual game, unfortunately. Where’s the sequel Darn it?

5: Sonic Adventure 2: The gameplay seemed to have deteriorated from SA1, but as far a story goes, this one has my favourite from the game franchise.

Stages (There’s going to be favouritism here as I haven’t played some titles as much as others, and still need to play several)

1. Crisis City (Classic, Generations): Cool looking level, kickass music, and fire beasties to fight. Plus Darn fun to play.

2. Ice Cap Zone (S3+K): See my comments on Crisis City, just without the fire monsters.

3. Rooftop Run (Modern, Generations): Just a really fun level to play, though I didn’t like the original music so now Knight of the Wind plays!

4: Flying Batty Zone: As with Ice Cap, my reasons are the same as Crisis City minus the monsters.

5. Speed Highway (Tails Version, SA1): Outside of boss fights the only Tails level that felt like there was a reason to win. Boy did it up the stakes. Shame that just a few hours later…

(Cheating a little here: 6. Prison Lane from SA2. Kicking ass in a mech while what sounds like a Tails remix of Sonic’s speed power up theme plays. Yeah, good fun!)

And Crush 40 songs. Not many reasons to give here except for I like them!

1. Knight of the Wind

2. All Hail Shadow (First Crush 40 song I heard, thanks Generations)

3. Never Turn Back

4. Sonic Boom (Almost any version of this song is awesome, and that’s not a word I tend to use)

5. What I’m Made Of

Here are mine:

Top 5 stages

1.Egg Fleet-Sonic Heroes

2.Death Egg Zone-Sonic 2

3.City Escape-Sonic Adventure 2

4.Green Hill Zone - Sonic 1

5.Rail Road Cannyon-Sonic Heroes

Top 5 Games

1.Sonic Adventure

2.Sonic Colors

3.Sonic 3 & knuckles

4.Sonic Heroes

5.Sonic 2

Top 5 Songs

1.All Hail Shadow-Shadow the hedgehog

2.Team Chaotix-Sonic Heroes

3.Open Heart-Sonic Adventure

4.With Me-Sonic & The Black Knight

5.Live & Learn- Sonic Adventure 2

New subjects! And really guys, please suggest already because I have totally no idea at some times >_>

Top 5 vocal songs, not including crush 40:

1. Dreams of an Absolution (Sonic the Hedgehog 2006)

2. Endless Possibilities (Sonic Unleashed)

3. Sweet Sweet Sweet japanese version (Sonic the Hedgehog 2006)

4. E.G.G.M.A.N. (Sonic Adventure 2)

5. It doesn't matter (Sonic Adventure)

Top 5 Eggman/Robotnik plans/creations

1. Metal Sonic

2. Enslaving the entire wisps race for fuel, resulting into MindControl beam

3. Time eater

4. E-123 Omega

5. A.D.A.M

Top 5 games according to plot (Suggested by MetalSkulkBane_PL)

1. Sonic Adventure 2

2. Sonic Rush Adventure

3. Sonic Adventure

4. Sonic Unleashed

5. Sonic Colours

Top 5 vocal songs

1. His World

2. It Doesn't Matter (Sonic Adventure 2)

3 Endless Possibilities

4. City Escape

5. Sonic Boom

Top 5 Plans/Creations

1. Metal Sonic

2. Going back in time to rule the world by changing the past (Sonic CD)

3. Tricking Tails into revealing the emerald is a fake (Sonic Adventure 2)

4. Unleashing Chaos (Sonic Adventure)

5. E 123 Omega (God knows why he never used him against Sonic)

Top 5 games by plot

1. Sonic Adventure

2. Sonic Adventure 2

3. Sonic CD

4. Sonic Unleashed

5. Sonic Colours

Top 5 Songs

1-E.G.G.M.A.N. Doc Robeatnix Mix From Shadow.

2- E-102 Theme From sonic adventure 1

3-E-101 Mk2 boss theme. From sonic adventure 1

4-Event-Last scene (Dem feels) from sonic adventure 1

5-Knuckles theme From sonic adventure 1

Top 5 Plan/creation.

1-The eggfleet.

2-Him backstabbing not only the overlander, but also The Mobians, succesfully taking over the world. almost.

3-His gambit to take down Snively In sonic Universe

4-The egg-grapes . Accept it. That was just downright evil.

5-Metal sonic.

Top 5 games :

1-Sonic adventure

2-Sonic advance 3

3-Sonic advance 1

4-Sonic triple trouble

5-Sonic CD

Oh goodie, this first one's within my comfort zone. Theme Song Finder Red now giving you...

My Top 11 Non-Crash 40 Vocal songs:

(Warning, the following lists contains SPOILERS!)

"Why top 11? Because I like to go one step beyond." ~ The Nostalgia Critic

- Who doesn't love the song about the rag-tag team of abnormal detectives? if they ever made a show about these three's everyday life, I'm willing to bet this is the song they'll use for the theme. It's energetic, which matches the feel of the team, and tells about the team in a nutshell, exactly how a show's opening is suppose to do. But the reason why it's so low is....To me, A true theme is one that can be considered a normal song by others, yet matches as perfectly for one team with subtlety, as it would match for anyone. A theme that serves not just as a representation of the characters, but as a song to be used by anyone for any situation it matches, adapting to be a theme not just for one person but for any who feels like the song fits them. So when it outright tells you by name who this song is for, it's kind of a turn-off. But regardless, it's certainly a theme, worthy of the Detective trio.

- Without a doubt one of my favorite songs in Sonic Heroes, Second only to What I'm made of. Like Team Chaotix, it's designed SPECIFICALLY for Team Dark in such a way that it once again goes by name, and so, can't adapt to any other Hence why it's so low on the list. However it goes into a more detail then Team Chaotix by dedicating entire verses to the three members. Did so with some subtlety, and in Shadow's Perspective. The music itself has a steam-punk feel to it, combined with beeps and boops you'd expect from some computers to make. Considering how Team Dark is connected to Eggman, and one being a robot while the others, ...well, at the time of Sonic Heroes, could have been an android clone of the real Shadow, it really fits well.

- To those who think everything about Silver is terrible, that there's NOTHING redeemable about him, I show you this song, and I slap you with it. In terms of the Lyrics, THIS is what I consider a theme song. The lyrics doesn't blatantly say who the song is for, but instead makes the singer anonymous and the lyrics just fit the situation Silver is going through in a subtle manner. As such, it's not just a theme, but a SONG, that can be interpreted in different ways. The music itself has a futuristic feel to it's techno-like sound, plus it's rather peaceful yet in a strange way, is sorrowful and at the same time giving beats of action, perhaps showing the depressing situation of Silver, that he was born in a hellish future engulfed in flames, and desires nothing but to stop the suffering, feeling a nostalgic envy seeing the past he traveled to, and shows that this kind-hearted hedgehog is willing to fight for the peace he desires so much. ...Or I'm just over-analyzing it, but the same could be said for my description of every song, so...yeah. XD Either way, it's perfect for the time traveling psychic hedgehog. Oh, and just for kicks, anyone who wants to argue and troll against Silver, just remember: "IT'S NO USE!"

8. Catch me if you Can by Runblebee (

and
version) - Ok, I'm going to say this right now, I do not like Sonic Riders. I was never a fan of the Racing Genre of games, and to be honest, I bought it honestly thinking it wasn't a racing game. Zero Gravity I liked better, but still, not my kind of thing. ...At the same time though, I may hate Sonic Riders, but I LOVE the Babylon Rogues. They are like a dark version of Team Chaotix, and like Team Chaotix they are a rag-tag team of humor. I can even tolerate Jet's voice when I consider that he can actually back up his talk with his skill on an airboard. That said, however, what I loved most of all, is their theme song. I couldn't choose between the two variations and since they're both done by the same guys anyways, I put them both on here. Although it's suppose to be for the entire team, you can tell by the Lyrics that it's really just for Master of the Air himself, Jet the Hawk. While it's not as subtle as Dreams of an Absolution, it's not as completely blatant as This machine or Team Chaotix. In fact, If it wasn't for adding that "Jet the Bird" echo on there, it wouldn't be blatant at all. With exceptions, I'm not a fan of rap music at all. The only times I would ever consider a rap song as a theme song would be when I feel it's lyrics and rash mood befits the character at hand. This is one of those times. The first version of this song is fast with the lyrics having a prideful flare to them, fitting for someone as cocky as Jet. The second one is a bit slower, focused, sounds calmer in a way, and less like a rap song, if only a little. Not only does that fit the feeling of the game itself, the feeling of flying without gravity, but also perhaps symbolizes that Jet and the Rogues has matured a little since the first game. Because it doesn't exactly say his name, this is more like Dreams of an Absolution than the first one, and because of that, I lean more towards the ZG version, but both are quite excellent.

7. It Doesn't Matter by Tony Harnell (Adventures and Adventures 2 versions) - You know, I kind of feel sorry for the composers and rock bands who try to make a theme for Sonic specifically after the Adventure games. Because Tony Harnell created a song they can't top, one that is absolutely PERFECT for Sonic. This isn't just A theme for the Blue Blur, this is, in my mind, THE theme song of Sonic the Hedgehog. The lyrics are representative of Sonic flawlessly, and is accurate to his personality and character to this day, and all without even dropping his name or any hint this is even about Sonic. Again, not as subtle as Dreams of an Absolution, but this is a song where I'm ok with that, because of just how they nailed his personality with those lyrics. Both songs' actual music goes for a fast, cocky and cool tone to it. The first one going more for the coolness, the guitar rifts and drums sounding a little slower and rougher, (Not to mention if you listen very closely to it when the verses are sung, you can hear the guitar going for a western gallop trick. Fitting for a drifter like Sonic.) While the second one focuses more on the speed and pride. The drum beats are faster and and the guitar rifts are a bit smoother and faster, there's a whistle of attention at the very beginning before the song starts and the lyrics are sung faster and even shortened. A little disappointing, but it does fit Sonic in that regard, being supposedly faster than before. Tony, I can't thank you enough for giving the speedster the theme song he deserves, here's hoping you continue to rock on. *Salutes*

- A lot of people consider this the theme song of Shadow. Everybody uses it, or I am, or This Machine as a theme song for him, and even Sonic Team used it again as a theme song for him in Sonic 06'. But to me, this is NOT his theme song. I don't consider it a representation of his character. This is a Ballad, a Tribute, a Song of Victory sung by the bards of old that tells the legend of the ultimate life form who rose from the darkness to become a hero of the world. In that regard, it is Darn good song of Tribute. The lyrics stating how Shadow has overcome his past and nightmares, the energetic tone of the instruments, everything about this song screams victory, and rightly so. Not only that, but the Lyrics have a moral within them that says to basically hang in there, and don't give up no matter what, that every experience you have, good or bad, will make you stronger in the grand scheme of things, as shown by Shadow's experiences in the game. All Hail Shadow: The Bard's tale Shadow deserves.

5. E.G.G.M.A.N. by Paul Shortino - Huh. It's kind of rare that a villain actually gets an official and vocal song of their own, isn't it? The only other villains I can think of that has one that I know of is Sephiroth from Final Fantasy 7, and Commander Margulis from the Xenosaga Trilogy, ...and both of which I question if they count since they're both in another language and both more designed as themes for battle against them, rather than for the characters themselves. Like Team Chaotix and This Machine, the Lyrics are blatant as to who it's for. Hell, like Team Chaotix, the very title is their names. So why is this far higher compared to those two? Well, while, I'll admit being better, if only slightly is a reason, the main reason is how...original and rare it is to see a vocal song officially dedicated to a VILLAIN. Plus, unlike Team Chaotix, and This Machine, it technically doesn't tell of the man's name. Remember, Eggman is a nickname for him. While it sounds like it's cheating, stop and think about it. You really think he's called that JUST because of his body? A common nickname for a man of science is "Egghead" due to their vast intelligence giving an opening to consider as a giant brain, or a giant head. Which means, it can technically be used for other scientists. Wily, can fit into this song if you put this into consideration. The music itself, like This Machine, sounds very steam-punk-esque and mechanical, and it helps that the instrumental is done by an ELECTRIC guitar, perfect for a scientist who focuses on machines and robotics. E.G.G.M.A.N: B.E.F.I.T.S. T.H.E. O.N.C.E. A.N.D. F.U.T.U.R.E. E.M.P.E.R.O.R. O.F. T.H.E. W.O.R.L.D.

- This song is just....Beautiful. Befits the situation Shadow feels in the endings of which this song is made from. The Lyrics tell of a man who doesn't remember his own tragic past, and then remembering that his very existence and actions has caused harm and death to the ones he loved and wanted to defend. I'd say that fits when you consider the Incident at the ARK that led to the Death of Maria, Gerald, and everyone else he probably met up there. The Music itself goes for a very slow, saddening melody, that's also very peaceful and dramatic. ...On a side-note, When I heard this song, I thought it actually fits perfectly with the Story of Anakin Skywalker, as he descended tragically to the role of Darth Vader, broken-hearted and cold, dead inside, thinking that he can never truly forgive himself for what he's done. In that regard, if All Hail Shadow was a Ballad of Victory, Chosen one is a Requiem for a tragic, fallen hero.

- Have I ever mentioned how Knuckles is my favorite character of all time? No. Well, this song is a good reason why. Now, to clarify, I like the Original, a lot. But this version I absolutely LOVE. As I stated already, I'm not too big a fan of Rapping, and Rapping should only be use as a theme when it's rough method of 'singing' fits the personality of the character. With that said, No other character is more brash and rough than the guardian of the Master Emerald. The lyrics themselves show in their own way the harsh independence and focus on strength that Knuckles has, as well as his determination to his duty as guardian and his kind heart. In a strange way, some of the lyrics actually gives me a mystic feel to it. Makes me feel like it's also referring to the Comic Knuckles as well. The music is festive and full of heat and strength, helped with the addition of a little jazz into it. One of the major reasons this is on the list instead of the original is, ...like how It doesn't matter was faster and shortened compared to the original, this is actually the exact opposite, an extension of the original. Also like Sonic's theme, it represents Knuckles trait of getting better and stronger, just as how Sonic gets faster.

- I never considered All Hail Shadow, I Am, This Machine, or Chosen One the theme for Shadow. So what DO I consider his theme? Why, the very first song representing him, of course. Like Dreams of an Absolution, It's subtle in what it's pointed to and represents. No names, no hints, nothing that directly points to Shadow when you hear this. You just hear it and the lyrics, and without any arrows, you just know, this is Shadow. It only has one verse, and the rest of the lyrics is the Chorus simply repeated. But oddly enough, that's all that's needed. Just a verse, a chorus, and an echo is enough to tell you what's going through the mind of the dark hedgehog. Shadow is somebody who doesn't care what is in his way, what he has to do to get what he wants, and is willing to complete his objective by any means necessary. It was true back when he first debut in Sonic Adventure 2, and it's true now. It's true in the games he started out in, and it's true in the comics. His dark past is still there no matter if he ignores it or not, and, let's face it, he's also somewhat immortal. The rest of his story and personality is told by the music itself. A dark aggressive rock, but with a hauntingly pleasant melody merged in near the end, representing that haunting past that's still within his memories. THIS, is Shadow's theme song. Always has been, always will be in my mind.

- ...Ironically, The number one choice is the one I'm going to have trouble explaining. The best way to describe it is that....it doesn't feel like a song you'd hear in a video game, It sounds more like a song I'd actually use as a theme for one of my characters. A song you'd hear in a rock concert of some kind. It makes me want to see what other songs this band made. It's lyrics are frankly tied with Powerman 5000's Almost dead with being the darkest lyrics in the Sonic series. It's befitting of Debating battle between the Dark Queen and Sonic about whether or not a world should be eternal or come to an end. The music Is excellent, filled with guitar rifts both rough and smooth, and has a similar rhythm at times to Merlina's Theme, creating the idea that it may be the theme of the Dark Queen herself. Honestly, that doesn't make sense since her philosophy was that the world should be without end. But regardless of who its for, the lyrics and the music of this is by far some of the best I've ever heard. A relatively dark song for a relatively dark villain and philosophy.

------------------------------------

Top 10 Eggman Plans

10. The Egg Fleet- I seriously would pay anything to find out when Eggman had the time to Make an entire Armada of flying battle ships, ...TWICE. Yes, they look silly. But beneath the looks you have to consider the grim reality, that this doctor just created an armada of battle ships perfectly capable of taking out entire countries if he wanted them too. Then he created a SPACE Armada as if to top that.

9. The Dark Egg Legion and the fail-safes he made for them - Luck was on his side the day that Lien-Da came with the Dark Legion to seek his aid in desperation. Fortunately as well that it was because they wanted Cybernetics back by any means after Enerjak erased it from them. On that day he didn't have to actually create robots or roboticize Mobians in vain. Now he has a way to make soldiers out of Mobians AND keep them in place due to the fail-safes he installed. He's so confident that they won't betray him, that he practically challenges Lien-Da to take any chance to take over if any are open to her.

8. The Death Egg- Ignoring the fact that Sega blatantly ripped that off of Star Wars, it's actually one of his most impressive creations yet. A massive fortress, designed to roboticize the world upon the usage of the 7 chaos emeralds. Rebuilding it in the Comic was a brilliant idea.

7. Draining energy from an Alien race for Mind-control- For those thinking that Eggman's a joke in the games. Tell me something: Would a joke of a villain basically commit Genocide for the sake of mind-controlling an entire planet to follow his will? ....That's what I thought. XD

6. Time Eater - When one has a time machine, they usually choose to go back to the past and correct historical mistakes. When Eggman has a Time Machine, he tears holes in the fabric of space and time for the sake of correcting his plans and ensuring no ally of Sonic gets in the way. ...Enough said.

5. M- I noticed some people say that ADAM was one of his greatest plans/creations. In my opinion, however, ADAM shouldn't even count as a plan or creation. Eggman specifically stated that ADAM was an accident, and one that betrayed him to boot. But M? M WAS the Daughter of the Eggman. She was powerful, a robot, and to top it off, she was absolutely LOYAL! Even Adam knew she'd be a problem, which is why he framed her quickly so that she can be eliminated. If Eggman still had M, it's possible that she always remain his Ace in the hole, his undyingly loyal servant, his daughter.

4. Tricking Sonic into a Capsule and launching him into space to self-destruct- This plan is high majorly on the list because, well, if it wasn't for the fake emerald letting Sonic use Chaos Control, Eggman would have effectively, finally kill his nemesis after so long. He was SO close to it.

3. Metal Sonic- Besides M, Metal was his greatest creation. His capabilities makes him match Sonic, and more. To top it off he was programmed for the sole purpose of destroying sonic, and luckily for Eggman, he has a sense of pride in trying to destroy him. So even if he disobeys he still poses a potential fatal threat to Sonic.

2, The Genesis Wave, both cases of it, - To manipulate and change reality itself to suit your image has always been a good idea. With Eggman this was of no exception. Probably the only reason he failed when it came to it was that if he really changed it to suit his image, then it would be game over for the comic series. ...That said...

1. His Team-up with Wily- The first chapter of the Crossover was amazing to me because... their plan against their adversaries really was brilliant. They placed all the pieces together and it was really looking from the beginning like it was going to work, Honestly, if it wasn't for Dr. Light, it probably would have. Like with The capsule, Eggman was SO CLOSE to getting Sonic killed, and Wily with Megaman, and just one unexpected anomaly in the plan just made it all slowly fall apart. Regardless, This plan was very effective, and in my opinion, it's his best plan yet because of that.

-------------------------------------

I'm afraid I can't make the last one, because I don't quite understand what "Games by plot" is suppose to mean.

On another note, does the suggestions HAVE to be Sonic based, or can it be based on...anything else media-related?

I'm afraid I can't make the last one, because I don't quite understand what "Games by plot" is suppose to mean.

On another note, does the suggestions HAVE to be Sonic based, or can it be based on...anything else media-related?

By game according to plot it means how the story begins and how it unfold throughout the game. Yeah, it's a bit difficult indeed :P

Preferabely Sonic, but I do understand that we would run out of subjects at some time. So only if necessary

Top 10 Archie story arcs (Can be either Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe or Mega Man)

10. Treasure Team Tango

9. Kindred Spirits

8. Into the Warzone

7. Endgame

6. Genesis

5. Chaotix Quest

4. Breaking Point

3. Chaos Clash

2. Secret Freedom Fighters

1. Spiritus Ex Machina

Top 10 Archie stories:

1.Treasure Team Tango-Sonic Universe

2.Kindred Spirits- Worlds Collide

3.The roads we take-Sonic the hedgehog

4.Chaotix Quest-Sonic Universe

5.Scourge Lockdown-Sonic Universe

6.House of cards-Sonic the hedgehog

7.Time keeps slipping-Mega Man

8.Secret Freedom Fighters-Sonic Universe

9.Scrambled-Sonic Universe

10.Let the games begin-Mega Man

My top 5 sonic games :D

1. Sonic Rush Adventure

2 Sonic Adventure

3. Sonic Adventure 2

4.. Sonic Colours

5. Sonic Unleashed

Top 5 Sonic Villains: 

1. Eggman

2. Scourge The Hedgehog

3. Mammoth Mogul

4. Metal Sonic

5. Eclipse

Top 10 anime opening songs

1. Unravel (Tokyo Ghoul)

2. Monochrome No Kiss (Black Butler)

3. ENAMEL (Black Butler: Book Of Circus)

4. Over Soul (Shaman King)

5. Head Hunt (Durarara X2)

6. We Are (One Piece)

7. Kokoro No Chizu (One Piece)

8. Hands Up (One Piece)

9. Snow Fairy (Fairy Tail)

10. Connect (Madoka Magica)

By The Way this list is not my "all time favorite anime openings" Since there are so many good ones which I really like but I thought I'd mention at least these since I've been listening these songs quite a lot. Also These animes listed as well are AWESOME! xD

Reason for locking: Since we now got an entire sections dedicated to countdowns, this thread does not serve a purpose anymore as it was supposed to be a collections of tops.