Skye Prower

Another RP Poll, this one is for everyone

Which Setting?   8 votes

1. 1. Which of these Sonic settings would you prefer?

• Archie - Pre Reboot
    • Archie - Post Reboot
    • Game Universe
    • IDW Universe
    • Other - Please specify in comments

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 posts in this topic

A purely hypothetical questions and of course not in any way linked to the recent suggestions thread.... *innocent look*

*clears throat* So.... speaking purely academically, say there was a new RP that would be open to the whole forum that would be easy to join in or leave at any point.  Somewhere between an RPM and one of the more serious RP's.  Obviously, it would be a Sonic RP as we are a Sonic site, but which version of the Sonic franchise should it be?

Given our links with the comics, one of the Archie continuities would make sense.  The Pre-Boot comes with a lot of built in lore and a detailed world, and has a strong fanbase.  However, that same lore can make it daunting for newcomers.  If this was a setting chosen, there would likely be a timeskip before the game started to resolve the dangling plot threads, so the stage if free for new adventures, rather than being forced to finish old ones.

Pre-boot is somewhat more accessible, as it can be thought of as 'the game world but with more characters'.  There's less heavy lore to worry about, though the groundwork for the world has been laid.  On the other hand, due to the circumstances that brought it about, there are those who do not care for it.

There's the simple options of just following the games, but those are a lot lighter (and often contradictory) on lore and world-building.

And of course, there's the new IDW comics.  But this has the same flaws as the Games world at the moment, and in addition, anything that gets added to the comics could contradict something in an RP set in that world.

Finally, there are a number of other universes out there, most obviously being the various TV shows and the Fleetway comics.

So, if you want a say just cast your vote, and you can vote for multiple options.  Of course, like I said, it's just hypothetical... honest.... *shuffles feet nervously*

I feel like the lore from the pre-reboot gives more choice of who you can play. Newcomers also would have the option of playing game characters that appeared, and you could possibly fit characters from other parts. I'm sure there'd be a way. It has been done before :P

I have to admit, I was expecting a little more feedback!

Still no one wants to say anything?

This poll is looking awkward!

I ate food an hour ago

That what you mean? :P

(You're just here to get votes tho aren't you?)

Lol!  Was it tastie food?

Votes help, but I prefer opinions and discussion.

Curry. It was pretty nice

Makes sense. Maybe make a status post?

Okay.... that's a little freaky... *looks at empty curry dish*

I guess...

I said it first. You copied me :P

Well you have now so time to wait

Edited by Dylan

Well I don't know much about the IDW Universe so I'll go with pre reboot archie. just like Dylan said it would allow for more characters to be apart of it. even one for different dimetions.

Wow!  That's a sudden jump!  Thanks for taking part! ;) 

I have done my civic duty and voted! I’ll be happy with whatever but I look forward to seeing the results.

I just realized it was up. I feel like the pre-reboot had more seriousness and importance to it compared to post, and IDW hasn't really established itself yet outside of being an aftermath for Forces, so we'd be restricted on how the story could go without changing major things ourselves. Game universe it kinda the same way.

And from a neck and neck it's pretty clear now what peoples preferences are! ;)