Skye Prower

Returning to Ganlo (Pokemon restart discussion)

How do we reboot Pokemon?   6 votes

1. 1. How do we reboot Pokemon?

• Restart from the beginning
    • Short time skip
    • Long time skip

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 posts in this topic

Given the voting in the Restarting RPs topic, Pokemon was a pretty clear winner.  So it looks like we'll hope to bring it back soon.  But in what form?

With the work that was put into creating Ganlo, I want to keep the setting intact.  Which gives us three options.

1) A short time skip.  Keep the existing game, but skip to the end of the tournament, with everyone ready to set off.  This starts off with things moving right away, but still lets new players join in and still bond with their new pokemon partners.  They simply arrived a little late.

2) A long time skip.  Keep the existing game, but skip forward to a point where everyone has a gym/contest badge or two, and a full team.  This will get things moving quickly, but it does miss out on the early exploration and character development.

3) Complete Restart.  Lock the existing topic, and start a whole new game, either with new characters, or bringing back the older ones.    Less baggage from the old game, but some people might not like wiping away what we've already done.

Alright, what are everyone's thoughts?

I say we restart it. I know that both Xander and Tony may not be present in the rp so Jack's knowledge of them would hinder his development due to his "Sinnoh rivals" being unavailable for battle. Plus I'd like to write Jack's meeting with Chimchar a little differently.

Restart or short time skip. But let's avoid the tournament this time and try to get them going quicker

Restart, seeing how I was never in the original, and don't really understand all the progress already made. And It would be nice to have my character start with the rest.

I’m honestly going to wait a little bit before I give my input seeing as the people who played this RP should get a say first.

It looks like restarting is the clear favourite here!

In which case I'll get round to making a new OOC and Game thread.  Both will be pretty similar to before, as the main game details will be the same.  Just with a few tweaks.  It'll likely be a few weeks before that happens however.  But don't worry, it will happen.