Thire

Team Sonic Racing (Xbox One, PC, PS4, & Nintendo Switch)

16 posts in this topic

After a month of teases, we finally have a trailer and title for the new Sonic Racing game; Team Sonic Racing!

Team Sonic Racing combines the best elements of arcade and fast-paced competitive style racing as you face-off with friends in intense multiplayer racing. Race together and work together as a team by sharing power-ups and speed boosts. Take control of your racing style – Choose from 3 distinct character types and unlock game-changing vehicle customization options to suit your racing style. Speed up. Gear Up Team Racing at Sonic Speed!

• Online Multiplayer & Local Co-Op Modes 12 players per race, 4 player split screen, and various offline / online race modes including Grand Prix Mode, Exhibition Mode, Time-Trial and Team Adventure Mode.
  • Team Racing Race as a team, win as a team. Use various team moves to assist your teammates, knock out opponents and unleash your Team Ultimate.
  • Performance & Skin Customization Alter the appearance and handling of your vehicle.
  • Wisps – 14 spectacular offensive and defensive items to help overcome rival teams and get ahead!
  • Adventure Mode Unique story experience where players are introduced to basic game features and characters.
  • Various Characters and Classes 15 playable characters from across the Sonic Universe and 3 distinct character types including Speed, Technique, and Power classes.

It’s confirmed that it will be exclusively Sonic characters, no information on whether we’ll have guest characters or SEGA characters in the game.  

Edited by Thire-chu

I mean... they already have other racing games so I find it a little strange they'd make another. Are they making it like Sonic Heroes though where you play with a team?

That being said I don't care about the other SEGA characters in All Stars and Transformed so it's somewhat more satisfying to be able to play with just Sonic characters (willing to bet they'll end up adding other SEGA characters anyway at a later point)

Also I do like that you'll be able to actually choose how your vehicle looks

I did like in transformed however that I could use Team Fortress or Vyse. I’ll have to see what characters are in this new one before I change up.

I think this is like the first time we've ever seen Omega in car...

I did enjoy the Sega All-Star games. Hopefully they'll finally explain why Sonic is driving a car.

Hopefully they'll finally explain why Sonic is driving a car.

Wasn't there an off panel in the Archie comics that gave a reason for Sonic to be driving a car in the games? :P

As good as a reason they gave, you can’t trust the Off-Panels...

What are you talking about? Off panels are the most trustworthy source :P

Honestly, the off-panel made 100% sense this time, so it's pretty much the 'canon' reason as far as I'm concerned.

The Off-Panels are truly accurate. Like some kind of mystic tome.

Could some one tell me where this particular off panel is? (I only vaguely remember it)

I'm pretty sure it's the SU issue that was he Sega All-Stars racing promo.

I checked. It's Sonic Universe issue 45

Here is the off panel 

Sonic_racing.jpg

Funny thing though. I checked the comic and Sonic says he chose the drive the car over racing on foot 

Real footage

Hud is a little bit overloaded IMO. A lot of things that could be united and that could free some space. And no track map.

Eggpawns seems to be temporary mock while other teams are kept in secret. Webber's words.

Edited by Genesi5