Lino Blythe

FCC and Net Neutrality

21 posts in this topic

I learned something that has happened from a friend and I believe it is important for all of us at Scanf. Please read this conversation between me and a friend:

3:51 PM - Nittrus: So apparently the FCC voted to kill Net Neutrality regulations and declassify the Internet as a public utility while everyone was focussed on Thanks Giving

3:51 PM - Nittrus: the held the vote 2 weeks earlier than previously announced on Thanksgiving day

3:52 PM - Nittrus: they also extended powers to ISP's to block websites all together or charge after the fact for people visiting websites, so watch your bills o.o

3:52 PM - Nittrus: So now on top of paying for Netflix we're likely going to be charged an additional monthly fee from Comcast for accessing it >.>

3:53 PM - Nittrus: Want to play games online you now must pay extra is now a possible reality >.>

3:53 PM - Lino Blythe: Seriously?

3:53 PM - Nittrus: not to mention small data caps >.>

3:53 PM - Nittrus: yis

3:54 PM - Nittrus: they are giving the public 14 days to voice their opinion

3:54 PM - Nittrus: >.>

3:55 PM - Lino Blythe: Link to cuss them out please

If you want to try to fight this I'll send two links to do so. The first one you just input your email to sign and the second link will give you the FCC's email to voice your own opinion.

http://sign.demandprogress.org/net-neutrality/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlsebwJHd1wIVybbACh0zgA11EAAYASAAEgKQ7_D_BwE

https://www.fcc.gov/general/fcc-establishes-new-inbox-open-internet-comments

I'm guessing this is for the US only to act.  The rest of us just have to cross our fingers that it doesn't spread?

Well that is what everyone seems to think but it is the internet. Something like this will spread if it goes through

My disappointment in humanity would rise to a whole new level if net neutrality loses. Someone put FCC on Dark Web's hit list.

Also, how are things now? Which side is winning? Internet ISIS or people?

Edited by NMS
1 person likes this

I don't know. My friend who warned me about it is the only one able to keep up with this

I just want to say I'm sorry for your loss America

Wait so they WILL have that awful law now?! Rest In Peace America.

From what I've seen, the FCC voted 3-2 that it'll be removed

Dunno if congress or whatever has a chance to dismiss it though

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

1 person likes this

Same Seviper... I guess our only option will be wait for it to take affect then people will see how bad this is, then hopefully the Government will realize that the FCC has too much power and violated some of our freedoms...

Congress still needs to show us if they'll let it pass or not. Here's to hoping they don't. Just keep in mind, if you play certain games that use a US server, you may need to pay that still or just not go on that kind of server. Heck, it may limit what games are available to the US so if you play with American friends, say goodbye to playing certain games with them because of this.

Was incompetence or corruption the main reason for this?

Corruption, the guy who came up with the idea of removal was a big company person and hated video games. He also released a video shortly after he won and started saying some harsh things to people/companies that supported Net Neutrality.

Welp, My disappointment in humanity stats level went up to lv8.

Corruption, the guy who came up with the idea of removal was a big company person and hated video games. He also released a video shortly after he won and started saying some harsh things to people/companies that supported Net Neutrality.

I knew about that guy.  I was meaning those who made the vote.

Like it was stated before, a 3-2 vote and the 3 were probably people bribed by the FCC...

With Trump being a businessman, he is using his presidency to try and make more money as well. Corruption is running deep and spreading fast. Money is power for them. They can choke on it for all I care (sorry for the harsh comment)

1 person likes this

With Trump being a businessman, he is using his presidency to try and make more money as well. Corruption is running deep and spreading fast. Money is power for them. They can choke on it for all I care (sorry for the harsh comment)

*reads comment*

*re-reads comment*

Harshness?  I see no harshness here!  This has been about the mildest criticism I've seen.  

I completely agree! Those suits have been corrupted and only care about money! We need to get some real people to slap some sense into those suits.

To think I voted for that guy...the first I vote for someone I get backstabbed...that's politics for ya. I already have distaste for the rich and powerful. I make just enough to make I survive every two weeks...internet being part of my survival. Turn something I love into toxin...more toxin than it was. Why must the regular honest working guys get...well...screwed? Damn those twenty dollar smoking jackals and their terrible haircuts.

Even the best human will become corrupted when presented with power. All of the govermental bigshots are corrupted one way or another.