Geoffrey St John

Mobian mystery Dungeon: Nicole's story

Who should Nicole go with?   7 votes

1. 1. Who should Nicole go with?

• Go with Sally
    • Go with Hope
    • Go with Rotor

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

28 posts in this topic

This is the second story in my Mobian mystery dungeon project. Allow me to begin the story of Nicole.

--------------------

"We are gathered in this meeting to discuss Nicole's action in the recently revealed Secret Freedom fighters plan. At the time she was exiled and yet still aided in the forming and even helped restore a robot who was constructed by Dr Eggman. These actions alone is enough to charge with treason! However fellow council member Sir Charles also aided in those tasks and we have chosen to find him not guilty of treason due to the truth of our previous King. Our newly appointed council member and current King Elias has spoken up for you as he did for sir Charles. Because of this detail we have elected to not officially charge you with anything. Instead we are giving you three choices that will create an illusion of punishment in the eyes of the public" said Hamlin Pig. 

"The choices you have will be given by our three guests in this room" said King Elias.

On the left stood Sally Acorn who said "You return to your handheld device and join me on a mission to the other regions as a way to assess the condition of other kingdoms"

In the middle was Hope Kintobar who said "You could come with me to GUN where we will work on a way to create a body for you and aid us against the Iron Queen's legion"

On the right was Rotor Walrus who said "I am about to begin the reconstruction of the freedom HQ and secondary base for our teams to rest. Your help in the construction design and programming of the defences would be appreciated"

"Those are you three choices which are each a mission that will take some time and create an illusion of exile" said King Elias.

----------------------

So my readers who will you choose to send Nicole with? Let's us find out!

Hello my faithful readers. The vote is currently a tie and as a result I will extend the deadline to new years day. I hope that there is a clear choice when that time comes.

1 person likes this

I'd like to change my vote to Hope actually :P

In light of Dylan's request to change his vote it seems the story can progress.

----------------------------

"I think I should accompany Hope because I can be more useful there" said Nicole.

"Very well Nicole please take care and say your goodbyes for the time being. You will leave tomorrow morning" said King Elias.

The next day Nicole left with Hope and once they arrived at GUN HQ she was welcomed by Commander Tower himself. "Nicole I appreciate you coming to assist us in the battle with the iron queen. You can do what you wish for today but tomorrow I will have an assignment for you. So dismissed for now" said Tower.

"So you have the day to yourself? Well I could show you the lab if you wanted. Or you could go to the rec room. Shadow and Rouge are probably there right now. There is also the armoury where Omega is probably getting checked and reloaded" said Hope as she waited for Nicole's reply.

---------------------------------------------

Now my dear readers you get to decide where Nicole goes to visit. Does she:

Go to the lab?

Or the Rec room?

Or the armoury?

Voting closes at the end of January so please vote now.

I vote lab too.

Edited by Katmuffin

Hmm... lab makes more sense.... but I'm curious what Rouge and Shadow make of this, so I'm saying Rec Room.

With more votes for the lab we have the destination.

---------------------------------------------------

"I think I should grow accustomed to the lab. So please show me the way to it" said Nicole to which Hope smiled and led the way.

"In this lab we focus on three different objectives. We decode data retrieved from Eggman Empire servers, develop new machinary and weapons or we run scans of the planet from our secret slalites. I trust should I show you that salitilte that you will keep its existance secret" said Hope.

"Unless it is used to breach the privacy or safety of my friends you have my discresion" said Nicole.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So my dear readers it is up to you to decide which of the three lab functions Nicole looks into.

Should she:

Investigate the salitie?

Look into devolpment of machinary

Or Attempt decoding eggman's encripted data?

Vote now for which choice you wish her to pursue The voting closes in three weeks.

Edited by Geoffrey St John

Hmmm... I pick attempt to decode Eggman's encrypted data

What happened to the 'make physical body' option?

I'm interested in those suspicious satellites, so I vote Nicole investigates those.

Oh dear there us no clear winner in the vote. I guess I must extend the  vote another week.

Given no one has replied since my last post I have to say if no more votes are made by Friday I will have to go for the only option that is not involved in the tie.

Ehh, I'll change to decode eggman data

Edited by Katmuffin

Given Kat changed her vote I now have a path to follow

Nicole thought about the options and decided that decoding the data was the best option. "Show me the decryption system" said Nicole. Hope took Nicole to a terminal which was linked to a processir which was about the size if Rotor. Hope didn't need to explain anything since Nicole linked with the system and began decoding. After about half an hour she had managed to decode a report. "Hope! Please contact Commander Tower immediately. I have vital data" said Nicole which caused Hope to trigger the action alarm. A few minutes later, Tower, Omega, Rouge and Shadow all rushed into the lab. "What is the alert Hope?" Asked Shadow.

"I was the one who requested the alerr. I linked with the decryption system and managed to retrieve a report. The report mentions three seperate problems we need to act on immediately. One is that there is a radar dish constructed in the northernTundra that when activated will send a magnetic signal that will block all radio waves from being broadcast. That will cut off all regions putting countless villages at risk. Another problem is that in one of Eggman's factories there is a system installing Nanite magnets which cause any nanite within a 20 mile radius to be drawn to it regardless of programming. Should that be completed then Mobotropolis is in danger. The third problem is a egg carrier piloted by a robot which was recently constructed based upon battle data of team Fighters. A terminal in the Egg carrier sends a virus into robotik systems which will corrupt the programming and turn them into servants of Eggman" reported Nicole.

Tower was shocked at Nicoles report but he knew action mueet be taken. "Hope, I will need you and Nicole in the field for this next task. Rouge you will go alone to one of the missions while Hope goes with Omega and Nicole with Shadow. Since you gave us this data, Nicole you choose which mission you would like" said Tower.

So my dear readers which Mission should Nicole take?

Destroy the jammer?

Put an end to the nanite magnet swatbots?

Or erase the virus spreading egg carrier?

Hmm...erase virus spreading egg carrier

Er.... I'm a little bit confused about the carrier.  1) How many people uses robots as a general purpose aside from Eggman 2) does Nicole count as 'robot'?

Er.... I'm a little bit confused about the carrier.  1) How many people uses robots as a general purpose aside from Eggman 2) does Nicole count as 'robot'?

I am not ggoing to answer those questions because the events of this story are yet to be written.

The second one I understand, but the first, well..... I can't say which could be the bigger threat!

As such, I'm going to make her go nanite hunting.  She knows what to do with nanites

Apologies for the long delay. The story shall continue now.

"Commander Tower, I would like to go on the mission to destroy the Nanite Magnet Swatbot factory" said Nicole.

"Very well. Hope and Omega are assigned to the Virus Carrier mission. Rouge take down the hammer. Everyone gear up and head out immediately" ordered Tower.

Shadow grabbed Nicole's handheld and rushed out to gear up.

"Shadow, the nanites are dangerous if Eggman can steal the ones from the city then millions are in deep trouble. Are you prepared to do whatever it takes to stop that?" Asked Nicole which caused Shadow to laugh.

"I have been prepared to put my life on the line from day one. I am the ultimate lifeform after all" said Shadow which caused Nicole to smile. She was about to compare Shadow to Sonic but knew that would not be recieved well.

Shadow used his chaos spears to breach the factory and rushed inside. "Get me to a terminal and destroy anything that comes too close to me" said Nicole. Shadow found a terminal and hooked up Nicole which triggered an alarm.

"Do what you must Nicole, I will handle these chunks of scrap" said Shadow as he smashed swatbot after swatbot.

Nicole entered the mainframe of the factory and managed to access the database. Within the database she discovered that Eggman added a nanite generator within the power cores of his swatbot. "Wait! With those generators built within the bots! Oh no! I have to warn Shadow! But wait, the magnet and generator combination could help me upgrade my own capabilities. Huh!?" said Nicole as she was interrupted by an alert which showed her that Eggman was trying to download his schematics to a different terminal in a different location.

Do my dear readers it is time for another vote. But first allow me to clarify something.

Nicole discovered that the swatbot that Shadow is fighting have power cores that absorb energy they are hit with and create nanites. Also with them are the nanite magnets which draw in nanites to operational units. The built in programming of the swatbots use nanites to upgrade their weapons or armour. That means that swatbots get stronger with each one Shadow destroys.

Now with that explained it is time to give you your choices.

Does Nicole

Return to her handheld and warn Shadow

Hack into one of the swatbots remotely to try and shut it down

Or prevent the download from happening?

The vote shall close on December 1st.

Given that hacking a single swatbot won;t make much difference I vote for warning Shadow.

Hmmmmm... probably best to warn Shadow

Although stopping the download would severely affect Eggman, warning Shadow seems like the best option... he might be a powerful ally in the future, and so he should not fight robots that get stronger the more energy they are hit by (*cough*like CHAOS ENERGY*cough*)

I guess I’ll join the majority and go with warn Shadow.