Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skye Prower

Major Internet Problems... HELP!

6 posts in this topic

So today, Chrome started acting squirrily, thinking that websites such as Amazon, BBC, wikipedia, and even SCANF were unsecure and malicious, denying me access.

I have just tried to uninstall and reinstall Chrome, but now Internet Explorer is doing the same thing.  And one of the things its perventing access to is the Chrome download.

And if I force a webpage to load despite the warnings, it comes up all garbled.

So... it seems for some reason my computer has decided that all security certificates are fakes.... How the heck do I sort this?

Oh boy, does your anti-virus have an extension on any of your web browsers? What anti-virus do you use?

Edited by Thire

Thankfully its been sorted, but yep, it was the anti-virus.  (AVG)  It'd essentially turned into a power-mad despot, refusing to accept any websites security certificate.  As such it was forcibly removed from power, and reinstalling it has cleared it all up.

First trouble I've really had with AVG since I started using it.

First trouble I've really had with AVG since I started using it.

The antiviruses seem to have a thing nowadays at blocking bad websites. My AVG hasn't done anything really like that. But I know my mom uninstalled AVG because something regarding it bothered her and now she's been having problems with avast

Edit: Also if it happens again remember to try and disable firewall

Well, glad to know it's working again!