Dcfan200

Making an Effort

9 posts in this topic

I'm Dcfan200, in case you're not already aware, and I'm making a joint effort with my friends to try helping the Sonic the Hedgehog comics by forming this petition. Now, as most of you already know, this originates from the commonly known information that Archie's CEO, Jonathan Goldwater, supposedly stated that Sonic's comics were "not really Archie," and as a result, are supposed to be genuinely cancelled. So, we're forming together in an effort to try and make our voices heard as friends and fans for the better of not just ourselves, but the comics themselves. If you want to help, the petition is below this sentence. Thank you.

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/project-all-freedom

Even if you reach the goal nothing is going to happen. The contract between Archie and Sega has already been rescinded and IDW is now the new publisher. If Sega were then to go BACK to Archie after this then there would be a P.R sh**storm.

Archie wasn't even what mattered anyway, it was the writers and artists who are free to move to IDW if they want to. They only worked on the Sonic comic part of Archie anyway so it's not like they're needed there now.

My main question is whether or not SCANF will have the comics re-uploaded now seeing as there's no harm done.. 

My main question is whether or not SCANF will have the comics re-uploaded now seeing as there's no harm done.. 

Probably not. But we'll see

Probably not. But we'll see

Aww man, but there's no reason not to anymore. I think SCANF would be a great place to memorialise the comics before they got shut down. Oh well :/

You're forgetting about publishing rights for collections/reprints.

You're forgetting about publishing rights for collections/reprints.

I thought Sega revoked rights from Archie completely? So how can they republish them if it meant they were making a profit on an IP they no longer have the rights to?

Anyone know what the deal is there? Skye?

I probibly know less than most people at this point.

They're still available on Comixology, along with Mega Man, but I don't know for how long. Maybe they still have to catch up with the news since the cancelled issues are still listed as coming soon. But for those who still want them, this is probably your last chance, and it won't be cheap. Good thing I still have backups from here since the Knuckles series is incomplete. Of course you can still get them for free on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tails_(character) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kick-Ass_(film) (again not saying it directly because of adult content, but you'll have to go there if you want the rest of Knuckles issues anyway), but you won't unfortunately get the quality of the digital releases. And if you get or already have them on Comixology, make sure you download them AND have a backup just in case.