Skye Prower

Sonic SCANF Youtube channel?

159 posts in this topic

Ahhhh, I'm late to the party again! 

But yeah, I'll see if I can whip up a guide to recording. Like Dylan said, OBS is a good recording software so I'll work on getting my computer stable with it.

Thanks Thire!  It's pretty clear we need all the help we can get! ;-p

Also, who knows about the legal side of using images and video clips and stuff?

There is a fair use law on it. Which I think the gist is as long as you transform the clip into something new, usually with commentary or something then it's fine

I haven't fully looked into it though. But fair use is where you need to look for this sort of thing

I want in too. 

So with fair use, I think it really matters whose content you're using, some companies and people are legal Nazis and some could care less about what happens to their work.

That is true. Some are more accepting than others

But do you need to put up a 'blah blah belongs to blah blah' all the time?  That's gonna be a minefield if I start looking at the comics! ;-p 

But do you need to put up a 'blah blah belongs to blah blah' all the time?  That's gonna be a minefield if I start looking at the comics! ;-p 

Yes. Yes you do. Otherwise it can be considered that you are taking their work and passing it off as your own... I think

But I think you can put it in the description of a video

Okay, just so we can get an idea as to how well your rig will perform for streaming/recording videos, http://beta.speedtest.net/ will check your internet speed. If you guys wouldn't mind going here and telling me the results, that help me determine if you can stream or not.

I'm pretty certain mine is 'not a chance in hell' but...

Ping: 56 ms

Download: 2.16 Mbps

Upload: 0.37 Mbps

I guess I won't do much in the channel, but here are my statistics if needed:

Ping: 31 ms 
Download: 20.53 Mbps
Upload: 29.32 Mbps

Ping: 9 ms
Download: 48.72 Mbps
Upload: 9.34 Mbps

Ping 15 ms

download 14.21 Mbps

Upload 0.38 Mbps

Uh I am not sure where I stand.

Ping:18 ms

Download: 17.33mbps

Upload: 9.67mbps

If I'm not mistaken, the lowest the ping is, and the higher the other two numbers are, the better.

I think it's clear my internet is pretty terrible out here past the Styx

Okay Skye, sorry but that's not the best... :( 

Chaos you've got a great speed ;) 

Dylan yours is great too ;) 

Shinomi you've got a great down speed, which means watching YouTube or any streaming service is fast. However your upload speed is low, meaning you might not be able to stream. :( 

Geoffrey you've got a good speed too :) 

I think that's how everyone stands. Chaos, Dylan, and Geoffrey's internet is ideal for streaming. Shinomi and Skye will have to stick with recording unfortunately.

Lol!  'Not the best' is probibly the politest way I've seen it put! ;)  Pretty much confirms what I knew.  Though, if we're doing a multiplayer stream, I do know I can take part in that, as I am capable of having voice chat at the same time as online games.

Okay Skye, sorry but that's not the best... :( 

Chaos you've got a great speed ;) 

Dylan yours is great too ;) 

Shinomi you've got a great down speed, which means watching YouTube or any streaming service is fast. However your upload speed is low, meaning you might not be able to stream. :( 

Geoffrey you've got a good speed too :) 

I think that's how everyone stands. Chaos, Dylan, and Geoffrey's internet is ideal for streaming. Shinomi and Skye will have to stick with recording unfortunately.

I mean I never even liked "streaming" I like recording much better... (So I can hide my shameeeee)

A bit late....

Ping 22ms

Download 55.28 Mbps

Upload 6.21Mbps

Kat you've got a good speed too, if you want to stream you've got the speed for it.

Sorry to double post but I feel you should know, my computer refuses to run OBS Studio. I an currently working either fixing it, or trying out something else in the mean time. I really hope I can get a guide for recording/streaming out for you guys soon...

It's like there is a conspiracy trying to spot us getting this channel up and running! ;-p

But in all seriousness, hope you manage to get a work around, but don't push too hard.  I'll be unlikely to actually be able to do anything substantial till late October at best.

I don't know how long I've been at this, but OBS either REALLY doesn't like Windows 7 or I'm just dumb :P. Really sorry to everyone who was looking forward to a guide on recording/streaming. In the mean time, I'll look and see if someone on YouTube has a good guide. 

On the flip side, is anyone still interested in doing this? If not that's okay. I still would like to help anyone who wants to start something on their own. ;) 

I still have no idea how I could contribute to the channel, (epic music sounds in the background) BUT since the comics section fell, I promised to stand here and do everything in my hands to help this site grow.

Also, what exactly do you mean with "starting something on their own"?

Edited by ChaosKaiser